How guilds are like the economy

egzaclee
25 posts Member
In terms of unobtainable gear....

The rich get richer, and the divide between the top 1% and the majority grows each day.

Gear is probably one of the most important things in the game. With this new unobtainable gear only the top ranks get the most of it, but to get the top ranks now you have to have the gear to do the top damage.

However, if you didn't precraft it's almost impossible to catch up. The top get more gear quicker while the bottom continues the slow grind. I don't see how someone outside the top 25 could ever get top 10 at this rate without changing guilds or sending hundreds.

Replies

• Gungnir75
    718 posts Member
    Options
    My guild has only done 8 raids, but we have seen a common trend in each.

I have been in top 3 each raid but the guys 20 and below have gotten better gear. Gear drop is all random, top spots get more credits and such but gear is random.
  • egzaclee
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Which type of gear might be random but not the amount of it you would get
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    egzaclee wrote: »
    Which type of gear might be random but not the amount of it you would get

Wrong. We have seen those lower ranks get complete items, not just parts. One complete item is better than the 30ish parts top 5 gave been getting.
  • Options
    I got 35th in my guild yesterday in the heroic raid and was blessed with an MK 5 droid caller. It is completely random which benefits the guild as a whole because despite the fact our resident whales need to gear, they have an easy time holding spots as is in arena and completing GW, helps the rest of us catch up a bit and contribute more toward the guild in the end.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    I got 35th in my guild yesterday in the heroic raid and was blessed with an MK 5 droid caller. It is completely random which benefits the guild as a whole because despite the fact our resident whales need to gear, they have an easy time holding spots as is in arena and completing GW, helps the rest of us catch up a bit and contribute more toward the guild in the end.

Yep!
  • egzaclee
    25 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Opusone wrote: »
    Wrong. We have seen those lower ranks get complete items, not just parts. One complete item is better than the 30ish parts top 5 gave been getting.

A whole piece is still a type of gear which is random. Have you ever seen someone in 30 get 20 of something that someone in 5th got 5 of. The top spots still have a random chance at the full gear and even a better chance then the lower spots. Who gets the fully crafted is all RNG.

To make my point, you wouldn't want to purposely be at the bottom of the leader board just for a shot at fully crafted because the odds are technically still better the higher you are
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    It is very fair and very random... Find a guild clearing heroic ASAP!!!