Not Family Friendly

MasterSeedy
5046 posts Member
When you allow user names like "FapJediFap" to appear as the name of an opposing squad in GW, the game is not user friendly.

I don't want to explain to my 7 year old what "Fap" means.

Adults can have their jokes, I don't care, but you, EA/CG, don't have to repeat their sexual jokes to my 7 year old when she's playing GW, thank you.

Replies

• Options
    You do realize that GW enemies are other players? Its just a missed word in their normally overzealous filter. :) P.S. I'm fairly certain it is very easy to redirect the attention of a 7 year old or tell them it is a nonsense name that doesn't mean anything?
  • Options
    Why should he have to redirect anything?

Kids should be able to play and parents should be able to let them without worry. :|
  • Options
    I agree but the game is rated Everyone 10+ in the first place... but it is an online game. It seems irresponsible to believe that children won't be introduced to possibly unsavory concepts while on such a game VIA chat, names, or otherwise. The situation is similar to all of the younglings playing CoD and Halo.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    A) don't have to explain it
    B) on the other hand, can't shelter them forever...you can teach them to protect themselves.
    C)you brought a child into this world, you probably knew what the world was like before you did so.
    D) oh boohoo, someone think of the poor children!
  • MasterSeedy
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    D) oh boohoo, someone think of the poor children!

Yeah, and if they didn't have a filter that won't let you type about characters that "call an a55ist" - which is EA/CG's language! - because their filter can't figure out that "a55ist" is a completely different word, that has a specific in-game use that should be allowed, then you might have a point.

But I'm not asking for an adult game with an adult culture to be changed. I'm asking for a bit more thought from a game that sells itself as kid friendly and that aggressively limits the ability to chat to the point where it can be difficult to chat about actual game concepts.

@Keleos_Riashra
    You do realize that GW enemies are other players?

Don't treat me as dumb. You're the one who is having trouble with understanding here. I specifically said:
    When you allow user names like...

If you're not reading what people are actually writing, your advice is bound to be poor.

Me, personally, I'm not like EA.

I don't want the filter to be on everyone, particularly when it's as badly implemented as it is with relationship to game concepts like "A55ist". But when you start filtering content and the parents see that, you are giving your customers an expectation.

Live up to it or don't, but if you don't live up to the expectation that you create by your own aggressive filtering, then it's perfectly reasonable for parents to complain.
  • Zee
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Lmfao you people are ridiculous.
    Kid; what's fap?
    Me; insert lie here...
  • MasterSeedy
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, see, some of us don't like to lie to our children, but thanks for the insight into your ethics!
  • Zee
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Your are absolutely right be honest with your kids and talk to them about fapping today. Uphold your strong high horse morels and let them know exactly **** a fap is.
  • Zee
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Really, **** is forbidden there you go. Censorship is already alive and well. Good job sir cookies and milk al around