Characters that could use a buff

Here is a list and simple reason these characters need a buff. I'm not complaining, just a friendly post about characters who could use a little push to make them competitive and broaden the game.

Anakin - not very high damage for him to be the chosen one. He is among the best known and loved character ever yet I've only seen him in arena twice

Plo koon - horrible damage, pointless leader ability

Boba Fett - aka the best bounty Hunter in the universe doesn't even use the blaster he wields. Revive could be a tad higher and damage could be better. I'd like to see all of his abilities be changed completely

Chewbacca - very iconic but just isn't really viable once you reach around lvl 60

Maul - I know he is really good and destroys people but his speed and health are so poor he isn't worth using.

Barriss - basic attack does nothing

Old Ben - basic attack does not damage but what doesn't make since is how he gains evasion up for 3 turns at lvl 8. All he needs is to gain it for 1

I'm sure there are others out there but these are just some key characters that could and should be recognized more. Some reworking or buffing would do it. Id rather see other characters get stronger than the good ones get worse

What do yall think and comment who yall think deserves to be better

Replies

• CHF
    105 posts Member
    Options
    I could not agree more with you! @EA_Jesse please address this. I've been complaining about how anakin is unplayable. He's suppose to be the best Jedi ever and yet he's not in the top 7 for Jedi. Also same with boba fett. I appreciate your time and again thank you!
  • Options
    Chewbacca is worst tank option. Will probably die last, which is not a good thing... (needs help)
    Greedo has garbage bombs & garbage leader ability... (glass pistol, not even a cannon)

• Options
    Computer Ventress always seems to use her debuff/heal at the wrong time.
  • Options
    Boba Fett

Boba needs an awesome unique skill that would make people play him. Clearly one of the favorite character but one of the less played.
    A skill like:
    -Whenever and opponent die, buba do an attack on the enemy with the less health.
    -Get stealth when revive... Next attack do the double damage...
    -Can target anyone even if there's a taunt...

Just ideas on top of my head.
    I think he desearves something cool and unique.

Old Ben

I think his basic atk (evasion +) is bad.

In this context that you always kill him last, the evasion up is only for aoe and when he's alone. With his low damage output, when he's left alone, he's pretty much dead already!

To have Ben become yes, better, but especially more cohesive as a character, I would change the basic atk for something like this:

-Does physical damage to target enemy, and one random ally get stealth for 2 turns. The omega gear would add one turn.

That would be sooo cool and would fit with the character. Ben thinks of his allies before himself...

That's my two cents!
    I hope the Ben skill makes it ^^
    Cheers!

-JohnDaaz
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    hyroglyphx wrote: »
    Greedo has garbage bombs & garbage leader ability... (glass pistol, not even a cannon)

I'm liking his bombs a lot at level 7. I can't wait to omega them for the extra turn meter bonus.

• PushinGravity
    95 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ben is a fairly easy fix imo. Leave his damage and abilities where they are, but give him a 25% chance to taunt for 1 turn when an ally evades an attack. Instantly makes his passive a game changer without topping the scales too much with low percentage.

Greedo, Boba and Anakin need serious work.

Anakin has good health and protection but his damage is meh and his special is ridiculously difficult to use. I would suggest buffing his damage by about 20% and changing the special to a single target attack that is a guarenteed crit and for every ally below 60% health it does 25% more damage. It's in line with his passive and would be significant burst. Without unbalancing him.

I don't even know where to start with the other two but I'm highly disappointed with Boba
  • Options
    As a Greedo user, may I ask what you guys think needs to be done to him?
  • Options
    Maul. Speed can stay down if they increase his health a fair bit. Though both would be nice. I understand that because of his power, especially against Jedi's that he has these disadvantages but once you reach a certain level he just starts becoming a dead weight. If he can survive before his turn he can do damage but it's getting harder to do that now. And you can only really use him against mainly/all Jedi teams for him to be any use.

Though unless they make his shards farmable for free I'm not that bothered if he doesn't get buffed. Will keep him for early Galactic War nodes and just leave him at that.
  • Options
    hyroglyphx wrote: »

Greedo is not great, but I think people overlook that the timed detonators are not countered. So they are great to use against people like Dooku, 5's etc.
  • Options
    I used Maul from the beginning and he was awesome (still is if he survives first round) but it's too hard to keep him alive through round one. I think his Omega for Unique Ability should be "Starts first round off with Stealth". Have it drop off after his first move, then he is viable again! You don't need to give him a stealth ability otherwise, just an advantage to make it past the first round. Keep everything else about him the same, like I said he's awesome otherwise!
  • Options
    Ben is a fairly easy fix imo. Leave his damage and abilities where they are, but give him a 25% chance to taunt for 1 turn when an ally evades an attack. Instantly makes his passive a game changer without topping the scales too much with low percentage.

That would totally work too!

But I'd prefer not abuse the leader skill. It's already pretty good imo.

I'd say, when Ben kill an opponent, he dodges for 3 turns!!!

That would be awesome! And at the same time, kind of hard to do since he has a small damage output!