At level 80 Ewoks no help in PVP or Raids

Etevo
67 posts Member
As much as I love my Ewoks they are no match at level 80 even fully geared with Omegas. Not much good in the higher Tier raids either. We have entered the clone era.

Replies

• Options
    My level 78 Ewoks do just fine.
  • Options
    Ewoks are still pretty **** good for raid imo.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Show us video of how bad they are, please.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Top damage performers in my guild are using ewoks. It's full control, and they increase their own turn meter, which can't be resisted.

So yes, a video of how much they suck would be good to see, and then you may get some pointers of how to improve.
  • Etevo
    67 posts Member
    Options
    I can't do a video but Teebo seems to get resisted a lot. Scout hardly ever lands TM reduction. Guys I put a lot of work into gearing these guys up but they are not doing it in Tier 6 raid against the pigs. I hope I am wrong. All the videos I see of Ewoks doing well are Tier V and below. Show me one video of them Not sucking in Tier VI or higher. You will not see any Top 10 team running Ewoks in arena.
  • Awakened1130
    220 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I use Ewok Elder for phase 1 of the Heroic tier raid. He is primarily there to dispel deathmark (which some other characters can do too) but sometimes he revives while dispelling which is a super bonus. I scored 516K+ with one go at phase 1 Heroic because Elder kept my DPSers going!

Teebo worked great for T6 but not T7 - too bad.

I can't recall that my Scout ever landed a TM reduction in T6 - didn't even try for T7.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Etevo wrote: »
    As much as I love my Ewoks they are no match at level 80 even fully geared with Omegas. Not much good in the higher Tier raids either. We have entered the clone era.

What gear do you have them at? I'm finally starting to struggle against gear x leia and AA lead teams. But my Woks are gear 9 with no omegas, so I'm hopeful they will compete when I gear and omega them... If that is wishful thinking I'm a bit buggered cos its the only team i really have that can compete for first atm
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Algren wrote: »

What gear do you have them at? I'm finally starting to struggle against gear x leia and AA lead teams. But my Woks are gear 9 with no omegas, so I'm hopeful they will compete when I gear and omega them... If that is wishful thinking I'm a bit buggered cos its the only team i really have that can compete for first atm

Are you Algren TSR in game?
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    DJJ wrote: »

Ahaha, yes I am sir.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options

Ahaha, yes I am sir.

Are you DJ whose rey I steal for challenges?
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options
    I am. I've never seen anyone else from our server on these forums before. Your ewok team is fun to play against. There is starting to be a bit of variety in the ranks which is good.

Sorry to sidetrack your thread OP.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I have been using a combination of clones and ewoks. More ewoks than clones, and they have been killing it in T6 all phases. I will not share videos and numbers because then someone will just call for a nerf and call them OP

The resistance is all RNG, Its good or its bad. When you start if first 2/3 TM reductions are resisted retreat and try again. Takes all of maybe 2-5 minutes to test it.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    I am. I've never seen anyone else from our server on these forums before. Your ewok team is fun to play against. There is starting to be a bit of variety in the ranks which is good.

Love your rey, finally staring my own cos of her :,) I tend to avoid my allies when working my way up top, I don't want you to get **** and drop me and I lose rey.
    I did see earlier today at payout, there were 4 different leads in top 5, which was very cool to see. You seen the absolute **** who stole my team? Hes running the exact same team, spend all my time trying to be indie with ewoks, and not only does he go ewoks, he plays the exact team. Not happy. You managed to beat Yama yet? I've had to settle for 2nd place last two days, my team just can't kill his leia and she mows me down. One turn every four out of stealth is crazy, and RG steps in so i can't kill her in one turn

On the original topic, you gotta find a good team OP, I'm looking at putting in rey with mine, I think that will give it the dps boost to stay current a bit longer.
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options

Love your rey, finally staring my own cos of her :,) I tend to avoid my allies when working my way up top, I don't want you to get **** and drop me and I lose rey.
    I did see earlier today at payout, there were 4 different leads in top 5, which was very cool to see. You seen the absolute **** who stole my team? Hes running the exact same team, spend all my time trying to be indie with ewoks, and not only does he go ewoks, he plays the exact team. Not happy. You managed to beat Yama yet? I've had to settle for 2nd place last two days, my team just can't kill his leia and she mows me down. One turn every four out of stealth is crazy, and RG steps in so i can't kill her in one turn

On the original topic, you gotta find a good team OP, I'm looking at putting in rey with mine, I think that will give it the dps boost to stay current a bit longer.

Heh I'll respond via PM so we don't derail this.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options
    I know someone at level 80 and sits at #1. Granted he has adjusted the team a bit.
    Scout is too weak and is NOT needed. That's mistake #1. For his Level 80 Team he uses Chief Chirpa (L), Teebo, Ewok Elder, QGJ and Rey!

Run that team at Level 80 with everyone maxed and let me know how bad your team is.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I know someone at level 80 and sits at #1. Granted he has adjusted the team a bit.
    Scout is too weak and is NOT needed. That's mistake #1. For his Level 80 Team he uses Chief Chirpa (L), Teebo, Ewok Elder, QGJ and Rey!

Run that team at Level 80 with everyone maxed and let me know how bad your team is.

Very similar to what i aiming for. I've never bothered with Scout so I agree with that bit too. I think there is still hope for them, maybe not in heroic raid, they're useless, but in arena with the right accompanying toons.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. I really thought Ewoks would be equally good as any other team at end game.

But there are only 4, right? Maybe the Ewok savior is in the works. Maybe it's not even an Ewok. (3CPO?) The only problem is the amount of decision-making needed to run Ewoks, it might take a computer to run your match in 5 minutes, lol.

Against the pigs, Ackbar and ST Han can kill it. ST Han just for the TM gain. I use his taunt whenever Ackbar's TM is around 80% or less, so that Ackbar's cooldown can keep up with Deathmark. TM gain on your own team can't be resisted, so I hope this works when I get to higher tiers.

I just got Ackbar up to a useable health, and I suddently tripled my next highest guildmate on stage 1. (tier 4, only, though, lol). I had the lead with just this one team. I was used to jumping on the stage 1 grenade, since I was already winning more than my share of first place. Now I don't know if I can score lower than 1st.