Gamorrean Guard

Duckoo
279 posts Member
Shouldn't the pig be scoundrel? Kind of fits in with the group and offers some interesting synergy.

Replies

• Maestro
    157 posts Member
    Options
    He should atleast be SOMETHING. Main reason i haven't bothered getting him yet is that hes only classified as "Tank". Yaaawn
  • Options
    It is weird that he is described only as "tank" but, I think maybe when the other Gamorrean gets released, there will be a synergy of some sort between them and something will be altered the same time so that they are cooperating with each other.
  • Maestro
    157 posts Member
    Options
    Blakkfoxx wrote: »
    It is weird that he is described only as "tank" but, I think maybe when the other Gamorrean gets released, there will be a synergy of some sort between them and something will be altered the same time so that they are cooperating with each other.

If thats the case, they should still tag him as "Gamorrean" i think, to let us know that they are/will become a thing.
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ideally yes, but there are probably sensible reasons why he isn't scoundrel. Imagine if he could benefit from my scoundrel leader's 20% evasion along with the rest of my team, in ADDITION to his own added protection, retribution, and dot stacking. I think a tank of that magnitude would be hella OP if he also had the 20 % evasion on top of his. I'm sure it's just an attempt to be reasonably balanced.
  • Options
    There are other unaffiliated support characters too. You can still rp he's a scoundrel. Do you really need the "tag"?
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    There are other unaffiliated support characters too. You can still rp he's a scoundrel. Do you really need the "tag"?

If he's meant to benefit from scoundrel or Gamorrean synergies, yes. If not, then no.
  • Options
    wrilley wrote: »

If he's meant to benefit from scoundrel or Gamorrean synergies, yes. If not, then no.

That's what I'm trying to imply. I use him on my scoundrel team and as far as I'm concerned he's "one of the gang." It doesn't bother me that he doesn't have the "scoundrel" tag because he still fits well with the team, both functionally and thematically. That's just me though. To me it's not as bad as putting "clone wars" chewie with Han lol
  • Darthbinks1
    14 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    We need Jabba synergy!
  • Noizeman
    57 posts Member
    Options
    'Scoundrel' to me implies a rogue archetype; agility, sneakiness. Greedo, Lando... Pigman in what appears to be a distressingly short skirt. But yeah, maybe more synergy will be added in future, I'm okay with the willing suspension of disbelief!
  • Options
    Ideally yes, but there are probably sensible reasons why he isn't scoundrel. Imagine if he could benefit from my scoundrel leader's 20% evasion along with the rest of my team, in ADDITION to his own added protection, retribution, and dot stacking. I think a tank of that magnitude would be hella OP if he also had the 20 % evasion on top of his. I'm sure it's just an attempt to be reasonably balanced.

But he can benefit from Old Ben and Dooku's + 15% evasion, which would also extend to non scoundrels like Rey, who we all know is an almost mandatory member of any top arena team.

Other than cads leader ability, you also have greedo and lando. Both focus mostly on crit damage, but for a charecter that does most of its damage with dots and expose these don't seem all that useful.
  • Options

But he can benefit from Old Ben and Dooku's + 15% evasion, which would also extend to non scoundrels like Rey, who we all know is an almost mandatory member of any top arena team.

Other than cads leader ability, you also have greedo and lando. Both focus mostly on crit damage, but for a charecter that does most of its damage with dots and expose these don't seem all that useful.

Fair points