Nobody helps me, but here's another try

ThatOneGuy
61 posts Member
edited May 2016
My arena team keeps falling fast every time I'm not using them. I need help to figure out who to replace who with. So I only fall 10-15 slots instead of 50-200. I get into the top 150 but fall to the 250 mark when I'm sleeping.

Lumi (L) 7* gear 8 level 78
Qui-Gon Jinn 7* gear 8 level 78
IG-86 7* gear 8 level 75
Fives 6* gear 8 level 70
Rey 6* gear 8 level 70

Replies

• X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Options
    What other 6/7*'s do you have on your roster?

The obvious reasons why you will be getting targetted more is your low level/starred 5's and Rey.
  • Options
    Teams that are good on defense tend to have some protection for their dps characters. When I attack your team I can pick of Rey, Qgj, Ig86, Lumi, Fives in that order.
    So I suggest adding a taunter like RG or St Han. And a better evasion leader than lumi, dooku or Old Ben give more evade and they add turn meter or offense up when you evade.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I am using what people are mistaken as 'meta' Old Ben lead Daka RG Rey QGJ and i dropped more than 26 places last night. Neither of those characters except maybe Fives, is meta. But he is been 'nerfed' or 'de-bugged' or whatever you want to call it, so i dunno. If you want meta and drop the least places assemble a team out of these: Aayla Secura, Sun Fac, Leia, Kit Fisto, Ima Gun di, Rex, RG, Phasma...I think i am missing some but these are the 'defensive meta' characters. Or you can just enjoy the game and play what you want. In your team, IG-86 and Luminara have no synergy, so that makes you a target. QGJ is not good in defense and neither is Rey. These are offensive characters that do best in offense.
  • Options
    1. Fives and Rey are level 70 and only six stars. I would not hesitate to attack that team. They don't intimidate me at all.
    2. Gear 8: Not very scary.
    3. If an opponent has Lumi on any position I attack them at once. That's a wasted spot on defense in my opinion.
    4. IG86 doesn't fit in that team. Currently he's only good with a team consisting of other droids and/or jawas and/or a good tank.
    5. Fives was fixed/nerfed (depending on who you ask) yesterday.

I hope this helps a little bit.
  • Options
    my 7 stars are:
    Tusken Shaman level 70
    Tusken Raider level 70
    Teebo level 70
    Savage Opress level 70
    Poggle level 70
    Old Ben level 78
    Jedi Consular level 78
    IG-88 level 70
    Yoda level 70
    Barriss level 78

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I suggest you level up / gear up and leave this as your defense: Teebo lead, Barris, Savage, Fives, Old Ben. You can try Barris/Old Ben lead instead and see what you come up with. But i think you will drop a lot less places running these in defense.
  • Options
    I'm not looking to take the #1 spot, I just want to stay in the top 100 for the 100 gems prize for farming.
  • Options
    Who you farming in cantina? I am not a fan of IG-86 in non droid teams, in my opinion Geonosian Soldier is a better pick. Need a better leader in my opinion.

The arena rank you fall into allows for huge rank drops when defeated by an attacking opponent.
    Bye Forums.
  • Options
    You have no tank/taunt. On defence there's nothing the AI can do to stop your opponent picking off your damage-dealers asap and in the order they prefer.
  • Options
    In the Cantina I've been farming 5's and Daka. 10 shards away from 7* 5's and 23/85 for Daka
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    ThatOneGuy wrote: »
    In the Cantina I've been farming 5's and Daka. 10 shards away from 7* 5's and 23/85 for Daka

Did you read what i suggested or...
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yea basically you have no protection for your glass cannons and are making yourself a target for an easy 30 second auto battle.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Options
    What star and gear lvl do you have RG at? do you have any other tanks?
  • Options
    Look at how many ranks you can move up per battle. 10-15 ranks might only be a single loss at night, maybe 2. You'll likely need a top 50 team to accomplish that because of how defense works (you have to be way better than your rank to hold rank).

Others have pointed all this out, but what I see as issues are the Lumi lead, gear VIII, 6* 5's (people are afraid of gear IX and X 5's, gear VIII is a liability), and no protection.

So gearing up your 5's should be a priority if you want to use him. Even a 4*, gear VIII RG will make a big difference instead of 86. Using Ben instead of Lumi for the lead might not be a bad idea, either.

• JiangNan
    23 posts Member
    Options
    I would say use Ben lead, daka, fives, rey, and qgj for defense until you get either royal guard or st han. ST Han will be beastly in max gear lvl and good synergy with speed dps, and easy to farm from arena.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Throw Ben as lead, take 86 out and move Lumi in his spot, 86 is weak health