Gear X Luke is My Favorite -- Now Gear XI!

2Next

Replies

• WhiskeyPug
    338 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the video, I've always been a fan of Luke and he is a solid player. The issue is when you start talking "meta" then he falls out of the conversation. When you talk meta rebel team, you have ackbar, Leia, st Han, HRS and..... I'd say lando but sure, Luke could be a close second. Solid B+ toon though, without a doubt
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Luke performs good in raids. Here are the damage from one attempt in Raid Phase 1 T6 :

Akbar 18372
    Leia 133530
    Luke 112889
    Qui-Gon Jinn 42925
    Yoda 37537
    Total 392288

Luke was Gear XI, others were Gear IX
  • Options
    out of curiosity, I posted a thread trying to decide btwn luke or hrscout (team would be ackbar, sth, leia, and wedge (very useful in raids for defense down).

so i guess or raids, anybody have a definite luke vs hrscout opinion? this would mainly be for tier 6, can decide if trying to debuff is even worth or or just focus on toons that inc their own tm in stead (ie luke vs hrscout)
  • Options
    OMG. I have Luke! I want to Omega him too!
  • Options
    out of curiosity, I posted a thread trying to decide btwn luke or hrscout (team would be ackbar, sth, leia, and wedge (very useful in raids for defense down).

so i guess or raids, anybody have a definite luke vs hrscout opinion? this would mainly be for tier 6, can decide if trying to debuff is even worth or or just focus on toons that inc their own tm in stead (ie luke vs hrscout)

Hmm, what about adding both Luke and HRS and dropping STH?
  • Leapster
    124 posts Member
    Options
    I'm running a very similar team.
    Ackbar(L)
    Luke
    Leia
    Hoth Rebel Scout
    STH

This team is a beast. I want to fit in Biggs or Lando somehow but I can't decide at all who to swap them out for if at all. Wedge just doesn't feel near as good as any of the other options, so I have left him out completely.

• Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    If you run Luke, Leia and STHan (Pre RoJ Han) in the same team there's a 20% chance they all succumb to "love triangle" and you lose immediately.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Replace StHan with HRSol
  • Options
    I didnt want to replace sth w/ either luke/hrscout bc sth taunt triggers ackbars lead ability and sth definitely gives the whole team tm vs hrscout which only has a chance too. I realize most folks have qgj or another dispell, but at least for raids and triggering ackbar (and a few hits if there qgj has just used an attack), sth helps before he dies

also, I want to include a high dps rebel so that when ackbar leader triggers, more dps options to reduce the chance that low dps (ie ackbar who has to be there) will not be the attack that triggers

also, wedge is ptp, but good potency and usually lands the debuff in raids. once the debuff lands, his basic actually is quite nice. this is for t5, not sure how likely debuffs will land when we get to t6.
  • Options
    also, to 9r33d0, hrsol would be great ... no energy to restart farming a 1 node toon ... did that w/ rey when i started playing december... no energy to wait 3 months :)
  • Options
    Here he is in all his maxed glory (minus the last Omega upgrade)
    hMxSnJV.png
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't every toon good that goes to gear 11?
  • chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    Options
    I have seen a couple g11 Lukes popping up in the top 10 lately. Haven't faced one yet though. Usually top teams that run AA lead have Leia as the only rebel. If you haven't a team like that yet, find one and try it out and you will see why.
  • Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    I have seen a couple g11 Lukes popping up in the top 10 lately. Haven't faced one yet though. Usually top teams that run AA lead have Leia as the only rebel. If you haven't a team like that yet, find one and try it out and you will see why.

Oh, I know exactly why they would run only Leia with Ackbar lead. I don't have Leia though, so have her brother instead! When I'm finally done with my Rebels and have run them for a while, I will start trying out mixed faction squads like everyone else runs. Probably put in RG in place of Biggs.
  • Erelas
    21 posts Member
    Options
    This makes me wonder how they'll create the skill base for either the Episode V Luke that we currently can fight against in-game, or anytime later? I can't imagine they'll avoid making Luke Skywalker as a Jedi...
    "Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled... but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love... that's what they should teach you to beware. But love itself will save you... not condemn you."
    ―Jolee Bindo, to Revan