Greivous under performing

shampoo
442 posts Member
edited May 2016
I think it's fair to say GG is under performing. In order for him to shine he has to be paired with a droid team or some sort of combination of droids due to -
A) having low health - he needs to be paired with other droids
B ) having slow speed - He needs poggle to add speed up or HK to provide TM on crit, or JE to provide initial turn meter boost at the start
C) his special only activates when he falls under 50% health, but he himself has no life steal - So he will once again need a JE, any other healer won't provide good enough synergy to be useful.

I think a lot of people would love to see this character shine, for one thing he costs ALOT of shards to unlock, and he's is in general a neat character and has fun character animations. So even if you buffed GG to make him "OP" , he still wouldn't be because he has to work with combinations with other droids. Increasing his health, increasing his speed, giving him life steal would help make him more viable. But let's face it, when your using GG, you're really building a team around him, he's not something like a RG that you can toss into any team and have him perform well. So why not just make GG stronger. It would be great for GG to have either a counter attack or multi attack (4 light sabers!) this would at least increase his damage to make up for his slow speed. Any one else have constructive ideas for Grievous? I would love to see more droid teams in the arena and would love to make one of my own. They're probably the most fun team comp that I've used, but just not totally viable unless you wanna wake up down from 1st to >50 lol.

Replies

• DocsBoy
    120 posts Member
    Options
    GG is a very expensive character to unlock and dies not have the benefits to justify the cost.. Only reason to unlock GG is to show off you have him.. Make him unique Nd worth the investment
  • Options
    #whaleproblems
  • Ronon_Dex
    197 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Maaaayybe, if they changed his unique to include something like "General Grievous gains 25% turn meter each time an ally inflicts critical damage."
    So it would be:
    Grievous has +10% max health for each living droid ally and gains 25% turn meter each time a non-droid ally inflicts critical damage. In addition, whenever grievous falls below 50% health, he will dispel all negative status effects on himself and force a random ally to taunt for 1 turn if no ally is currently taunting for him. if he does, that ally also gains 100% turn meter.
    That might instantly make him viable on Phasma assist teams. Even as an f2p player, I'd really like to see GG a few times in arena or GW for that matter. Hate seeing the same old toons every fight.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Grievous definitely needs a buff considering how difficult it is to get him.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Agreeing with those about him being nearly useless right now. Suggestions above seem on point. Right now he is slow, easy to kill, and does little damage. He could use more potency as well, since he is suppose to be debuffer. But it rarely sticks...
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Change his auto taunt to some other specific character like tanks.
  • Options
    I think his skills are good, he just doesn't have the stats to use them to their best.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure pairing him with jawa engineer will go a long way to making him really good.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    If whales invested in him they deserve a great toon not op but great so i agree
  • Options
    the developers certainly made a grievous error
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Punny
    the developers certainly made a grievous error

BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    I agree with all of the above. I love him and have been working on him since he was announced. He works great with other droids, hk lead, and je but ONLY with that combo. He needs a rework to be viable on his own, not just in one setting.
    Also, can you increase the size of the character model please? Grievous is 7 feet tall and the model is very small next to Vader who is 6 inches shorter not to mention the huge size of the gamorian next to him!
    This toon takes a very long time to farm for non whales and it would be great if he reflected the time, money, and energy it takes to gear and 7*. I almost have him at gear 10 and will 7* him in one month. Please make him the prize I have been working for.

So rework for faster Tm, more health or health steal, and increase model size.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    #whaleproblems
    I earned him without spending money. It's not that hard, just takes patience and dedication--maxed out Luminara, Phasma, Daka, and Sidious, kept buying them with shipments. Only took six weeks or so (Maxed out Mace Windu, kept farming him in Cantina, made it faster).

Anyway, it's a little bit difficult to compare Greivous accurately because you have to compare him to other characters with 4 stars, since that's what most people have him at (if they have him at all). The Potency issue is a gear problem that should be fixed. I'd also say Sinister Laugh should be reworked a little, because Health Down just doesn't seem to do anything, even when it sticks. Maybe change it to a 1 turn duration Ability Block.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Make droids great again!