Do you think we should be given the option to exchange our Sidious & Fives for some other toons?

Prev134
Oliverwilliohelma
133 posts Member
edited May 2016
Although we can understand that game adjustment may be necessary, how it should be adjusted is another question and needs to give players informed choice before players spent a considerable amount of time on the aspects of the game that are affected by the adjustment.
Do you think we should at least be given the option to exchange the toons that are affected by game adjustment to make worth of our considerable amount of time spent acquiring them instead of us be the victim of the uninformed game change?

*Note: I just realized today that there has been a common misunderstanding of this poll question because I didn't express my intended poll question properly or accurately because there is words limit on poll question; furthermore, I realized that I haven't given good explanation for my intended poll question either in the description but misrepresented it.

So allow me to explain it properly this time:
My intention was NOT to exchange Darth Sidious and Fives for some other toons out of blue.
Here is my intended poll question that should be more properly and more accurately expressed:

If a player has acquired 330 shards for a toon since recently shortly before some uninformed game changes that make that toon much less useful, do you think it would be reasonable for there to be an "undo" button for the player to recover the time that is spent on those ill-informed 330 shards so that those 330 shards could be used to unlock a toon from the same shipment which the player would have otherwise unlocked instead?

Do you think we should be given the option to exchange our Sidious & Fives for some other toons? 345 votes

Yes, we should be given the option to exchange them for someone else.
14%
bombbadassGarthHelmetzaphodDeathstrokePoe_Dameron_BLK1MasterOneHitJedispliceJaceousprimeBaldoSalgado9SmiteSavageopjonniHershBathensGOfish52Altoon33DaKrakenCrusaderDARTH_TEDJed1johnson 51 votes
No, we shouldn't be given the option to exchange them for someone else.
85%
J7000The_Oklahoma_KidGenakumacosmicturtle333darksidePsychorbleeaauuhRonon_DexYOUniverseNaecabonAksterBreetaislmcmrclhsichotolotVarliedjlottBerdiliocryhavok79Bigfoot1080 294 votes
Post edited by Oliverwilliohelma on

Replies

• Options
    If you don't like it then get a refund if you spent real money on them.

If you haven't spent money then quit.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Would you have to give back all the crystals, credits, tokens those characters helped you earn in arena, GW, raids, etc?
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options

Does that actually work and how do you prove your case for a refund?
  • Options
    Fives is one of my main characters and rather powerful. I find Sidious on the other hand is easily taken out.
  • Oliverwilliohelma
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Would you have to give back all the crystals, credits, tokens those characters helped you earn in arena, GW, raids, etc?

Yes, I personally would.
    Maybe others would too.

On the other hand, I think you brought up a good point:
    Maybe only those who acquired them recently should be given the option to exchange them for some other toons.
    Post edited by Oliverwilliohelma on
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    When did Sidious get nerfed that would warrant any kind of consideration from the developers
  • Options

Why are you so indifferent and harsh?

It is a simple question.

If this question doesn't concern you, you don't have to reply.
    If this question does concern you, you are supposed to be reasonable to the question.
  • Jman1701
    103 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate where you are coming from and at some point we've all been stung by a "balancing update" in either this game or another.

I don't think it's really a viable option to let folks trade out like that. Ultimately, relative value of most characters will ebb and flow...Fives is still pretty good, might not be the anchor of your team but he's quite solid. Sidious has moved from my A team to my B team...still a useful character on the roster.

Consider if you were one of the folks that might have spent some time developing Royal Guard...suddenly he's a great edition to several team setups. Works both ways.

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    OP just move along.

• Options
    Once this door is opened, it can never be closed, and that's something I personally do not want.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't Sidious basically free? What changed with him recently that I missed?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to why you included Sidious in this?
  • Options
    Oh please. Get over yourself.
  • Oliverwilliohelma
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »
    OP just move along.
    Why is that?
    Please elaborate because I have hard time understand your opinion or argument or do you have a valid opinion at all?
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    OP just move along.
    Why is that?

Because if you had put any thought into your question you would have realized how outlandish it was.

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Nope, nope, nope.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

What do you mean by free?
    Neither Sidious nor Fives are free as they require acquiring shards from Arena shipment and Cantina shipment, which takes about 25-40 days.
    I think the changes that affect Darth Sidious are those:
    1. Darth Sidious relies on killing enemy toons to generate power; however, after protection is implemented, battle takes longer, thus he couldn't generate power fast enough to recover.
    2. Darth Sidious' potency was stealth nerfed to 0% for Galactic War balancing, thus his debuff almost don't land any more, especially when you play him.
  • Options
    nematocyte wrote: »
    Once this door is opened, it can never be closed, and that's something I personally do not want.

I can understand your points though vaguely.
  • Oliverwilliohelma
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    OP just move along.
    Why is that?

Because if you had put any thought into your question you would have realized how outlandish it was.

What kind of thought? Could you enlighten me please? Why outlandish? It is just a simple question seeking opinions and thoughts.
  • Options
    Oh please. Get over yourself.
    Why do I need to get over myself?
    Am I self indulgent?
    Can't you answer the question and give reasons instead of being non-constructive?
  • Options
    All 8 who marked "yes" are anonymous lol. You'll use Sid and Fives as fodder in GW or Arena someday so just stop investing and hold onto them!
  • Options

Why are you so indifferent and harsh?

It is a simple question.

If this question doesn't concern you, you don't have to reply.
    If this question does concern you, you are supposed to be reasonable to the question.

this is a question that concerns all and I have to say I agree with the turtle.
  • Options
    Like I've said before, just wait for the nerf bat to hit everyone else then 5's and Sid will be powerful again. At the rate they are going it won't take long.
  • Options

Simple and Correct..!
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yea you can have my Mace Windu and Eeth Koth for Fives. Keep Sidious. Deal?
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options

2. Darth Sidious' potency was stealth nerfed to 0% for Galactic War balancing, thus his debuff almost don't land any more, especially when you play him.

What are you smoking and why are you holding out? He lands plenty on me.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No one forced you to farm Fives and Sid. I find these posts funny for that reason. You farmed them because someone on the forum recommended them for you. This game is more fun when you use characters that you actually like not just the flavor of the month characters.
    Naecabon wrote: »

What do you mean by free?
    Neither Sidious nor Fives are free as they require acquiring shards from Arena shipment and Cantina shipment, which takes about 25-40 days.

They are free because you can obtain them without using actual real world money.

• Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Yea you can have my Mace Windu and Eeth Koth for Fives. Keep Sidious. Deal?
    Haha.
    No, I didn't mean to trade toons.
    I meant to exchange them for some other toons in their respective shipment.
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    No, just get another character and then whine about it later.
  • Options
    I'm curious as to why you included Sidious in this?

I included Sidious in this post not really because I am selfish (concern only for oneself regardless of others), but because it concerns me (relates to me, interest me, and worries me) because of the same drastic nerf: 1. His direct potency nerf. 2. His indirect Sadistic Glee nerf after implement of protection.