Can we have darth vader shards now?

Seriously guys, im working on an empire team and would love to have vader in there. Main problem, you cant get his shards anywhere. Shard shop - extremely rare. Gw - got 1 shard once. Achievements - yeah prob around christmas.

Add an event or add him in shard shop with same prices as grievous.
Just let me have some way of working towards him or my hard work is gonna be wasted.
He's not even that game changing i just really want him coz vader is awesome

Replies

• Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    Happened to get 2 shrads of him from the shop this morning. Haven't seen him for like 2 weeks.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Having new achievements in general would be nice.....
  • Options
    Vader baby
  • Options
    Got him at 9/85 now. Closing in on 8 more shard for achievements. Haven't seen him in the shop for about 3 weeks.

He is level 78 now though, with gear 9 and 5 stars he is almost 6200 strength. (He is only missing two gear slots)
  • Options
    Ive had maybe 6 shards from shard shop since it opened.
    Just annoys me that i keep seeing shards for characters that ive unlocked in squad, cantina and gw shops. Shard shop should be for rares. If your only getting 2 shards in 24 hours they should be for better characters.
    Id buy vader over grievious anyday
  • Options
    No raid achievements? No level 80 achievement? 2,500 arena wins gets you 3 shards? Terrible system
  • Options
    Basically if they add a full set of new, decent achievements that arnt ridiculous ill be happy. 2500 for 3 shards is appalling
  • Options
    How do you post pics in these forums?
  • Options
    Basically if they add a full set of new, decent achievements that arnt ridiculous ill be happy. 2500 for 3 shards is appalling

100% agree. The rewards are not scaled properly based on the difficulty of each achievement, and there also aren't enough achievements.
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    Options
    Completly agree but his a force to be reckoned with even at 5* gear 10 and level 80 but yeah the achievements are awful at best and they should alternate between yoda and vader each month, would make sense
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    You realize that he's balanced around 5 stars, right? So if suddenly it becomes easy to get 7 stars, he's going to have to be drastically rebalanced.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Options
    Sure let me get my bag
  • Options
    I only have 4 achievements left. Still not at 6 star. LS toons, DS toons, arena battles, and cantina shipments.

The next cantina shipment and arena battle award I will get sometime in 2017.

I have been lucky enough to nab maybe 20-30 extra shards in shard shop. Got 4 in a day two different times.

More achievements would be nice. But I am guessing 7* Vader will be OP.

• Options
    By the time anyone completes 2500 arena wins they will have already 7*ed him from the shard shop. Those 3 extra shards will be worthless
  • Options
    Ive had maybe 6 shards from shard shop since it opened.
    Just annoys me that i keep seeing shards for characters that ive unlocked in squad, cantina and gw shops. Shard shop should be for rares. If your only getting 2 shards in 24 hours they should be for better characters.
    Id buy vader over grievious anyday
    I don't particularly care what group of toons (rare, common, all, F2P only, Card bought only, etc.) show up in the Shard Shop. I just think that once you get a toon to 7*, it should disappear from that shop. It's bad enough that we only get 15 Shard Currency for each shard over 7*, and pay—at best—a 10-1 ratio (300 for 2 shards) for new shards, but I for one would go apoplectic if I ever accidentally bought shards in the Shard Shop for a toon I'd already maxxed out. At least if you accidentally buy the wrong shards using Crystals, or Cantina/Arena currency, you can get something back by converting them to Shard Currency. If you use Shard Currency for useless shards, you literally just threw 90% of it away.

As for Vader, he's not meant to be 7* unlockable at this point, and since his 5* version is fairly competitive with many 7* when geared and levelled, if he was fully starrable at this point, he'd just get nerfed.
  • Options
    45/85 on him, it would be nice to see some more achievements for his shards.
    I actually hope to have him in 3-4 months and am slowly collecting other 'empire' people, because that's how long it will take to make all those people viable.
    I am sure if Palpatine comes out he will also add to that 'empire' team, imagine Vader and Palps together!
  • Options
    I've got no problem with Vader being hard or time-consuming to grow. I think he, and certain other characters, should be rare. And it's nice to have at least one small slice of turf where the gap between P2W and F2P is minimized by time and effort spent, instead of money.

That said, there definitely should be new achievements added with each major content update where shards for Vader can be obtained, even if it takes forever. Raid, I'm looking in your direction.

Finally, I think it would be cool if one or two other new toons were given the same acquisition model as Vader, just kind of at a loss as to whom. Maybe R2? Who else?
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    Having new achievements in general would be nice.....

+1
  • Options
    How about an event chain.
    Those that have 7 star yoda can use him in battles to get Jedi Luke, Luke in turn can be used to get Vader, Vader in turn is used to get the Emperor.
    Or something like that.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Those that have 7 star yoda can use him in battles to get Jedi Luke, Luke in turn can be used to get Vader, Vader in turn is used to get the Emperor.
    Or something like that.

I like this.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Or something like that.

Stop. You're making too much sense man.
  • Dhall
    42 posts Member
    Options
    Mine is 75 5* 25/85 @ gear 9. Hes a beast in raid and GW. Basic could be stronger, but setup properly does massive damage.
  • M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously guys, im working on an empire team and would love to have vader in there. Main problem, you cant get his shards anywhere. Shard shop - extremely rare. Gw - got 1 shard once. Achievements - yeah prob around christmas.

Add an event or add him in shard shop with same prices as grievous.
    Just let me have some way of working towards him or my hard work is gonna be wasted.
    He's not even that game changing i just really want him coz vader is awesome

He shows up in my shard shop now for reg price...