Ig-86 vs ig-88

Prev13
I own a fully upgraded ig88 and i thought hed be the best droid cause hes prb the most recognized...however every time i play a team with ig86 i have to say im impressed

So whose better overall ig86 or ig88? 2nd question which is the best droid overall to upgrade?

Replies

• Options
    I've found 86 to be way superior. 88 does great damage and if you can get his AoE off with a lot of debuffs it's huge, but he's also very squishy and targeted first. 86, on the other hand, doesn't need any special set up to do big damage and tends to live a lot longer. Which will be better will depend on your team, but 86 is better in more teams than 88.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I-86 has an assist call. And can hit gear 11. And AoE's aren't as important in raids and that's i-88's best action.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    86 has more HP and protection, crits more often, and has assist. 88 has a good AoE but it's hit or miss depending on how many criticals it delivers and if ability block sticks. For some reason they made 86 better overall and who's even heard of him before this game.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    86 hits harder, 88 has more abilities- take your pick!

Yup. 86 has zero utility. Everything he has is pure DPS. 86 has silence plus AoE and potential for good damage on the right team.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Matter of preference, I run both. While they are both different and serve different roles, I think 88 is superior and that's why he's nearly always the first targeted on a team.

Shutting down the whole team's specials is pretty great and if you combine him with anyone else that causes a status effect, he hits a lot harder than 86.

86 does damage. That's it. No utility, just damage.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    88 has the strongest basic attack in the game I believe... if he ever gets a turn to use it (and if there are debuffs on the opponent). I also think his AOE is the strongest.. assuming the same conditions are met.

86 will live longer thanks to his gear 11 protection and assists are never bad (unless they call jawa engineer... booo).
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    88 has the strongest basic attack in the game I believe... if he ever gets a turn to use it (and if there are debuffs on the opponent). I also think his AOE is the strongest.. assuming the same conditions are met.

86 will live longer thanks to his gear 11 protection and assists are never bad (unless they call jawa engineer... booo).

86 has a stronger basic attack. All his bonuses to damage. At max, he as +50% crit chance and a total bonus of +65% damage. 88's basic is healing immunity chance. Though I'm not sure if 86 still has the strongest basic.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    88 and 86 are at their best when together, usually. Either one alone? I find special situations:

88 is better for the new GW, even on a non droid team. I will remove my droid team when they are damaged, but still use 88 on a new team, because the TM change gives him first first turn quicker where it matters, and because of his self-heal.

86 is better with a speed/assist team, although he is second tier in a non droid team. 86 gets you so far, then there's better. Although I saw such a team make first place the other day. 86's unique gives him crit with other droids, so he is kinda gimped when he's not with other droids.

88's unique abilities make him massacre with his AOE when paired with debuffers. This can be huge in GW. But very few of the non droid combos will work in Arena, because 88 is slow without Poe, poggle, or JE and will get focus fired before he gets a shot. Even with poe/poggle, many squads can kill him before he acts.

I think you got the right one. 88 is insanely unbalanced and OP if it were not for his low speed and health. He is a nuclear bomb when facing 5 enemies, esp if there are 2 or 3 toons with a debuff. Since the new GW makes the slowest of toons often act before enemy Dooku/Rey/Leia, even, he gets to drop a lot of bombs he would ordinarily not get off.

• Options
    I pair my IG-88 with Vader to take advantage of his unique ability and with magmatrooper on my team I can almost guarantee he gets at least a couple turns.
  • Options
    But 86 has a bit more health and a nice assist ability.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »

86 has a stronger basic attack. All his bonuses to damage. At max, he as +50% crit chance and a total bonus of +65% damage. 88's basic is healing immunity chance. Though I'm not sure if 86 still has the strongest basic.

88 has a stronger basic if the opponent has any debuff man. I did 12k earlier when all 5 were debuffed (sure thats not common, but I am saying it CAN be the strongest given the circumstances). IG 86 is solid and I omega'd his assist... it's really good (especially when calling in IG 88 / GG).

• Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    88 if you have a debuff centric team. 86 in pretty much any other team. 88 in a vader team could be dangerous.
  • Options
    ok I play both, AOE for 88 vs Taunt, it just depends on who you are up against. The base damage is great on both, i actually got rid of GS to add both of these with a poggle lead and have been doing fine in arena. It's important to have an AOE when taunt kicks in when someone is almost dead. On top of that 88 has the ability block to screw the taunters and the dispellers. To answer your question run both. With protection 88 is a lot more viable.
  • Options
    I'd like to hear about each of the droids here after they use omega mats. Anyone?
  • Options
    I have 88 at gear level 9 and he isn't nearly as squishy. He's great with HK lead as he's almost guaranteed to get full TM after his AoE. I have his basic attack at level 8 and he can hit for 12,000.

86 is better for raids b/c of the assist.
  • Options
    Ig88 is better in a droid/debuff team.

Ig86 is better everywhere else.

Basically ig86 is the one you can throw in any team and he will do well so he's the better of the 2 IMO.
  • Options
    Wait so 88 cant get to gear level 11? I have him at 8 right now unfortunately sometimes he does get killed before he can act not as much due to protection being added but him with sidious ibe found is amazing but 86 does seem to last longer...my team is more spead and strike first so i guess 88 is the one to stick with
  • Options
    On a unrelated topic ive noticed that when i vs qui gon jin teams everyone is faster but there not jedis and they do bonus attacks witout qui gon even doin his attack that does that...has anyone else noticed that?
  • Options
    On a unrelated topic ive noticed that when i vs qui gon jin teams everyone is faster but there not jedis and they do bonus attacks witout qui gon even doin his attack that does that...has anyone else noticed that?

Idk but once you get jawa engineer with a droid team speed teams like that are easy pickings.
  • Options
    Hmm jawa engineer i have to look into him thanks
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Just about to unlock engineer, cant wait until I get him to 7* so I can use him. Hk, 86, 88, Jawa, and I am working on GG but may just level up poggle. When I can afford the droids and creds.....
  • Options
    Nice
  • Options
    Where do u get his shards?
  • WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Where do u get his shards?

Whose?

88 is in Arena shipments, 86 in GW shipments, JE in Guild shipments
  • Options
    Je i was wondering thanks
  • Options
    Guild shipments that will take awhile
  • Brimley_Ploom_19
    366 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I give 86 a slight edge, because of his survivability. 88 is targeted heavily and has less health/prot. 86 has a nasty assist shot, 88s aoe is the best in the game imo, slight edge goes to 88 on utility. 86 gets the edge on plugging into any team and improving it, as 88 is more a liability.

However, under certain circumstances, namely when HK is leading with omega lead and adding jawa engineer, I believe 88 will be far superior. Engineer will go first, giving 50% TM and crit up to droids, poggle will offense up, 88 will aoe and likely will gain 250% TM from HK leader (50% TM on crit) which is 2.5 turns, and aoe a second time back to back, all within the first turn. 86 will have had a turn after that along with HK who, with doing his aoe will likely get 250% TM as well, giving him 2 turns. I'm wondering though, does +250% TM warrant TWO turns granted? That would be even sicker. Anyway, all that will happen in the first round before the other team moves. =/
  • Options
    At what point does 88 AoE become more effective? I'm player level 64 and have him at 6* - ability level 5. It rarely seems to apply ability block affect to more than 1 toon, and I've had it many times affect none. Does that get better as he gets leveled up?
  • Bak_Sherpa
    89 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Refer to next post, pardon my stupidity.