Ewoks advice

I'm building a ewoks team for raiding. Should I be using chief chirpa or teeboth leaf? Also I'm thinking of running Chewie as my fifth for the extra tm reduction, taunt, and self heal. I'm curious what other people are using.

Replies

• Options
    Chirpa. Stealth won't stop a deathmark. And Teebo stealth is currently bugged.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Def chirps for lead

I run them in raid with RG which works well, clone sarge works too, but the best synergy is QGJ. He gives you a second taunt remover, double turn meter gain on basic, assist caller and if omega turn meter reduction on basic.

Now he is also a great leader if you have Jedi or run a multiple assist team for raids so it might be hard to remove him from other teams.

Also GS would work well as would any assist caller like 87, TR, Biggs or turn meter toons like HRS or Phas.

Edit: I like RG for his stun in phase 1 and slow on Rancor in other phases. My guild doesn't do tier 6 or 7 so not sure if he's useful there, I'd try one of the others with turn meter manip... Also I forgot to mention Leia who gains super TM with chirp and her omega basic
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Imbicatus
    255 posts Member
    Options
    Hoth Rebel Scout also works great. You can expose the rancor and get TM on basic.
  • Options
    I do better with teebo lead than chirpa on tier V raid (I have only tried teebo lead on VI raid so I dont have a comparison there). I have found that teebo is stealthed more often when he is lead, therefore you get more TM manipulation, which is important. That said, the difference IS slight, and I dont have statistical data to prove one way or another which is better.

As for the fifth member, I do better with high dps on tier V (rey, qgj, etc.) and prefer a stunner on tier VI (daka, rg, etc). I think daka is better for multiple stun, and to revive the squishy elder should he fall. Once elder is down, it will soon be over.

My ewoks are 6* and gear VIII except teebo who is 7*. To get extreme damage on tier V, elder needs to have enough hp to withstand an attack from an enraged pig...which he does not have at 6* gear VIII. As a result, my best has been about 580k on tier V.

Hope this helps.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    I have maxed level 80 ewoks and gear 9 all four.

They are great for tier 5 raid.

Decent for tier 6

Pointless for heroic tier. You heard it here first. Don't be sad when you find this out yourself.

Heroic is just dps. Ewoks minimal dps. Sad Ewok owner.
  • Options
    I run Rey as my fifth spot on my ewok team which probably sounds weird but she brings the damage. She stays alive forever too on my ewok team because:
    - She has forsight
    - Elder's heal removes deathmark
    - Elder revives (especially since no toon ever dies with deathmark)
    - Chirpa's heal over time applies to her as well as ewoks

I also love that she get's Chirpa's speed buff as well.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    Pointless for heroic tier. You heard it here first. Don't be sad when you find this out yourself.

Heroic is just dps. Ewoks minimal dps. Sad Ewok owner.

Have you tried them on a Rancor phase when they can put down a door? I usually run them in ph3 at the beginning and can squeeze out 130k with elder and scout still at g8 and not all abilities maxed.

I recommend Chirpa lead, because he adds both turn meter as well as a buff on basic attacks and I prefer that over having everyone but elder stealthed at some point. As 5th I always run them with ST Han now just to get some extra turns in. In t6 I used RG along with them because of his reliable stun and damage absorbtion though I could see Daka also doing well alongside them.

• Wadlinq
    100 posts Member
    Options
    KeKattia wrote: »
    Have you tried them on a Rancor phase when they can put down a door? I usually run them in ph3 at the beginning and can squeeze out 130k with elder and scout still at g8 and not all abilities maxed.

Even so, their DPS won't compare to other teams running high-DPS attackers such as Rey/GS/QGJ etc. They get many turns, but Ewoks are more of a sustain team than a quick dPs-team and Heroic is all about as much damage as quickly as possible. They work really well in the lower tiers, because they can sustain themselves with a lot of TM manipulation, this does not work at all in heroic.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Wadlinq wrote: »
    Even so, their DPS won't compare to other teams running high-DPS attackers such as Rey/GS/QGJ etc. They get many turns, but Ewoks are more of a sustain team than a quick dPs-team and Heroic is all about as much damage as quickly as possible. They work really well in the lower tiers, because they can sustain themselves with a lot of TM manipulation, this does not work at all in heroic.

That is partially true, but right now they are my second or third best team, depending on whether I get to escape Rey or some other DPS so I would argue they are still worth it if one doesn't have enough other 7*s. I use them when I know I can get the door down, because then I can hit the beast between 15 and 30 times, depending on RNG. And that amounts to a nice damage for a non-a-team
  • Options
    Use chewie. He is a grown up ewok
  • Options
    For Raids P1 I used Teebo lead + Elder for T6. Scout was meh and I'm still working on Chirpa - but Teebo lead + QGJ = great TM domination.

For Heroic the only Ewok I use is Ewok Elder - he dispels deathmark and revives the team. I scored 517K+ in one go on P1 Heroic because Elder kept my DPSers alive. I've been farming Elder since November and I had no idea how much it was going to pay off!

As far as Chewie - I don't have him leveled but I would say his TM% is unreliable.
  • Wadlinq
    100 posts Member
    Options
    KeKattia wrote: »
    That is partially true, but right now they are my second or third best team, depending on whether I get to escape Rey or some other DPS so I would argue they are still worth it if one doesn't have enough other 7*s. I use them when I know I can get the door down, because then I can hit the beast between 15 and 30 times, depending on RNG. And that amounts to a nice damage for a non-a-team

Ohh absolutely, I might have been to harsh. They still have synergy and gets plenty of turns even in Heroic, my point was, they don't shine as much as in earlier tiers and they, at least in my experience, cannot compete with the DPS of other compositions.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Wadlinq wrote: »
    Ohh absolutely, I might have been to harsh. They still have synergy and gets plenty of turns even in Heroic, my point was, they don't shine as much as in earlier tiers and they, at least in my experience, cannot compete with the DPS of other compositions.

You are right there and if I had more DPS adequately geared they would probably fall out but for now I love to run them and they do their job, so I might also be a bit biased about their usefulness