Changing Tanks

Soccean
65 posts Member
Breetai wrote: »
I don't think RG needs changed. I think all other tanks need changed. Reason everyone runs RG is he the only tank, that taunts, and does his job. No other taunter does thier job, except for st han, but he is for tm gain, not protection.

RG. High health, low dmg, and taunt. Exactly what a toon with taunt should be. A tank should soak dmg, not dish it out. I think just about every other tank needs a tweak, not RG.

Poe used to be the best tank. Take away his turn meter reduction and he would have still been in all teams before. The reason why is his fast taunt.

I think ALL toons with taunt should be either A. Like RG and be reactive, B. Fastest toons in game so they can taunt right off, or C. Start off with taunt, EXCEPT for st han because his taunting is not for protection, it is for tm gain.

Doing a raid in any other game do you ever see a healer lead the charge? Nope it's a tank to grab aggro and protect everyone. That's what tanks do.RG is the only tank that does this, so he is used more than others. Change tanks ( I say tanks not taunter because if your a tank, you should have taunt ) to where they actually do thier jobs, then you see others besides RG.

RG stuns. Perfect. Give one a self heal ( chewy), give one a AoE debuff. Give one ability block. Give one a chance to call an assist. Give one to take away buffs ( sun FAC ). Give one that counter ( sun FAC ). But give them all high health, low dmg, and a way to taunt to save someone, or just extremely fast so they can taunt.

Yup long post but I hate how tanks are designed in this game and I think they really need to redo all of them

I saw this in a thread about royal guard... I thought it should be brought into its own disscussion about the problems that the only tank that is viable as a tank is RG. As the devs asked characters that should be fixed, i believe that all tanks need to be fixed somehow(besides st han)

Note that all credit to this post goes to @Breetai

Replies

• Options
    +1
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks.

But it's not only tanks, a think a lot should be done with other toons as well. I think healers are about the only thing that is right, except being so few. One HoT but dmg could be toned down ( lumi ), one weak heal but rez ( Dhaka ), one that has a massive heal if everyone is full health except 1 while doing weak dmg ( baris ), weak heal, but cleanses plus a rez ( ewok elder ) one that does OK dmg with OK heals ( telia ).

However tanks or almost 100% non usable with only RG and St han doing thier jobs, and han only does his because he is not ment for protection. ( Poe still does his job ok but with speed as it is someone will die before he gets is taunt off, he just needs a little added speed and his tm reduction completly taken away to justify the speed increase ).

Besides these 2 you don't see many others in arena that's listed tank, except 5s. And 5s is just borderline op, and not a real tank, as he doesn't protect anyone because he is left for last to kill. Being left for last means your not doing a tanks job.

Tanks should be made to where you have to deal with them first. ( Of course people that remove taunts is the counter to them ). Tanks should have taunt up fast, highest health in game, very little dmg ( like 1k and 3k on crit, this is where 5s is borderline op ), with some type of debuff, or buff chance with thier attacks.

If tanks where changed to this, with each one having thier own thing ,( like stun, self heal, speed down, def down, off down, lower skill CD, etc. ) Then more tanks would be used and it starts going to builds to which tank is used.