Gameplay vs. Progression

PhilG1
31 posts Member
Hi developers,

I'm not sure if this feedback post is in the right place, it is more of a general feedback comment, but please take a few minutes to read some constructive suggestions. I have no intentions of complaining or insulting you. In my opinion, and one that is shared with many of my guild compatriots, is that the game (which we all like) would be MUCH more enjoyable if the content development focus is shifted more from emphasis on mindless progression (e.g. Level progression, gear progression, LS/DS/Arena progression to creative and fun gameplay improvements. We have gotten glimpses of this from you with the concept of challenges, events, and raids, but overall the challenges become stale and auto-playable, new events are few and far between, and the raid has been great, but may join the others in auto-play after a while.

I think the game would benefit from a more emphatic shift from the sim for gear and level progression model it is currently in, with emphasis on level cap increases to creative gameplay development, with unique challenges, events, and raids that are challenging and offer rewards based on the outcome. Let me give you a couple examples:

1. Alteration to the bounty hunter event/challenge model: in this challenge, you must use minimum of 3 scoundrel characters and may add two additional characters of your choosing. The challenge can be attempted a certain number of times per day. The challenge has 7-10 stages, increasing in difficulty, where your bounty hunter team must infiltrate a galactic bank and strategically take out guards to steal credits. Each stage has a greater credit rewards, and health and cooldowns translate from stage to stage. The challenge is designed such that completing the whole thing is very difficult, maybe 25% success rate with a full 7-star lvl 80 gear 9 roster. The challenge would also favor scoundrels in some way, for example their attacks ignore defense or critical chance increases or potency increases etc. to favor utilizing the characters that the challenge is designed around. This same model could be used for other types of characters, such as Jedi's for training droids, and other categories of characters for gear or shard rewards.

2. Movie-based events/challenges. Re-create iconic scenes from the Star Wars movies by offering special events, weekly, twice weekly, etc. that offer players a chance to play out their favorite movie battles: play as yoda against darth sidious, darth Maul against qui gon and Obi-wan, dooku vs. anakin, clones vs. droids, Vader vs. old Ben, Rey vs. Kylo ren, the list is literally endless. These events would require one or more of the special characters involved in the movie scene, and potentially allow us to battle both sides if we have the characters unlocked. The difficulty and rewards would be based on the power of the character that the user possesses.

These are just 2 ideas I have decided to write but I have many more ideas as well. I hope you can use a little bit of your creative development skills to really improve on the gameplay aspect of the game, and maybe do something similar to these things that I have suggested. Thank you for reading!

Replies

• DrakenSWGOH
    13 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This would also promote character variety instead of just the current meta +1
    Post edited by DrakenSWGOH on
  • Options
    Now that you say it, I find it hard to believe that there isn't already a "movie mode" in the game where we play battles based off of iconic scenes from the movies. Sure, there are iconic backgrounds, but that's just not good enough at this point. +1
  • Jodbel14
    70 posts Member
    Options
    PhilG1...I couldn't agree with you more! +1111
    "I'm no one." Rey
  • Options
    +1