Dark Side Healer Choices: Talia or Old Daka or Neither?

I am stuck trying to decide on a Dark Side healer, Talia or Old Daka. I'm also struggling with whether or not to use either. For high level Dark Side Battles, it seems I need one, but for other game battles I find I don't need one. Any suggestions?
Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after me.

Replies

• Arham
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Talia is strictly average in most modes so I wouldn't invest too much into her. Daka on the other hand is really useful because of her reliable stun and revive ability as well as being able to heal.
    I would definitely farm daka as she can be great on arena defense because of Rng and is useful in ds battles. However, you can avoid both altogether by having old daka as an ally.
  • Options
    Thanx for your input!
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Tusken Shaman
  • Options
    Arham wrote: »
    Talia is strictly average in most modes so I wouldn't invest too much into her. Daka on the other hand is really useful because of her reliable stun and revive ability as well as being able to heal.
    I would definitely farm daka as she can be great on arena defense because of Rng and is useful in ds battles. However, you can avoid both altogether by having old daka as an ally.

When taking someones advice your first question should be what level do you have daka and talia?

My answer would be oh I have Daka to level 78 with 1st and 2nd abilities omega'ed (Max/Max/7/max), and Talia well she isn't as High at (7/7/7/max).

People do not run NS so most people do not know how awesome they are, Talia maxed is an awesome healer, she heals for 40% of ally max health plus she gives 30% TM and has 40% chance to gain 25% TM.

Yea but she kills herself to heal you? Uh, huh, and she is also the only character with a 100% LS on her basic.

She is a good healer and if you want to make DS battles easier use her and Daka.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Not meaning to sound like a troll, but... Uh... Both?

At least for Dark Side battles, why not use both and the Royal Guard? Talia's self-damage is a pretty minor thing when you consider the 40% she can heal for, the turn meter she gives, and the 1:1 self heal on her basic attack.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    In the long run you won't really need a healer, you can actually do enough damage at higher levels to just avoid needing one altogether. That said, Daka is by far the better choice due to her stuns. I still use her in GW along with RG and I can usually finish without having to use her heal more than twice.
  • Options
    I use either Poggle or HK leading 88 and 86 and GS with Talia and my DS battles go smoothly. All but Talia are 7* and VIII or IX gear. I did a tier 8 normal battle today on DS and cleared *** easily. It was the third one. I like having Talia there because I don't like seeing my droids get red or yellow health going into round three. Talia heals them and gives them the instant opportunity to finish the match.

Get both.
  • Alanis
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Daka and RG are the bomb. Put most any 3 decent characters with them and walk on through
  • Options
    I would recommend Daka, even though her attacks are pretty weak, her stuns are useful. Depending on RNG, you can even get 1 or 2 characters revived at once. I use her often in GW and she was helpful for unlocking harder Dark Side nodes.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    I have a gear 8 talia. With maxed abilities no omega. She collects dust. Her heal has too long of a cooldown. Others have said talia is meant to die to enable assajj. That's fine, but if true it means she's a bad character in most other situations.

Daka is great. More for her stuns than heals though. Preventing rey from dealing 15k damage is better than any heal
  • Options
    Talia easy to farm vs Daka a bit harder to farm
    I'd go with Daka..
    Yup stun , revive vs suicide!
    Revive wins lol
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    Options
    For DS tables you're better off running RG and Daka, paired with 3 big DPS. Talia has a strong heal, but its cooldown is too long and if she gets focused by the AI it makes using it very risky if you're trying to 3-star a mission.

If you're FTP, my suggestion for DS tables is this: Phasma(L), RG, Daka, 2 big assist callers (GS/86/etc), and borrow Dooku. Phasma is quick to farm as opposed to Dooku, and since everyone and their mother is running Dooku leads these days, it's much more efficient IMO to leave him as a borrowed toon and use Phasma as your lead. RG and Daka are a bit harder to farm, but I'd consider them indispensable for the DS table. GS and 86 are pretty easy farms, but any big DPS can work for those last 2 slots (though assist callers are nice for getting even more stuns).
  • SrDuese
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Great advice everyone! I have decided to work on Old Daka and GS farming. I think I invested too much resources into Savage & Asajj in the beginning. Too bad Maul & Vader are hard to level up or I would have a kick butt Sith synergy with a maxed Dooku, Sid & Savage already in the stable.
  • Options
    Daka is a top all around toon
  • Options
    Daka is easily the best. However, one decent use of Talia is in raids with her TM boost & she is very easy to farm.
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Finished the Dark Side battles only lacking the 3* in the last dificult (8-D) using Daka : revive usually allow you to get the 3* (not showing on the victory screen but counting nonetheless)
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Daka Daka Daka
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    SrDuese wrote: »
    I am stuck trying to decide on a Dark Side healer, Talia or Old Daka. I'm also struggling with whether or not to use either. For high level Dark Side Battles, it seems I need one, but for other game battles I find I don't need one. Any suggestions?

Personally I chose Talia, didn't even start Daka til about a month ago. Daka is too easy to kill. Talia receives 100% healing from her damage. Talia is Max 7*

I like Talia better.. still only have Daka as 5*, I manage to avoid using Daka for anything other than Savage challenge, don't even use Daka much in GW.. Talia is my goto healer for darkside.

Unfortunately dark side is weak in heals, so both would be good Dark battles difficult to be without a healer.

• Options
    DS missions normal/hard mode can be beaten without healers if you are able to nuke!
    This is what i did from lv1 to lv7 hard mode
    Healing helps on lv8
  • Options
    There are missions you absolutely need both.
  • Options
    There are missions you absolutely need both.

I didnt need until DS lv8
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    Options
    I have never needed to use Daka in a DS mission. Never. In that case, the best defense is a good offense. You can get away with neither. That said, Daka can e an annoying detterent on some arena teams. Her stunning is also helpful in GW or arena. She is worh a farm.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi