Idea to help against dodge meta

Gej15
39 posts Member
So I was thinking there needs to be a character that helps against characters that dodge. Weather it's a leader ability or a unique skill, but something like whenever an enemy dodges this character comes in with an univoidable assist. This might give the game a true rock-paper-scissors dynamic.

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Dodge forgoes mitigation in favor of luck.

Speed and crit chance are the strategic counters to that.

Hit often, and hit big.
  • Options
    Or better, when a character dodges, another one gets hit instead. That'll teach them Dooku cookie cutter teams.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Or better, when a character dodges, another one gets hit instead. That'll teach them Dooku cookie cutter teams.

Dooku's not the dodger you're looking for...
  • Options
    Expose ought to generate unavoidable strikes.
  • Options
    There are already several characters in the game with unavoidable attacks. I see this as a direct counter to dodge. Dooku teams dodge my Savage's Overpower ability in GW all the time, but if they are less than 25% health it's unavoidable and kills them anyways. It is always great to see the little "DODGE" tag pop-up as Savage crushes them to death!

Other characters with unavoidable damage - Teebo's Bring Low special is unavoidable and he's easily farmable in GW. Cad Bane's Stun Glove special is also unavoidable and he'll become easily farmable in GW soon (once they release Echo). Grievous' basic is also unavoidable (and can't be countered), but he's not really feasible for farming.

Also, you don't really need the damage to be unavoidable to counter a dodge team. Timitock is right that you just need to hit them hard and fast (they can't dodge everything). I also like applying speed down and removing turn meter as a means of getting more attacks in (something I've been focusing on for raids). They will always dodge some percentage, but if I'm getting way more attacks, I'll still land enough damage to kill off characters even if they get a few dodges.
  • Options
    Kopfschuss wrote: »

Dooku's not the dodger you're looking for...

My server still has 60% Dooku 30% Old Ben 9% Phasma 0,99% other. And it's a launch server. (the last 0,01% is me btw)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride