In Case You Were Wondering: Chromium Exclusives

FaRule_DaGalexy91
278 posts Member
edited May 2016
I saw a post a bit ago talking about how happy they were that chromiums were now farmable through shipments at the rate of 320 per 4 shards.

I am happy that this is now an option for us. But is it a viable option to actually unlock a 7* Toon?
Lets do some math.

To unlock a 3* toon costs 50 shards, or 13(320) shipments resulting in 4160 crystals.

To unlock and upgrade 1 7* toon takes 330 shards or 83(320) shipmenrs resulting in 26,560 crystals to unlock.

So in case you were curious, it takes just about $180.00 to unlock a single chromium toon to 7* through shipments under the current system.

Enjoy.
"May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate

Replies

• Options
    Well it depends, i you get rank 1 in arena everyday it costs you nothing :)
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks! I posted the vault = 196 shards somewhere else. You gave a clear cut amount from 0 to 7 which I wasn't sure about. This helps us all (and it's cheaper than chromium).
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Oda_Kosan_Awa
    157 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This math assumes you buy the $99, right? Cost his much higher if you buy the smaller packages. And even higher if you use refreshes to be able to buy more than four per period. And even higher to gear and promote the character to usable levels.

I think many have become desensitized to the cost of things in the game. 2 or 3 characters for the price of a last generation iPhone ;)
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    This math assumes you buy the $99, right? Cost his much higher if you buy the smaller packages. And even higher if you use refreshes to be able to buy more than four per period.

Yes... Assuming a vault purchase and zero to limited refreshes.
  • FaRule_DaGalexy91
    278 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This math assumes you buy the $99, right? Cost his much higher if you buy the smaller packages. And even higher if you use refreshes to be able to buy more than four per period.

Yes, this is assuming you buy the top 3 crystal packs. You would be looking at an exponentially higher cost buying say.. the $20 crystal pack

Edit: actually the cost would not be notably higher for $19.99 pack to get the full set of crystals would take 10 buys equaling $199.00

• zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    get prepared to have this thread merged into the omega mega thread.....happened before. so I just quote myself, if you don't mind
    zerizut wrote: »
    yes. it is a well balanced addition the shopping experience. I like it. I'm even tempted now to buy Chromium, because of the certainty for completion whith shipments. Very nice. I hope, the person who came up with this will get a bonus in RL. :)

• Options
    I guess it depends. If a player wants one particular character, it will likely be significantly cheaper to just use shipments to get it outright. Versus buying chromiums, hoping to randomly get the individual sets of shards, of which it seems most people get stuff they don't want.

I remember earlier in the game someone estimated that a 7* Darth Maul would cost $1000+ in Crystal purchases, just to have enough random chromium chances to get enough shards. $180 seems like a savings in comparison.

You have to realize that the change was not really targeted toward low/non-spenders. Those who see it as a "good deal" are the target audience.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    You have to realize that the change was not really targeted toward low/non-spenders. Those who see it as a "good deal" are the target audience.

Absolutely. It's all perception. When I was total f2p I never assigned a monetary value to crystals. Now I do.

• Options
    Roykenneth wrote: »
    Well it depends, i you get rank 1 in arena everyday it costs you nothing :)

THIS
  • Options
    get prepared to have this thread merged into the omega mega thread.....happened before. so I just quote myself, if you don't mind
    yes. it is a well balanced addition the shopping experience. I like it. I'm even tempted now to buy Chromium, because of the certainty for completion whith shipments. Very nice. I hope, the person who came up with this will get a bonus in RL. :)

I do not see how it could be merged with any thread, as this has nothing to do with omega mats.

• Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Thanks! I posted the vault = 196 shards somewhere else. You gave a clear cut amount from 0 to 7 which I wasn't sure about. This helps us all (and it's cheaper than chromium).

Thanks i try and keep my posts focused on facts as opposed to opinions

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Relative the cost of other exclusive toons this is reasonably priced for both choice and certainty. Outside of this game it is ridiculous for a toon that will be FTP in 6-12 months
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Relative the cost of other exclusive toons this is reasonably priced for both choice and certainty. Outside of this game it is ridiculous for a toon that will be FTP in 6-12 months

Idk, theyve left a lot of coveted ones chromium.

• Options
    Still, nice for those who just want em, or mopping up near Unlocks.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    To unlock and upgrade 1 7* toon takes 330 shards or 83(320) shipmenrs resulting in 26,560 crystals to unlock.

So in case you were curious, it takes just about $180.00 to unlock a single chromium toon to 7* through shipments under the current system.
    Enjoy.
    How does that compare to opening Chromium packs though?
    How many crystals/how much money would you spend on getting any of the exclusives to 7 star?
    Sure you get other characters/shards but if you take that into account (divide Pack cost by total number of obtained character shards, multiplied by number of desired character for the total cost)
    Is it going to be cheaper to by them from shipments instead?
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I saw a post a bit ago talking about how happy they were that chromiums were now farmable through shipments at the rate of 320 per 4 shards.

I am happy that this is now an option for us. But is it a viable option to actually unlock a 7* Toon?
    Lets do some math.

To unlock a 3* toon costs 50 shards, or 13(320) shipments resulting in 4160 crystals.

Enjoy.
    Your math is spot on, I whaled a little yesterday and bought $200 of crystals and got Echo to 7* I had no shards of him before yesterday so it was 0 to 7

• hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    RU486 wrote: »

Lets do some math.

Enjoy.
    Your math is spot on, I whaled a little yesterday and bought $200 of crystals and got Echo to 7* I had no shards of him before yesterday so it was 0 to 7

What were the results for everyone else Chrome exclusive? Normally the most recent character is far more common than anyone else - for example, someone who wanted to 7* Aayla or Rex now would probably have to purchase 5 or 6 times as many packs.
  • Options
    RU486 wrote: »

Lets do some math.

Enjoy.

How is echo performing for you?

• Smite
    259 posts Member
    Options

Lets do some math.

Enjoy.

They should charge DOUBLE. A full 7* toon is worth it! And take shards out of cantina also.
  • FaRule_DaGalexy91
    278 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Smite wrote: »

Lets do some math.

Enjoy.

They should charge DOUBLE. A full 7* toon is worth it! And take shards out of cantina also.

"Worth it" is highly opinionated.

To me, who is currently in guppy rank. And top 200 in arena. I feel my team is pretty solid and dont particularly need to put that kind of money into 1 toon.

Especially when outside of the game i have a lot of obligations that supercede my need to max a chromium toon in a mobile app.

That being said, its is certainly a more affordable option than the alternative. So im on the fence with it.

Not for me personally, but i like the concept.
    Post edited by FaRule_DaGalexy91 on

• wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    It's lower value than Aurodium since you don't get credits or synergy shards, but if you want a specific toon it's far cheaper than random Chromiums. Based on the target market, it seems about right to me.