Pay to Play

What's going on guys? First post here.
Just wanted to get some opinions on the absurdity of the sheer cost of literally everything in the game. If you equated this game to real life it would be akin to buying an orange for 10 bucks. There is nothing wrong with making money but at a certain point it might be even a little immoral to ask people to pay thousands of dollars to get content on a mobile game. 60 bucks can get you a brand new PS4 game but in this game it grants you a couple measly, underdeveloped characters. I've spent $100 already and I go through my collection and wonder where that got me. I am done spending money on this until I feel that Im actually getting my money's worth. The makers of this game should reward people willing to spend even a few bucks on a mobile game not **** them. Anyone else feel the same?

Replies

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    d25.gif
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, EA has lucked into a goldmine here. It's Star Wars so there is a lot of passion around the characters. It's a simple, easy to play mobile game. And it has drawn in players that have cash to throw around. I've spent way more than I should have on this game because it's easy to refresh or grab a chromium or two and the game came out in a time where I have some extra spending cash.

There are others that play the game that don't blink at tossing 200-300 or more on any given night. As long as EA has people willing to do that (and it is more than just a few), they are are going to keep putting out items at these outrageous prices.

If it came to a point where they put something out at a specific crystal cost and nobody bought it, I think they would pull the item rather than drop the price. It's just the MO they seem to be following right now.
  • Fruman_Hump
    66 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The makers will continue to squeeze every last penny out of players as long as the money continues to roll in.

Every new addition now is designed to make you spend.
  • Options
    The people that are paying those amounts are hurting the rest of us. It's funny, too because mobile content comes with no production cost outside of the original production of the content, there are infinite shards of any given character to obtain yet they are valued as if they have some actual physical value that is beyond any reason. Truly sucks big time
  • Options
    The makers will continue to squeeze every last penny out of players as long as the money continues to roll in.

And toss it the moment it doesn't, I am afraid
  • Options
    this is CG modus operandi or "Business Strategy", go and take a look to the other game Heroes OF Dragon Age, it took them more than a year to make the game feasible for low-mid spenders, before there was a high chance that a 100 or 200 USD could result on a massive frustation.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    I've spent $$$$ digits on HoDA and it's still an amazing game and with less content than sw but it's got awesome Pvp and interesting content built on dragon age lore
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    I've spent $$$$ digits on HoDA and it's still an amazing game and with less content than sw but it's got awesome Pvp and interesting content built on dragon age lore

HODA today is really good, the reward/spend ratio is very good, but it took them a lot of time to get there... a lot.
  • Options
    You can spend modestly for above average refreshes and compete at a high level. Have a plan and some patience. If that's too much to ask you probably just don't like the game.
  • Options
    Play to pay