Captain Phasma squad advice?

I am new to this game and am only level 45 so far. I have only been playing GW for about 1 week. Captain Phasma is my favorite character in TFA and I'd like advice please on what I should take into account when looking for synergy with possible characters to group her with in my squads. I am interested in both cross faction and dark side only configurations. Does Darth Sidious pair well with CP and who is the best DS healer to group with CP? Which other characters work best with her abilities and role? Thank you.

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    First order characters are best with her lead since the get twice the chance to get called for an assist than regular characters.
  • Options
    I love assists that is what my droid team is doing right now. I am working on unlocking first order storm trooper. Are there any first order characters that have additional synergy w/ CP? Thanks for advice. I wasnt sure if CP's leader ability was something would be using or not.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Short answer: Old Daka works well with Phasma AND is the best Dark Side healer (out of a field of two =P ).

Slightly longer answer: Phasma works best with characters who have strong basic attacks. Darth Sidious is good, because his basic attack can inflict a heal debuff, but because you tend to focus fire specific targets, it doesn't add all that much. Still real good, though. Old Daka's basic attack can stun, which is good enough on its own, but is made better because there's a chance for a secondary stun. So even if you're focus firing a target that's already stunned, the secondary stun may hit someone else. Similarly,the Royal Guard can stun with its basic attack (deending on health), and will reflexively taunt if someone drops beneath 50% health, allowing your healers time to do their job.

Other First Order characters will give more reliable assists, but Kylo Ren is cool, the others are a little ho-hum.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Tyvm for advice. I was not sure if I should invest in unlocking Old Daka but I would like a better healer than Talia! Stun is amazing and one of my favorite abilities in other games.

Glad to hear Royal Guard could come into play because that is one of my favorite characters from Star Wars and he seems to be useful in the game. I wonder if I were using Old Daka and Royal Guard with Captain Phasma, who would be some good Attackers to synergize with that?
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Luke's stun pairs nicely with Daka, and his crits bullseye lines up nicely with Phasma's advantage. He's not fast off the line, but gets good TM boosts on basic crits. A little glassy, but that's what your RG is there for.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Talia's good! Just, y'know, not as a main healer =P

For Dark Side battles, pretty much just use whoever has the highest power for your attackers. Geonosian Soldier and/or IG-86 have abilities that grant guaranteed assists (and can proc Phasma's passive assist, thiugh I don't know if this is a bug or not. But probably not?) ut are each kind of squishy.

In Cantina, Arena, or other places you can mix Light and Dark, Rey's absurdly strong if you can unlock her. First Order TIE Fighter Pilot used to be just as strong as Rey, but isn't as good now and is hard to unlock early, but he does good damage and is First Order. Luminara is just plain an all-star in all phases of the game, so you can't go wrong with her--unfortunately, she and Phasma cost the same currency, so going for both at the same time is inefficient. But they're both worth having.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    It seems like First Order Tie pilot could have a nice synergy. Is there another DS attacker that has Advantage synergy?
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    FoTp is brutal with Phasma! Takes patience and gear 11, but it'll pay off.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    FoSt, is better replaced with 5's. FoO, with Rey.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Phasma
    QG
    RG
    Leia
    Rey

Is more or less one of the meta teams right now, Obi can replace Phasma at lead. If you are FTP the GS can fill for Leia. Daka is also good in that spot but QG should be first priority.

First order toons are too weak to matter. 86 is also a good farm in GW after lumi is at least 6 and can go in the Rey or RG spot until they are ready
  • Options
    Pros and cons of my line up?

I feel that it defensively my team is weak but offensively... I beat people that have 3K more arena power than me thoughts ?
    Phasma
    Lumi
    Qg
    Rg
    Opress
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I heard, that Kylo Ren has great synergy with Phasma as leader.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    I heard, that Kylo Ren has great synergy with Phasma as leader.

^ That. He does. But it's a LONG road to get him to being useful. LONG.

Also, FOST is a good toon. He's another long grind, but once he's into 5*-6*, his health is very good. Gear VIII he starts to show some helpfulness. 7* gear IX, I'm very happy with him. Not an A-Team member, but definite B-Team. Paired with Phasma you do see a good return-for-your-money so to speak.

Best combo for her in my opinion: Aayla

Phasma is unique in the way she grants everyone advantage, so don't treat that lightly either. I run her with Aayla, because Aayla gets 100% stun-rate with a crit. She also has built-in assists, which end up chaining more often than not. Then chains turns to more stuns and more assists. To be honest, Phasma and Aayla together are downright NASTY. You can pair good non-FO toons with that ability as well.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Kryptik6 wrote: »
    Pros and cons of my line up?

I feel that it defensively my team is weak but offensively... I beat people that have 3K more arena power than me thoughts ?
    Phasma
    Lumi
    Qg
    Rg
    Opress

What level/gear/stars? When you get your team powerful enough, a healer isn't necessary. In fact on defense, the AI doesn't manage your healer well at all.

Phasma generates extra attacks so you want those attacks to be big hits. Look for high DPS replacements or controller (Daka?) for Lumi and Opress.
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku is also great under Phasma lead. Dooku gets TM whenever he attacks outside his turn, so pair him with Phasma lead and assist-special characters, and watch him attack 3-4 times for every one of their attacks. Or 4-5 times if he gets hit and counters.

Phasma lead, GS, 86, Dooku, Daka... I use this squad a lot in Dark side missions. Stuns all over the place! Also lots of damage and decent health.