How would you fight my team

Eaywen
422 posts Member
Just wondering the strategy you would use when faced in pvp so I can analyze things better. My leader is 7* phasma, 6 star ahsoka, 7 star asajj, 6 star kylo, 5 star dookucomprise the rest. All level 60 max gear.

Replies

• Options
    Kill assaj first, then ashoka, phasma, kylo, then dooku.
  • Ilza
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Your damage comes from Ahsoka, Ventress and Kylo. I would start by targeting Ahsoka likely killing her before she can attack since she's so slow. Next target would be Ventress turn two since none of them have a very high health. Lumi would likely go for ability block on Kylo or Phasma turn 1 to limit your damage output and if she lives long enough to heal turn 2 I know I won.
  • Options
    I'd do it slightly different because of Ashoka (critical chance)

1. Ashoka
    2. Assaj
    3. Phasma
    4. Kylo
    5. Dooku
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    I would press autoattack. I know that sounds rude, but its just a direct and honest answer.
    Kylo may be First Order, but he really only fits on an all AoE team (sid, maul, boba, lando, etc). Currently he is bringing your team down. I could argue that Ventress and Dooku are also hurting you, as both of these characters are useful in unique situations only. For example, you need to go first and you need to debilitate one of the enemy units on the first action (e.g. Poe), then subbing in Dooku could benifit your team. Similarly, if you need to be able to remove a buff from the enemy (e.g. if they are beating you because of a Poggle buff), subbing in Ventress could help you win. In both cases, these heroes should he thought of more as augments to the team subbed in when necessary, and not as core.
    Ashoka is rather mediocre at best. Her damage output is less than Luminara and JC, and her team heal is chance instead of certain.

You do have a strong group of heroes, but you lack synergy. HTH

-Pilot
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    I run phasma, poe, ewok elder, rey, and leia. I also sub in fotp for EE sometimes. I'd kill asajj round 1, then focus down dooku, after that it doesn't matter much, you're pretty screwed. Alternatively I might use han instead of Poe here, but I don't see it making a difference either way.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm kinda surprised to see my team getting dissmissed as it is honestly. I never fall below top 25 since week like 2 and come in top 5 everyday for a week. The only main change I was considering was getting akbar to replace someone and I was thinking dooku since he will hit 7 2 months before he gets there. Though I have been feeling ahsoka was a bit mehfull while I feel her hits aren't That great her critical rate seems awesome. She should be like 10 faster and have 5% more dodge or something I dunno. I also tend to be anti popular/fotm/meta.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Not sure if your line up possesses the threat to take out an hero in Round 1. Coupled with the fact that most of your team is quite slow, high-level players should have little problem dispatching your team. Your team controlled by the A.I would most likely try to stun an hero with Dooku, Phasma would then cast her AOE slow (but unlikely as I would neutralise her with Lumi's ability block), Kylo and Asajj would follow up with their AOEs and Ashoka rounds out with her special (or Ashoka could go before Asajj). A lot of damage, but probably not enough to kill an hero. Given Lumi is currently almost a given in many teams, she would nullify most of that damage with her heal in Round 2 and your team just wasted a whole round worth of effort.

You should consider substituting Ashoka with Lumi as she hits harder, faster, heals better and can do ability block or with Poggle (or Leia) to make your AOE attacks more dangerous. I would prefer keeping Dooku over Ashoka because he acts quicker and offers more versatility with his stun and 100% retaliations.
  • Options
    Not really a scary team at all. I'd just wing it, and not strategize.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Options
    Don't listen to the naysayers, if that group's done good by you then it's a good group. It's got a lot of DPS potential, that's for sure.

If I was using an AOE centric squad, I'd burn dooku first then asajj. Otherwise it would be asajj then dooku.
  • Options
    Don't listen to the naysayers, if that group's done good by you then it's a good group. It's got a lot of DPS potential, that's for sure.

If I was using an AOE centric squad, I'd burn dooku first then asajj. Otherwise it would be asajj then dooku.

Some people were perhaps too blunt in their responses, but I think the underlying message is the same: Individually good, but not great collectively.

I am sure you are doing well when you are controlling your team and given your heroes are 6,7 stars. But it could be a lot better is all I am saying - especially given you seem to have the resources to acquire and level up heroes quickly. Seriously, consider substituting Ashoka with Poggle or Leia (which I am assuming you have either one of them given your hero star levels). I would feel a lot more uneasy than the same team with Ashoka.
  • Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

Some people were perhaps too blunt in their responses, but I think the underlying message is the same: Individually good, but not great collectively.

I am sure you are doing well when you are controlling your team and given your heroes are 6,7 stars. But it could be a lot better is all I am saying - especially given you seem to have the resources to acquire and level up heroes quickly. Seriously, consider substituting Ashoka with Poggle or Leia (which I am assuming you have either one of them given your hero star levels). I would feel a lot more uneasy than the same team with Ashoka.

I'm sure on offense this team is fine, but on defense, it's just not a threat at all, that was my point.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Options
    People don't respect Asajj as much as they should, between that high damage Aoe and her heal that clears buffs she can turn tides. :/

I would kill her first then just go after whoever had the lowest health after the first round.

• Options
    My current team is similar.

5* Phasma (Leader)
    6* Old Daka
    7* Ventress
    7* Kylo
    7* Luminara

It's a transitional team until I can get my droid squad up and running. It does ok on offense, Ventress is useful in my server top 10 because there are a few Poe's and Han's and Poggles.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Toolio wrote: »
    My current team is similar.

5* Phasma (Leader)
    6* Old Daka
    7* Ventress
    7* Kylo
    7* Luminara

It's a transitional team until I can get my droid squad up and running. It does ok on offense, Ventress is useful in my server top 10 because there are a few Poe's and Han's and Poggles.

Similar, but better IMHO.

Lumi >>>>> Ashoka: Enough said. Plus, Lumi's ability to burst damage an hero early with her special means Asajj's subsequent AOE damage has a greater chance of killing him/her and refreshing the cool down

6* Old Daka > 5* Dooku: Dooku is a tad faster and will end up having more turns with his turn meter increase per retaliations, but Daka is equally fast and provides healing and chance to revive. Both are squishy, but higher star level obviously means Daka has a little bit more HP than Dooku
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Ventress would be my first target normally, because of her buff whenever anyone dies and the fact she will negate any buffs I have on my team.

Ahsoka would be quickly followed because of her ability to heal herself and potentially her team... Killing her after any other three unnecceassarily prolongs the fights more than it needs to if she does proc a few heals here and there...

Then it's kinda between Kylo or Dooku, doesn't matter which really... If I am jedi heavy on my team then Dooku will be targetted before Kylo as Dooku will end up stunning a lot of my Jedi team.. Otherwise as I said doesn't matter which

Phasma is usually left last cause even if you kill her early her leadership ability will still be active after she is downed and doesn't pose as much a threat as Dooku or Kylo
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!