Boba fett buff thread

Faroer
246 posts Member
Boba fett is a bounty hunter that shoots out a rope to tie up luke. This should translate into turn meter reduction ;)

More generally, he is too slow, and his revive doesn't trigger frequently enough. Boba is almost always the first to die without a chance to fight back and he doesn't revive frequently.

Would also look at his potency jd tenacity.

Plus maybe make him and all bounty hunters give a coin payout buff if they win against the target of the day in challenges arena or gw.

Replies

• OniRenkai
    103 posts Member
    Options
    He needs a buff and be cool ta play too. Best mercenary ever
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Needs a complete overhaul to closer suit the character seen in films.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    He needs 3 things to be usable.

Speed. He has a jet pack. That alone would make him fast. Increase his speed to at least 135 ( 140 preferable ) and he would be OK to use.

Potency. His AoE ability block is great, except his low potency keep it from hitting. It's only one turn so buff it around to 150% and now he is entering on the good side of usable.

Dmg tweak. He shoots rockets that are out dmg by bow and arrows. Buff his dmg to about 3k-5k non crit, with either a chance to attack again, or call an assist and now he is on arena teams.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    I think Boba should be okay with being one of the slower characters in the game, but they should apply the "Slower characters can generally expect to see a damage increase" theory to someone for a change. He should have the grapple as the first move each battle, but be slow beyond that, with very high damage.
  • Options
    I feel like he needs a bit more utility. For his basic, 35% turn meter on a finishing blow is quite underwhelming, considering many other characters have more than that on basic attacks in general.

Mandalorian resolve is a bit awkward, since it only triggers when something bad has happened... ideally your characters aren't dying, so this won't trigger. Even when it does, the effect is a bit underwhelming. I've never seen his revive change the outcome of a fight.

For death from above, his potency does need to go up for this to be useful... or it needs to do a lot more damage. I also thing the ability block should be two turns.
  • nysi
    33 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My ideas regarding Boba. Rework the basic and unique ability.

Old Execute Deal Physical damage to target enemy and gain 30% Turn Meter on a finishing blow.

New Execute Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target has less than 50% health, this attack deal 25% more damage and has a 50% critical chance bonus.

The current basic ability make little sense to me. Boba does not big damage, is slow, and as such has very few chance to "execute" an ennemy. My idea is to give a real execution ability, and add a little synergy with his leader ability. (This Attack will often deal 50% more damage if Boba is the leader). It should also give him more utility in raid, when Rancor has less than 50% health. (Like Ashoka)

Old Mandalorian Resolve Boba Fett has a 30% chance to revive at 30% Health whenever he is defeated. In addition, Boba Fett gains Evasion Up for 3 Turns whenever an ally is defeated.

New Mandalorian Resolve Whenever an ally defeated, Boba fett gains 15% tenacity, damage, defense, speed and health steal for the rest of the encounter.

I like the idea of self resurrection, but it's very unreliable. My idea here is to punish player for keeping Boba as the last ennemy standing, by making him very dangerous if all his allies are dead.
  • Options
    Boba is useless in the current game. As a tank, he has very low HP. He dies so easily that I don't use him ever. I made him 7* in prep for the 'low speed will get DMG increase' update only to find that he got worse. So basically, he has no offence and no defence. For such an iconic character, it is a shame.
  • Options
    He gets left to last because he's not a threat.
  • Options
    I think Boba needs more hp, more dmg, more speed and another attack, because its basic attack is weak.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    Boba fett rework

Basic: "execute/wrist rocket" this attack ignores protection, if next time this attack is used it is targeted on the same opponent, inflicts armour reduction too for one turn. Or this attack ignores protection and can't miss.

Special: "death from above" attack all enemies, with a 65% chance to inflict ability block plus either a chance to inflict dodge reduction or a chance to expose for two turns.

Leader: if you also tune his stats a little upward then none; with such changes would be powerful enough. Otherwise I think you can leave the current as it is.

Unique: either "lone hunter" any time Boba attacks a debuffed opponent, he gains 20-30% TM or "when I get paid?" whenever an enemy is defeated Boba get his CD reset and gains speed for 2 turns.
    Res non verba
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    I just want him to have an attack that uses his blaster. Both attacks use the rocket launcher, but he's carrying a blaster. IT MAKES NO SENSE!

Thanks.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    YES Buff Boba!
  • Options
    Buff Boba! Fix his leader ability and overhaul him completely, he should be a bada$$! I mean, just look at him...
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Buff Boba! Fix his leader ability and overhaul him completely, he should be a bada$$! I mean, just look at him...

+10000
  • Options
    Ok let's look at this logically... Boba is one of the hardest toons to gear, requiring more raid gear than anyone else. He is one of the slowest toons in game, even though he has a jet pack. He has unimpressive middle of the road health for a tank (less health than Old Daka, seriously?) and has a max damage ability slightly higher than Ugnaught's... Please overhaul him! Oh and his omega on basic is +5% TM gain on a finishing blow, pathetic! Is anyone listening?? @EA_Jesse
  • Options
    For what it's worth his leader ability seems to be working. But he's so slow and lame that he's still unusable
  • Options
    Hey guys, there was a post about that by capgasp some days ago on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4z86id/boba_rework/

They are working on him but it will have to wait. I would love it now haha but for me, hearing that they are working on it is really awesome.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    His character as it stands in this game currently - sucks.

He is too slow, dealing minimal damage at best and is easy to kill.

Not to mention his revives are rare, and when he does revive he does not gain enough health or turn meter to make it count and is therefore instantly killed again - what is the point of this??

They should also add an additional attack for him so he can actually use his blaster, rather than him just holding a movie prop in his hands.
  • Jestafett
    30 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    +1000000000000000....... he needs a buff... when Cad Bane over takes a totally maxed Boba on my power list there's a serious problem there. Cad crits at over 10k and still missing a cuff... Boba maxed crit... 8k... something is not right.
  • Options
    At the very least make him a viable tank and add a taunt. As it stands he has an anti-taunt, since you can just ignore him until the end
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    YES Buff Boba!

This bothers me so much. His base dmg is sad, he needs a third ability, either a stun from his grapple or call it " carbonite lockdown". He has the blaster rifle, come on guys. I like his aoe and leader, and I've had him revive 6 times in a row which was great.

So. Increase primary dmg 30 percent, or add a stun please. Thanks! He's iconic badass of Star Wars, make him at least as good as Vader or old ben.

Please and thank you!