GW Shipments are lacking Jedi & Sith

MasterSeedy
5046 posts Member
Lumi is the only Jedi in GW Shipments.

On the other hand, CB Shipments has 3 Jedi.

There are ways to farm Jedi, especially in the Cantina Battles themselves, but CB shipments is the slowest form of farming that is actually reliable (about 5 shards/day). The only less reliable and more time-consuming methods are HardMode-only characters, Guild Store only characters, or opening thousands of Chromium packs.

We all need Jedi for the Yoda events. We also need Sith for Dark Side missions.

The GW shipments actually do a good job of offering characters from each of many different factions.

Teebo=ewok
Phasma=1st order
MagmaTrooper=Empire
CadBane=Scoundrel
Dathcha=Jawa
Biggs=Rebel

You have NightSister Initiate & Resistance Pilot.

Really, you've done a good job getting variety in there. But there's not a single Sith, and while we do have Lumi, no other faction requires you to get 5 members of that faction, all at 7*, in order to complete a game event. We're simply deficient in avenues for gaining Jedi.

Me, personally, I don't mind if you don't want to give away the best Jedi. As long as the character is serviceable,* we can use it to accomplish game objectives. The most obvious candidate, if you don't want to simply create another avenue for farming an already farmable character (like, say, Mace), is the Jedi Temple Guard. Since that toon is not currently playable, I don't know what it's powers are. They seem weak. Frankly, they seem even worse than the JKG, but the Kendo-inspired look is nice, and she doesn't need to have the same powers after you put her in GW Shipments that she has now. You can add a special and/or a unique to the playable version without changing the look of the current one.

But it would also be useful even if you made a character farmable in Cantina Battles available in GW Shipments - Plo Koon or Mace, for example. The point is that a single resource is now used for JKG, Ahsoka & QGJ - namely CB Tokens. A single resource is now used for farming Mace, Plo Koon, Jedi Consular & Old Ben - namely, Cantina Energy. This is simply too many Jedi sharing the same two resources, and inter-related resources, at that.

Although it's ridiculously hard to get more than one Jedi to 7* from a single resource, each of these characters **is** currently farmable. It won't break the game in any way to add a character currently available from Cantina Battles to GW shipments. (I think it would break the spirit of the game to add a character from CB Shipments to GW shipments, however.)

What it would do, though, is permit people to assemble the team you're asking them to assemble by bringing along another jedi in GW Shipments after a player already has Lumi. I would only suggest that it be Old Ben, Plo, or Mace and not Jedi Consular since JC & Lumi have very similar power sets.

As for Sith, both of the Shipment-farmable Sith are in Arena shipments, so they are in a situation not terribly different from the Jedi in CB shipments, though not as severe since it's 2 Sith not 3 and because Arena tokens are easier to get than CB tokens.

I recognize that EA/CG wants to make its money off of powerful new characters, and moving Dooku to GW shipments might not be what you want to do.

For this reason, I'm not sure what to recommend in terms of adding Sith to GW shipments, but it is clear that, even with all the work you've done to get a good mix of characters in GW Shipments, there needs to be a Sith in there.

I'm sure you're working on characters, and the Sith characters from the Old Republic are more diverse. Perhaps there's the possibility of a no-name Sith character from those days that could be placed directly in GW shipments without compromising your marketing strategy?

Out of answers on that one, but I hope that you do have a sith waiting in the wings that would be appropriate. GW needs it.

=============================
*meaning: at the very least significantly better than the Jedi Knight Guardian, but no better than, say, Mace is currently, or Eeth Koth, possibly even not quite as good. Current Plo Koon is somewhere between JKG & Eeth Koth - perhaps look to that as a minimum-power comparison for a playable Jedi Temple Guardian (even as, hopefully, you're reworking Plo Koon to be the toon he deserves to be).