Character Suggestion: Padme Amidala

Wolfborne
64 posts Member
edited May 2016
Padme is the wife of Anakin, mother of Luke and Leia, and grandmother of Kylo. She is a central figure to the franchise, and could be an interesting and fun character for the game. Here are some suggestions for her:

Class: Stealth Healer. Her daughter, Leia, has stealth so it would make sense for her to have it as the ability runs in the family! She also goes incognito as the handmaiden in TPM until revealed later in the movie. Padme would need to be a fast character.

Deception: basic attack with laser pistol. 50% chance to gain stealth for 2 turns. If stealthed, gives a 25% chance to stun the target for 1 turn. Upgradable to 50% chance to stun at level 8.

Handmaiden's Healing: all allies recover 50% of their max health. If Padme is stealthed, the healing becomes 100%. A stealthed heal also places a Heal Over Time on all allies for 2 rounds. The HoT starts off at 10% and can be upgraded to 24% at level 8.

Queen of the Naboo: passive leader ability. Casts a flash heal on all allies at the start of every fourth round. The heal would start off weak (5% max health at ability level 1) but gain strength as the ability is leveled up (40% at level 8).

Guarded by the Jedi: passive ability that grants Padme 30% evasion to all attacks if any of the following are in her group and alive: QGJ, Obi Wan, or Anakin.

Post edited by Wolfborne on

Replies

• Options
    Obviously the focus for the enemy would be to keep her out of stealth, and to burn down some of the opposition before the fourth round. Instead of bringing the "fotm" big guns that dominate the top tiers, players would need to strategize and deal with Padme's stealth healing. She is not OP in this setup, but if left alone she can turn the tide. I think it would be challenging and fun!
  • assassinHUN
    14 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    she is too strong... but good idea to play amidala :)
  • Wolfborne
    64 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    she is too strong...

Not really. Let me explain:

Deception would not be a hard hitting attack. It is utility to put her into stealth, but is not guaranteed to grant stealth, unlike Leia. The stun chance is on par with other toons.

Handmaiden's Healing at 50% is weaker than Barriss, Lumi or JC. Yes it is powerful ***IF*** Padme is left in stealth, but it would obviously have a long cool down. The HoT portion is on par with Lumi's.

Queen of the Naboo starts off very small and only in the end does it become very powerful. Barriss has a similar ability as leader, but it is granted every single round. 10% per round is the same thing as 40% every 4 rounds.

Guarded by the Jedi is only effective if Padme is grouped with three possible toons. If they die, she loses the benefit. Lumi has similar evasion, as does Ben, Dooku, Sid, etc.

Compared to other Light Side healers:

Lumi has a powerful force blast with a built-in ability block. Her basic attack would also be harder hitting.

JC has a force blast and can reset his cool downs to make him heal faster.

Barriss would have a ton more health and her heal can penetrate debuffs.
  • Options
    Bumping this up
  • Options
    Wolfborne wrote: »
    she is too strong...

Not really. Let me explain:

Deception would not be a hard hitting attack. It is utility to put her into stealth, but is not guaranteed to grant stealth, unlike Leia. The stun chance is on par with other toons.

Handmaiden's Healing at 50% is weaker than Barriss, Lumi or JC. Yes it is powerful ***IF*** Padme is left in stealth, but it would obviously have a long cool down. The HoT portion is on par with Lumi's.

Queen of the Naboo starts off very small and only in the end does it become very powerful. Barriss has a similar ability as leader, but it is granted every single round. 10% per round is the same thing as 40% every 4 rounds.

Guarded by the Jedi is only effective if Padme is grouped with three possible toons. If they die, she loses the benefit. Lumi has similar evasion, as does Ben, Dooku, Sid, etc.

Compared to other Light Side healers:

Lumi has a powerful force blast with a built-in ability block. Her basic attack would also be harder hitting.

JC has a force blast and can reset his cool downs to make him heal faster.

Barriss would have a ton more health and her heal can penetrate debuffs.

The problem being that she would constantly be in stealth due to it being on her basic attack that never goes to cooldown. Plus she would have to be extremely slow and have ridiculous cooldown timers otherwise she would just constantly heal the entire team to full due to always being in stealth. Pair the stealth on basic with a Teebo lead and she would never not be in stealth. This sounds so OP that the devs would never take it into consideration. Nice try for a first idea though.
  • Options
    50% chance, not 100% for stealth off basic attack (and that is at max level).

Plenty of other characters that dispel all buffs so, not that big of an issue.
  • Options
    50% chance, not 100% for stealth off basic attack (and that is at max level).

Plenty of other characters that dispel all buffs so, not that big of an issue.

Paired with a Teebo lead and she will have a huge chance to gain stealth on attack as well as getting the chance from the leader ability. How would they dispell her with a F2P toon? You can't hit them while they are stealthed and the only AOE dispel I know of is Echo and he is very P2P.
  • Options
    Echo, B2, and Asajj can dispel stealth.

Teebo, QGJ, Plo Koon, and Mace Windu can all dispel enemy buffs.

Plo Koon as leader offers each ally the chance to remove stealth from all enemies.
  • Options
    Echo, B2, and Asajj can dispel stealth.

Teebo, QGJ, Plo Koon, and Mace Windu can all dispel enemy buffs.

Plo Koon as leader offers each ally the chance to remove stealth from all enemies.

Forgot about Plo Koon's leader and Assajj, but still when it's on the basic attack it would just keep proc-ing so Assajj wouldn't work. Plo could but then you would have a leader ability that is focused on 2 out of 5 toons (potentially all 5 with Teebo lead). QGJ and Mace have to hit the target to dispel and they can't target a toon in stealth. So that leaves Plo and Echo who would be able to dispel this toon regularly.
  • Options
    50% chance of stealth on her basic is not OP. I'm pretty sure Nute has the same chance but no one uses him or calls him OP. I also like your train of thought about her passive but I think it should apply to all jedi ie Padme gains 10% evasion and 10% offense for each living Jedi in the lineup. However, I don't really like the idea of making her a healer. She was a diplomat so I see her more as a support character not a healer.

Ultimately I think they're waiting to release her as part of a Naboo bundle at some point. Her bodyguards and fighter pilots from the first film could certainly play a role in this game.
  • myea8017
    192 posts Member
    Options
    Padme is the wife of Anakin, mother of Luke and Leia, and grandmother of Kylo. She is a central figure to the franchise, and could be an interesting and fun character for the game. Here are some suggestions for her:

Class: Stealth Healer. Her daughter, Leia, has stealth so it would make sense for her to have it as the ability runs in the family! She also goes incognito as the handmaiden in TPM until revealed later in the movie. Padme would need to be a fast character.

Deception: basic attack with laser pistol. 50% chance to gain stealth for 2 turns. If stealthed, gives a 25% chance to stun the target for 1 turn. Upgradable to 50% chance to stun at level 8.

Handmaiden's Healing: all allies recover 50% of their max health. If Padme is stealthed, the healing becomes 100%. A stealthed heal also places a Heal Over Time on all allies for 2 rounds. The HoT starts off at 10% and can be upgraded to 24% at level 8.

Queen of the Naboo: passive leader ability. Casts a flash heal on all allies at the start of every fourth round. The heal would start off weak (5% max health at ability level 1) but gain strength as the ability is leveled up (40% at level 8).

Guarded by the Jedi: passive ability that grants Padme 30% evasion to all attacks if any of the following are in her group and alive: QGJ, Obi Wan, or Anakin.

I really like this.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I want her in the game.

But I dont like your healer setup...
  • Options
    50% chance of stealth on her basic is not OP. I'm pretty sure Nute has the same chance but no one uses him or calls him OP. I also like your train of thought about her passive but I think it should apply to all jedi ie Padme gains 10% evasion and 10% offense for each living Jedi in the lineup. However, I don't really like the idea of making her a healer. She was a diplomat so I see her more as a support character not a healer.

Ultimately I think they're waiting to release her as part of a Naboo bundle at some point. Her bodyguards and fighter pilots from the first film could certainly play a role in this game.

That's because Nute hits like a wet noodle. Plus 40% evasion and 40% offense is ridiculous. Rey only gets 25% at max and people call her OP. Squishy buy OP.
  • Options
    Tusken Raider gets 75% offense if you throw him in the theoretical all tusken team. I'm also not sure how Nute really hits cause I don't have him maxed, but if you put him in the right lineup I'm pretty sure you'd see him do well since he crits alot. For Padme, a character who spent almost the entire Phantom Menace evading and hiding I think that she should have some pretty stron stealth and evade synergies
  • Options
    Tusken Raider gets 75% offense if you throw him in the theoretical all tusken team. I'm also not sure how Nute really hits cause I don't have him maxed, but if you put him in the right lineup I'm pretty sure you'd see him do well since he crits alot. For Padme, a character who spent almost the entire Phantom Menace evading and hiding I think that she should have some pretty stron stealth and evade synergies

If she does then her basics would have to do Old Ben level of damage without stealth otherwise she would be the go to DPS and that would mean she would have to have FOTP level of health. The whole idea of stealth is ok in this game but look at Leia. She is somewhat balanced but she is still the first round target because of her speed. You have to have a way to counter new toons without a P2P toon. And nobody is going to risk using Assajj just to fight this new toon that would most definitely be an Aurodium character with this set up.
  • Options

If she does then her basics would have to do Old Ben level of damage without stealth otherwise she would be the go to DPS and that would mean she would have to have FOTP level of health. The whole idea of stealth is ok in this game but look at Leia. She is somewhat balanced but she is still the first round target because of her speed. You have to have a way to counter new toons without a P2P toon. And nobody is going to risk using Assajj just to fight this new toon that would most definitely be an Aurodium character with this set up.

She would be a healer, not dps, yes so, she would have soft hits.

No, you don't have to have a way to counter P2P toons as a F2P player. EA/CG are here to make $$$, not design the game to be fair across the board. Players that support the game and those companies with $$$ should be more powerful and dominating.
  • Options

She would be a healer, not dps, yes so, she would have soft hits.

No, you don't have to have a way to counter P2P toons as a F2P player. EA/CG are here to make $$$, not design the game to be fair across the board. Players that support the game and those companies with $$$ should be more powerful and dominating.

The heal that was proposed sounds like the most OP I've ever heard. 100% heal? Are you insane? The cooldown would have to be upwards of 5 turns to even be close to balancing that. Also if you don't have a F2P option that can counter P2P then you get outrage from nearly everyone becuase it's unfair. Despite them not putting anything into the game monetarily they did download the game and that's how they get a lot of their money. So when the game isn't being downloaded it loses a lot of funding and the game usually gets closed down.
  • Options
    Also if you don't have a F2P option that can counter P2P then you get outrage from nearly everyone becuase it's unfair.

Unfair? It's a video game made by companies that are in business to make money! If you are unwilling to spend a little $$$ on the game, then you can just do the F2P version and move on. Don't expect to be competitive with the people that spend several hundred or even thousands of $$$.

That's like the people that flip burgers at McDonald's but want $15 an hour...ridiculous.

• Options
    Also if you don't have a F2P option that can counter P2P then you get outrage from nearly everyone becuase it's unfair.

Unfair? It's a video game made by companies that are in business to make money! If you are unwilling to spend a little $$$ on the game, then you can just do the F2P version and move on. Don't expect to be competitive with the people that spend several hundred or even thousands of $$$.

That's like the people that flip burgers at McDonald's but want $15 an hour...ridiculous.

So if they decided to give Rey stealth instead of foresight you're saying that you wouldn't be mad becuase that's exactly what this suggestion is. It's just a Rey that full heals and has stealth.
  • Options

So if they decided to give Rey stealth instead of foresight you're saying that you wouldn't be mad becuase that's exactly what this suggestion is. It's just a Rey that full heals and has stealth.

Rey does not have stealth, so that is a moot point.

Padme would be a healer, not a dps. It has already been stated that she would not hit hard. The full heal only happens if she is in stealth, and her basic only gives her a 50% chance of activating stealth. Not to mention the toons that can dispel would render her only half useful.

I am assuming you are F2P. If that is the case, we are done because you're not even in the same class as me.
  • Options

Rey does not have stealth, so that is a moot point.

Padme would be a healer, not a dps. It has already been stated that she would not hit hard. The full heal only happens if she is in stealth, and her basic only gives her a 50% chance of activating stealth. Not to mention the toons that can dispel would render her only half useful.

I am assuming you are F2P. If that is the case, we are done because you're not even in the same class as me.

I've put over $300 into this game and the only viable option for F2P for AOE dispelling is Assajj. Also you clearly can't read becuase I said if they were to give Rey stealth. Also any form of 100% heal is OP. She would have to be incredibly slow to even give people a chance of taking out a toon. People would just run Padme and 4 tanks and be able outlast even a team of full DPS toons.
  • Options
    $300...that's it? No wonder you are griping and complaining.
  • Options

Wow has your argument lost all of your supporting points so you now have to resort to useless insults that has nothing to do with the topic. This character idea sucks and is OP. Plus the devs are never going to realease a healer with any form of 100% heal. They might realease characters that are stealth and healers but it won't be as potent as this awful idea for a character.
  • Options

Wow has your argument lost all of your supporting points so you now have to resort to useless insults that has nothing to do with the topic. This character idea sucks and is OP. Plus the devs are never going to realease a healer with any form of 100% heal. They might realease characters that are stealth and healers but it won't be as potent as this awful idea for a character.

Actually, I stopped caring about anything you said long ago. I did not even bother reading all of your posts. This is all I took from it: waaah, boo hoo, not fair to F2P, and waaah.
  • Options

Actually, I stopped caring about anything you said long ago. I did not even bother reading all of your posts. This is all I took from it: waaah, boo hoo, not fair to F2P, and waaah.

I bet you're 12.