Omega Event Character restrictions

I am excited and happy for the coming event. I will assume character restrictions will again be in effect. I am perfectly fine with that but i believe the community deserves the right to know what they may be so they can have a chance to get/level/gear characters they may not have ready. I think a 7 day period should suffice.

Replies

• Options
    They've said its planned for a full team of level 78 7*'s. A week won't make a difference. Either you have/are working on required toons already: or not.
  • Options
    A week won't make a difference in gearing and leveling toons needed? Are you dense? If you have 2 of 3 required and the other sitting there with 7* and weak abilities/gear a week will make a massive difference.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    If they are making the event geared for full 7* squads, one of two things will be true:
    1. The character restriction will be lifted, other than a 7* requirement, making the event accessible to just about everyone
    2. The character restriction won't be lifted, as the event will be designed to ensure the whales are getting extra value for their money spent by fast-tracking to more omegas that the F2P won't have access to.

Plainly put, most F2P (and little fish) don't have deep enough benches to field several random teams of 7* characters. Maybe one, possibly two if you're really lucky.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like the restriction will be light vs dark side toons, like the LS/DS nodes
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    Options
    chrischaos wrote: »
    A week won't make a difference in gearing and leveling toons needed? Are you dense? If you have 2 of 3 required and the other sitting there with 7* and weak abilities/gear a week will make a massive difference.

Even two days would really help.
  • Options
    I'm willing to bet it will have the same character filters as last time, just more difficult.
  • Whis
    20 posts Member
    Options
    If they set the same character restrictions and up the star requirements th en it will be a whale only event. Dividing between light and dark side would make sense. Won't know til we know
  • Options
    The pics of the 2 events show empire toons on one and clones on the other. I can't remeber the last events. Would this imply we need those toons? We need to fight those toons?
  • Options
    I have a pretty decent roster and I only had 3 toons in any of the challenges
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
  • Options
    +1. Would love the extra time to make sure I can field teams for the event.
  • Options
  • Options
    If it's true then Clone Sergeant will be my demise i left him a long time ago with 1* and he's the reason i didn't finish the Jakku OE. I don't have a deep bench about 7 toons are 7* the rest are 6* and 5*.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    The character shown are who you have to defeat.

There is no * requirement.
  • Options
    If we knew that we would't spend money the day of to participate!
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    The character shown are who you have to defeat.

There is no * requirement.

That is my take. It was just stupidly easy the first time around
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    So after just having the Yoda situation result in mass outrage (moving the goalposts, providing identical rewards for increased investment), they appear to have learned absolutely nothing?

Is this seriously what's happening? The same event, just more difficult to make sure people who couldn't quite participate last time still won't be able to this time?
  • Al_Tiz
    58 posts Member
    Options
    I bet they're gonna relax the character restrictions. They want to whip everyone into a frenzy of crystal spending for 2 weekends over omegas which are inaccessible to everyone below 80, they stand to make so much money.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Its the same exact event, guys.

They increased the difficulty a bit.

If they tripled it, the event would still be a cake walk.
  • Options
    Timitok-you make assumptions based on no discernible facts. The truth is we have no idea if there is going to be character restriction. I assume there will be-same as last time. They have told us the difficulty is suited for level 78 toons-whatever that means (gear? abilities?). Asking for a clarification from the devs is perfectly reasonable considering character restriction will possibly exempt some players from the event. It is exactly the same event? Really? Even though the characters shown are different and we had different character requirements last time. You don't have to agree with the thread, but why bother commenting if you have absolutely nothing to add?