Sidious in at least 80% of enemy teams- boring

gorki
31 posts Member
Hi.

I'm not sure whether enemy teams are auto generated or based on peoples real characters, but it's kinda boring and annoying that big majority of them has Lord Sidious in it. That means that in most battles in second half of GW (more difficoult ones) I MUST have Barris in my tam, and quite frankly I don't really want to. I have shi**load of characters and I want to try different teams and combos. Also I love it when I come across less known character and have to actually use my brain to complete a battle.

Other than that, balance seems ok for me now, but I'm lvl 75. It will always be too difficult for some and too easy for others.

Thx for reading

Replies

• zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    you are L75 and worrying about Sid? :s
  • gorki
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Try reading again what I wrote ;)
  • MasterSeedy
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    @gorki:

I wrote a similar post a while back, and I got an equally ignorant response from someone who literally had no idea what I was talking about, even though all the words were right there. They tried to give me advice on how to win GW, then yelled at me when I said the point wasn't that I was having trouble winning (I've had a bit more trouble in the last 10 days, only completing 8 and having exhausted all my characters on 3 of my wins, but back then I was on a win streak that was 30+ days long), but that it was boring and I enjoyed different challenges. The commenter was all, "Why are you complaining when you're winning?"

There's no helping some people.

But on your post, I agree, and I'll say again, that the people who take the time to craft interesting teams of underutilized characters should be rewarded by having those teams show up more and **all** the players should get more interesting and novel challenges than we get now.

My only really productive thought on this one is a cap on the number of times a toon can appear on the AI's teams in a single day. Not only does this have a certain symmetry to it (we're fighting a war of attrition, it would be nice if we could wear down the AI's resources as well), but it can be structured so that your strategic choices earlier in GW can affect the AI's teams at the end of GW.

The main way to make this happen is to implement a soft-cap. Of course, you can just say that no toon can appear more than 4 times in GW*, but if you use a lower base cap then add a way for some toons to exceed it, things become much more interesting. The structure I suggested before was based on finishing blows: a soft cap that prevents a toon from being used more than 3 times, BUT allows the toon to be used one extra time per finishing blow that toon strikes...up to a maximum of 3 extra times. So no matter what, the AI can never use a toon in more than 1/2 the battles, and if you hate a toon as an opponent (maybe just because it's boring, like Sid), you can target that toon first and only see it in 3 battles, max.

We all use suicide squads at various times, but this means that if you always throw a suicide squad at, say, Phasma, to waste that toon's special abilities, you're going to see Phasma more often, and have to come up with even more suicide squads!

This is a subtle nerf to one important player tactic even as it gives a small nerf to the AI, by preventing over-use of the best toons. That helps balance what we're doing.

But also, it just means that you won't see the same opponents all day, every day. Squads with rare characters will get more use. Players will have more interesting challenges. EA/CG will better advertise what under-used toons can do, which will encourage more people to collect more toons and thus make more money for EA/CG.

Really, it's a win all the way around, but mostly it's a win for those of us who are bored and frustrated with the repetitive nature of the current GW.

=======================================================
    * only once is unfair to the AI, because you're expected to wipe out the first 4 or 5 teams you face without having to rotate out a single character, if you play your best toons at the beginning...and that would mean the AI loses 20-25 toons before you lose one.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I agree. Gets boring quick. I quit even trying to finish GW last few days. Galactic Chore is an accurate joke. It's just 12 battles against the same 8-10 characters you already fight 5 times a day in arena.
  • gorki
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Guys, exactly! And good idea MasterSeedy, no idea if they can implement something like this tho :)

For example, I came across this team in Arena yesterday:

Phasma (L), Daka, Datchka, Greedo and ST Han.

Needles to say the team destroyed me. I couldn't believe it, I wasn't even able to take out Daka.

I'm not saying every GW AI team should be like this, because most of us wouldn't finish GW, but it's interesting variety and good combo of (bit) less used toons. Id like to see this kind of teams in GW more often.

But as you said, mostly it's 8-10 saaaaaame boring toons all the time.
  • MasterSeedy
    5046 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That does sound like an interesting team. Phasma, of course, is a staple, but the other 4 not as much. Daka gets good use, but I don't think she's over used: she just gets the use that every toon would get if they were all loved about equally.

I guess STHan's TM manipulation makes Greedo's bombs go off quicker? That would help make Greedo effective. Besides Phasma, the others are all effective on their own, in different ways, but usually are only seen as the X factor in teams like:

Phasma/HealingImmunity(usually Sid)/DPS/TankOrHealer/X.
  • gorki
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Well, it wasn't something extraordinary but I was surprised (positively) how seemingly common team managed to destroy me so quickly.. Not sure how they did it (apart the fact that Daka stunned my RG before he could stun their ST Han), but it then developed so fast and I was loosing toons one by one..I guess Datchka played big role on my droids. I use Poggle (L), 86, 88, GS and RG.
    Anyway, it was still better than most teams I face in GW :)
  • Options
    Given that he'\s one of the only toons that they basically help you max out right away, you're surprised he winds up in so many teams? Really? Are we playing the same game, because it seems absolutely predictable that Sidious would be in so many teams given that one simple fact alone.

But hey...some things aren't so painfully obvious for everyone else.
  • MasterSeedy
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    @Musashi138

Did you even read what other people wrote? You sound completely clueless, as not one person on this thread has asked why many people place Sid on teams. ...and that's assuming you're actually talking about Sid and not completely on other planet.

Why not either read the thread or save yourself the embarrassment and avoid posting.
  • gorki
    31 posts Member
    Options
    +1 o:)
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Musashi138 wrote: »
    Given that he'\s one of the only toons that they basically help you max out right away, you're surprised he winds up in so many teams? Really? Are we playing the same game, because it seems absolutely predictable that Sidious would be in so many teams given that one simple fact alone.

But hey...some things aren't so painfully obvious for everyone else.
    In what way does anyone help you max him out? He's literally no hard or easier to get than any other arena character. The only reason people still get him is because they read 4 month old guides where people talk about how great he is.
  • Options
    gorki wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm not sure whether enemy teams are auto generated or based on peoples real characters,

That is the essence. I'm under the impression that they are real teams from real people, hence the surfeit of Sidiouses. Gotta love Sid, he's a real people pleaser
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.