Defensive Droid Squad

Bangs_yabish1
73 posts Member
edited May 2016
Hey guys, just wanted your opinion on my droid squad for its last battle of the day.

I'm currently running :

( All 7*)
HK 47 (L) Gear 8
IG 88 Gear 9
IG 86 Gear 8
Poggle Gear 8
Daka Gear 8 + omeg basic

I've just ranked up my St Han to the level and wanted to introduce him to the team but who should he replace.

I'm thinking either Daka or Poggle. What are your thoughts?

Cheers

Replies

• Options
    I'd replace Daka, then replace Poggle with JE. JE is awesome in my droid team.
  • Options
    Yeah that's what I was thinking as well, thanks for the input.
  • Options
    Hk lead (omega leader ability asap) ig86, ig100 magna, Jawa Engineer, St Han.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Bangs_yabish1
    73 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks @JinSaotome. would that be for a defensive team though? Because IG86 hits like a freight train. I'm on my way to getting jawa engineer. IG 100 is gonna take a while though.
  • Options
    Ig100 has the massive health and counters, st han for turn meter and hk for turn meter. You could sub in Royal guard for a foolproof taunt. The way hk's omega lead ability works is your offense is defense. If every droid takes 2+ turns (and ig100 countering takes even more) you should be good. I'll have to test it tho
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    I pretty much run the same team with HK's leader ability, both 86 and 88, with st Han. It really goes from just your typical droid synergy to a droid/turn meter synergy and there is a big difference..

My last person is phasma though. Hk's leader ability combined with Phasma victory march means HK's AOE is getting 5 criticals (150% turn meter) not to mention adding all those lovely dots for 88's AOE to pick up bonus damage as well as getting 150% turn meter. You got two toons that take two turns back to back. Then 86's crit assist can pretty much wipe out glass cannons by itself.
    Han's turn meter taunt goes really well with Phasma's AOE speed down as well.

Surprised I don't see more ppl do this team.. but maybe i'm just biased.. :smile:
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Options
    It's because Jawa Engineer is way better than Phasma and you only have 1 Slot left for Tanks (RG, Han), Droids (IG100, GG) or stuff like Poggle, Phasma etc.
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Defensive droid squad? Isn't that an oxymoron? :smile:

Not sure I get why ST Han would be so good with droids. Han himself is not very tanky, so it's not like putting him in is going to increase the defensiveness of your team. And if you're putting him in to boost DPS through turn meter, I'd still think Poggle is a better DPS boost as he gives Speed Up anyway (on top of Offense Up). This is especially true because once you dispel Han's taunt (and most people have at least one dispeller these days, usually QGJ) he becomes mostly useless.

To me, assuming JE is as good as everyone says it is, the best droid squad is HK(L), 88, 86, Poggle, and JE. You could I guess consider swapping 100 in for Poggle, but there's so much ridiculous synergy in that squad and some unreal damage.
  • Options
    The problem with Droid teams with Poggle and JE is that Poggle always goes last (JE's TM boost only works on Jawas and Droids). I'm using Sun Fac (6*, G8), but and taunter works well. RG is nice since all tanks go last on this team, so you can't get the taunt off to protect JE (especially if they have OB with his crazy TM gain).
  • Options
    STHan is great for offense, but a defensive team, not so much. RG is much better. Poggle is a no go on a JE team because he isn't affected by the speed bonuses so you lose his buff and all the damage he brings with it. I run 47-88-86-JE-STHan on offense(sometimes RG if i am against a speedy team) and my last battle i drop JE and add RG so i have 2 tanks. I find i drop from top 5 down to 20 or so. Leaving my team with JE in it, i drop into the 40-60 range. Having a 5 star JE in your team is a giant target on your back overnight.