Abilities upgrade bug

I have upgraded several characters' abilities with "cooldown -1“ upgrade. Instead these abilities cooldown became 1 turn longer, not shorter. One example here is Jedi Consular's Jedi Healing, which now takes 1 turn longer than before the upgrade. And I had couple more of the same with other characters and abilities. It is very annoying as upgrade items are scarce and now these hard-won upgrades just made my gameplay harder. I hope it will be fixed soon.

I also want to add that I have a friend in the game and he complains about the same bug with the Jedi Consular healing. So it's not just me.

Replies

• Options
    I've noticed this as well..
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    How has this not been fixed yet or on the known issues board?!?! This is constantly happening to me when I upgrade character abilities.

Fix this!!!!
    Post edited by Zalenira on
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    Bump
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Bump again until devs take notice and this is added to the list of known issues.

@EA_Jesse
  • Options
    Yeah, happened to me too, really **** me off. Fix it as soon as possible. For now i will look for another game.
  • Abbe_Tanaka
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Its not an issue with skill upgrade, its a visual Typo.

The problem is, on certain scenarios the tooltip for lvl 1 skills are showing the tooltip for lvl 3 or 4 skill instead. When you upgrade, the tooltip correct itself, but the ability seems "downgraded".

Its a known issue, and its only a visual nuissance. The Consular heal cooldown has always been 4 turns, 3 after the first CD reduction, regardless what the tooltip showed.

Simmilar issue here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1606/leader-skills-and-abilities-are-downgraded-when-upgraded-with-proof#latest

L
  • Options
    It's not only visual, when after upgrading Cad's second ability it's cooldown went from 2 turns to 3, and it directly affects my gameplay.
  • Options
    I was searching around for a topic like this.

Can someone confirm if its only a ability text error or are the abilities sent back when you upgrade?

Upgraded various abilities for the past days and when upgrading it shows its weaker/lower effects. Makes the question if upgrading until last level is availablenthe best way or is this extremely bugged?
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    It's really hard to plan out your team / characters, when the abilities are displayed so incorrectly - this seems to be the case for all characters. E.g. I got Luminara as it seemed she gave Jedi allies 11% evade and 4% heal every turn, half to non-jedi, but it turns out, once "upgraded" to level 2, there's no heal every turn until presumably higher levels.
  • Options
    There is one bug that is at least just visual. The odd thing that happened to me is JC had 4 turn heal CD before I hoped it to level 6. For one day it was a 3 turn CD and now it's back up to 4 today. Which is a HUGE difference especially with his normal attack prof chance where you could heal, light saber, and potentially heal again.
  • Options
    And it just randomly jumped back to 3... I don't know what the issue is. But I hovered over it and saw the difference and fought through the different CD
  • Options
    This bug appears to affect all abilities whose level ups give it a cooldown of -1. My Barris' heal regularly jumps back and forth between 4 and 5 turn cool downs. Yesterday it was back down to 4, today it's at 5 again. This is a serious bug and I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.
  • Options
    This just happened to me. Super excited to get the Consular heal from 3 to 2 turns. It has Always been 3 turns since i started mid dec. NOW instead of 2 turns like i expected its 4 turns! EA. U have to fix this FAST. Friends are quitting the game because of this. We are even paying for your product. Im out if this is not fixed within a few days!
  • ATCO
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ATCO wrote: »
    This just happened to me. Super excited to get the Consular heal from 3 to 2 turns. It has Always been 3 turns since i started mid dec. NOW instead of 2 turns like i expected its 4 turns! EA. U have to fix this FAST. Friends are quitting the game because of this. We are even paying for your product. Im out if this is not fixed within a few days!

So after googling. His ability should be 5 turns, then 4, then 3 at level 6. Uninstalled the game, reinstalled it and now its 3. it might jump back to 4 i don't know. time will tell. Doubble checked it in a fight, the cooldown was in fact 4 turns before uninstall and now it's 3 turns again. This means i've been cheating without knowing it for like a month having a 3 turn CD on my heal when it should have been 4. This ALSO means that i would have spent my matts and money on OTHER CHARS FIRST since the Consular isn't as good as i thought he was. Don't get me wrong he is still good but not awesome. I'm so dissapointed! really...
    Post edited by ATCO on
  • Options
    I upgraded the Jedi Healing ability of my Jedi Consular from 5 to 6 today. For a while, the cool down of the ability was properly 3, but after some battles, it went up again to 4. If I shut down the game and enter it again, the cool down correctly becomes 3. Please fix this.
  • Options
    It happened me too but it isnt problem just with JC i have this problem with coolldowns on QGJ or Chebacca too. I think there is hard problem with cooldowns at all. Etc. QGJ i had purchase cooldown on his second ability and now i have sometimes 3 and sometimes 4 turns cooldown especialy in squad arena batlles that same with his first ability and withother character. I wrote thisbug on support and still nothing is doing with it. And next problem is nowhere in the game isnt writen which are the basic stats for abilities or how are yours curent abilities at that level there is description but upgrades like +demage and cooldowns arent shown and u have no chance to compare it if thats working.
  • Anathien
    107 posts Member
    Options
    i did encounter the same thing with numerous characters.. opened a case 3 times and the case closed 3 times :/ so much for customer support.