On Bugs and Communication

WildWest1974
628 posts Member
edited May 2016
I want everyone to think for a moment. Right now, there is a loud cry against the devs for their adjustment of Fives' Omega basic attack. One of the most common arguments, aside from the wording, is that the devs have never called it a bug before now, and the ability has been working like this for "months", so how can they call it a bug fix now?

First, the semantics. We've only had access to Omega Mats since mid April, and Fives' basic required him to be level 76 before it could be upgraded to Omega. At most, it's been in play for three weeks or so.

And, if you go back and look, there were some threads when it first got upgraded asking if it was a bug, with people divided on the interpretation. There was no definitive reply from the devs, until now. They say it was a bug fix. Some of us are crying foul. How can they possibly get away with this?

Easy. They called it a bug. In reality, that's the end of the discussion. They've given refunds for nerfs that were considered "balance adjustments", but a bug fix is their trump card.

And we've been through this before. Remember the GW Retreat button? Back when that was changed, there was a TON of rage, on both sides. And the devs labeled it a bug fix.

Since we rely on their communication, and nobody on the forum is privy to the internal discussions regrading what is or is not a bug, officially labeling something a bug fix is truly an unassailable argument. Oh, people will argue, and demand some form of compensation, but we cannot truly expect any reversal or refund.

It stinks, and we could all agree that we'd prefer much better and timely communication. But, it is pretty final. All the rage posts and arguments between users are just going to foster more negativity and rage.

I don't want to sound flippant and say just accept it and move on, but as I said, we've all been through this before. Some will quit. Some will fight. But in the end we all move on.

Thanks for listening.

Replies

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Well they don't learn from their mistakes obviously. Why does this repeat itself over and over again after weeks of silence?

People expecting it's not a bug, invest money mats and gear only to see the character got nerfed. Yes NERFED.

If you can't see the link with the release of Echo and the nerfing of Fives (cashgrab) than I understand why you are so keen on defending.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting