XP gain at level cap

Prev1
Nebulous
1476 posts Member
edited May 2016
I feel I am in the majority who share this same opinion.

I know there are already threads with the same thought. However, there have been 3 iterations of a hard level cap and we are still awarded xp for dailies. There is no overfill pool that banks the xp for use on the next level increase. This makes the xp reward antiquated and just overall useless at max level.

Let make this useful to those at level cap. What I, and others, would like to see is the conversion of xp into credits. The conversion rate that I'd like to see is based off the 10 cantina energy nodes.

The break down is 10 energy cantina node awards 10 xp and 2500 credits. This equates to 250 credit per xp. We gain 900 xp from our dailies, but the 125 xp reward is already converted into great rewards. Leaving us 775 xp going to waste. Using the conversion rate above, we would gain 193,750 a day if completing all dailies. At the end of the week, it's a modest 1.3million. It is probably too much to ask for and likely we would get nothing. But here's to hoping.
Post edited by Nebulous on

Replies

• Options
    Even less would be better than nothing imo :)
  • Options
    59224428.jpg
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    59224428.jpg

But it shouldn't be this way.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Even less would be better than nothing imo :)

And yes. I'd even take the 32 credits per xp gained from the very first node of normal energy.
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    Options
    In a week, you get 7 omegas stuff at lvl80. You mean you want those omegas AND credits ? Hem ...
  • Options
    Max level when most are not? Not enough. Omega mats when most can't get? Not enough.

Nothing is ever enough.

PS - Welcome to the minimal curse of max level in every game, like, ever.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    No offense but 1 Omega/day seems very low. 15 days to Omega Rey? Lol. Whales don't have time for that, they need to farm it somewhere. All of us do. There i think i managed to not attack whales this time. Are you happy @AaylaTralala? :)
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    It's been discussed before. But ye we should get credits for wasted exp at level cap. That way buying energy don't feel like a waste when we don't get that gearpart or shard we aim for, but we get credits !!!
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    No offense but 1 Omega/day seems very low. 15 days to Omega Rey? Lol. Whales don't have time for that, they need to farm it somewhere. All of us do. There i think i managed to not attack whales this time. Are you happy @AaylaTralala? :)

15 days is the time you'll need to get the two unobtainables gears you'll need to get her at max gear, so it does make sense. It's too slow I think, but it's kinda logical.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Max level when most are not? Not enough. Omega mats when most can't get? Not enough.

Nothing is ever enough.

PS - Welcome to the minimal curse of max level in every game, like, ever.

But why keep it as a reward? That doesn't make sense. And trust me, when more people do hit max level, which won't be that long from now, they will want something.

I suppose ea could just take it away from the rewards.
    Post edited by Nebulous on
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Dev_Str wrote: »
    In a week, you get 7 omegas stuff at lvl80. You mean you want those omegas AND credits ? Hem ...

Rewarding xp at level cap is silly irrespective of giving me omegas as the final reward.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Won't work because of hoarding. Many will just sit on a huge pile of excess XP instead of converting it, and then when EA/CG raises the cap to 90 they'll use it to jump to 90 in one day. Then people will **** and moan about guys in arena getting 10 levels higher than them in one day, etc etc. You think the whining about pre-craft was bad (caveat...I didn't pre-craft and don't give a rats ****)?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    mel wrote: »
    Won't work because of hoarding. Many will just sit on a huge pile of excess XP instead of converting it, and then when EA/CG raises the cap to 90 they'll use it to jump to 90 in one day. Then people will **** and moan about guys in arena getting 10 levels higher than them in one day, etc etc. You think the whining about pre-craft was bad (caveat...I didn't pre-craft and don't give a rats ****)?

I don't want it bankable. I want ea to either take away the Xp as a reward when hitting level cap or convert it to credits instead. Ideally, it's credits.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    When you hit the lvl cap, your need for credits actually goes down. You already have some characters maxed so there's less of a credit crunch compared to earlier levels when you're working on everyone. So you are giving the top paying players even more ability to outclass the ones below, just trying to catch up.

I agree that getting something for the xp would be nice, but giving even more credits to just those at lvl 80 will cause some serious imbalance amongst players.

Maybe it could be converted into a new metric, something you had to save up to unlock a top level challenge or something. A super raid only accessible to lvl 80s that was super hard, nearly impossible to beat.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    When you hit the lvl cap, your need for credits actually goes down. You already have some characters maxed so there's less of a credit crunch compared to earlier levels when you're working on everyone. So you are giving the top paying players even more ability to outclass the ones below, just trying to catch up.

I agree that getting something for the xp would be nice, but giving even more credits to just those at lvl 80 will cause some serious imbalance amongst players.

Maybe it could be converted into a new metric, something you had to save up to unlock a top level challenge or something. A super raid only accessible to lvl 80s that was super hard, nearly impossible to beat.

Character leveling is still quite expensive to go from 70-80. So if a player is f2p to moderate (200 or fewer dollars), it's still a challenge to get many characters max level.

Those who hit 80 are already at an advantage with the omegas. I can see your point about the gap becoming a chasm if they earned credits too.

I'd be okay with anything really. It just seems counterintuitive to still have xp as a reward when capped.

• ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

Character leveling is still quite expensive to go from 70-80. So if a player is f2p to moderate (200 or fewer dollars), it's still a challenge to get many characters max level.

Those who hit 80 are already at an advantage with the omegas. I can see your point about the gap becoming a chasm if they earned credits too.

I'd be okay with anything really. It just seems counterintuitive to still have xp as a reward when capped.

I feel like The game has tried to make up for the cap in different ways. The omega event, for example.
    I sat at lvl 70 for about a month. I was able to work on leveling a decent roster of toons, so the omega event was a breeze for me and I ended up with 15 omegas. Not everyone was able to do that.

I just argued with some kid that felt it was unfair that not everyone gets the omega event because it was a 1 time deal, but those 15 omega were a nice consultation prize in place of the fact that without the cap, I would have been at least lvl 75 or more and all that xp I earned just disappeared. So I get what you're saying. Hopefully there will be something more substantial when we all hit the lvl cap this time.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Converting XP to credits is a great idea. Your conversion rate may be as too generous as the credit crunch is meant to get you to spend money. I could see them doing that credit exchange at 50% of what you proposed.

Most of us would spent those credits powering up characters or buying and leveling up new characters.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me
  • Options
    +1

They really should have some conversion for XP at the cap. Seems easy to implement and would help midagate the credit crunch at higher levels.
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Other games like the simpsons when you reach max level you re level again for donuts.
    So why can't we re level for crystals?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    My op is pie in the sky for credits. But i do believe that XP should be dropped and additional credits should take its place.
  • WhiskeyPug
    338 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Who wouldn't want an do conversion, currently it's useless at 80. They could just remove the xp at 80 but don't think that would make anyone happy. If they just made it so you get an energy refresh when you would level to lvl (81) and just reset again to 80 I'd be happy with that. Overall it doesn't bug me much, I'd rather them properly scale GW and nodes
  • FakeRobbo
    179 posts Member
    Options
    At least turn that spare xp into some kind of currency so we can spend it on something!
  • Riper
    13 posts Member
    Options
    turn in to plain credits
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

^ this
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

^ this

His post is flawed and clearly you added a lot. Being at the level cap already provides omegas. So if you think credits will make it imbalanced, you are mistaken. People should want to be level capped as quickly as is reasonable for that player.

Leveling up toons and starring up toons costs even more at level cap since you can max level each toon. I get that under level 60, it's rather cheap to level up characters. But not from 61-80.

Xp at level cap as a reward from activities and quests is silly, irrespective of your brilliant addition to the thread.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

^ this

His post is flawed and clearly you added a lot. Being at the level cap already provides omegas. So if you think credits will make it imbalanced, you are mistaken. People should want to be level capped as quickly as is reasonable for that player.

Leveling up toons and starring up toons costs even more at level cap since you can max level each toon. I get that under level 60, it's rather cheap to level up characters. But not from 61-80.

Xp at level cap as a reward from activities and quests is silly, irrespective of your brilliant addition to the thread.

Since i agree with his post i obviously dont think its flawed. Also i obviously do think that the credits will bring imbalance, the fact that it already provides omegas makes it even more imbalanced if you ALSO give extra credits. I dont see how the fact that the omega's are worth more than the extra credits you suggest is an argument in favour of it NOT bringing imbalance, yet you call my addition sarcastically brilliant.
    I agree that people should reach the lvl cap as quickly as possible, mainly because of the omega's and the character lvl/power. + once you hit the lvl cap you can broaden your roster.

Now, reason why you need less credits at level cap. Whilst leveling up maintaining your arena/gw/raid teams at highest possible lvl is expensive. This will result in you not being able to upgrade every owned character to max possible lvl. The increasing prices force you to have less and less characters at max possible level. Once you hit the lvl cap these costs stop, so the credits needed to maintain your essential characters can be used elsewhere. You can always use extra credits, at any lvl and at the lvl cap, the big difference is that at the lvl cap you dont have essential credit costs. You can use them where ever you like without sacrificing your arena team, because they are allready maxed. So you dont NEED as much credits as before, but you can always USE credits. So why do you think you need more credits at the lvl cap? for all the characters you didnt have the credits to lvl/* up before you reached the lvl cap? hmm..

I agree that handing out XP as a reward is pretty weird because it does nothing. I just choose to ignore it. I value the benefits of the lvl cap way more than the lost/useless XP. What's the point of having a lvl cap if it is more rewarding to be on the lvl cap than trying to reach the lvl cap? It gives the possibility for players to catch up, handing out even more rewards than omega's will negate that even further.

so basically what @ChefHaze said, maybe now you see it isnt flawed.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

^ this

Since i agree with his post i obviously dont think its flawed. Also i obviously do think that the credits will bring imbalance, the fact that it already provides omegas makes it even more imbalanced if you ALSO give extra credits. I dont see how the fact that the omega's are worth more than the extra credits you suggest is an argument in favour of it NOT bringing imbalance, yet you call my addition sarcastically brilliant.
    I agree that people should reach the lvl cap as quickly as possible, mainly because of the omega's and the character lvl/power. + once you hit the lvl cap you can broaden your roster.

Now, reason why you need less credits at level cap. Whilst leveling up maintaining your arena/gw/raid teams at highest possible lvl is expensive. This will result in you not being able to upgrade every owned character to max possible lvl. The increasing prices force you to have less and less characters at max possible level. Once you hit the lvl cap these costs stop, so the credits needed to maintain your essential characters can be used elsewhere. You can always use extra credits, at any lvl and at the lvl cap, the big difference is that at the lvl cap you dont have essential credit costs. You can use them where ever you like without sacrificing your arena team, because they are allready maxed. So you dont NEED as much credits as before, but you can always USE credits. So why do you think you need more credits at the lvl cap? for all the characters you didnt have the credits to lvl/* up before you reached the lvl cap? hmm..

I agree that handing out XP as a reward is pretty weird because it does nothing. I just choose to ignore it. I value the benefits of the lvl cap way more than the lost/useless XP. What's the point of having a lvl cap if it is more rewarding to be on the lvl cap than trying to reach the lvl cap? It gives the possibility for players to catch up, handing out even more rewards than omega's will negate that even further.

so basically what @ChefHaze said, maybe now you see it isnt flawed.

What I meant was that omegas are already the "imbalance" at level cap. Credits don't do anything about imbalance other then being able to star up and level up more toons. I don't see how this is an imbalance.

As you brought up, my necessary squad is already leveling as I have been leveling. So the credits in exchange would help with making more characters usable at highest levels. The cost to level is exponential at the top, but credit rewards don't scale the same. I Don't see why it's a bad thing to have more playable toons.

For example, A lot of players use Sid and lumi as they begin because they are good early to mid game play. But they are not so solid towards the end. So they are wasted resources during the leveling process. It's almost a punishment to max characters that aren't competitive while leveling. To level a character from 1 star and level 1 costs about 7 million credits. That is tough to rebound from when the credits are spent.

I just don't see how gating character levels and staring cost is necessary. Gear, skill materials and shards are more than enough to put the brakes on character progression.

Awarding me xp at level cap is wrong. Credits seen like the best replacement when we look at what hinders character progression and is the least likely to cause overpowered players.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @Nebulous all fair points. But only giving extra credits to players who reached lvl 80 isnt the solution.

as far as least likely to cause overpowerd players, i disagree. With the current raid system having a deep roster is most definetely a plus.
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Dev_Str wrote: »

You will too, and you will too :smile: