Has anyone tried 7* Resistance Trooper?

So I finally got him to 7* today and he was a total beast in GW. And he's not even at max lvl (76 out of 79)!

The team of Phasma (Leader, 76lvl/7*/8g), RT (76/7/8), Royal Guard (78/5/8), Luminara (78/7/8), FOTP (76/4/8) just steamrolled over the late nodes of that GW.

The stars are obviously low with 2 of these toons, but nonetheless, I stumbled over only 1 ridiculous team with maxed Phasma, Grievous, RG, IG86 and FOTP. Finished it with 2 decent suicide squads and went on to triumph over the final node with the same team, with RT dealing the finishing blow to the last enemy standing.

RT's expose has hit like 8 out of 10 times, I hardly ever used his second ability. Maybe it's just good RNG, and/or weak enemies, but quite impressive still.

Replies

• Boxmint
    127 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like to know as well. Wondered about a resistance team earlier myself. Glad you're getting results though.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    A guild mate of mine has a g11 RT I have been able to borrow a couple of times. The damage output is great and with Poe lead his expose does indeed stick very often.

If you have the resources and can build a team with him you should go for him further
  • Options
    I think he would be amazing. Low star he hits hard. I can only imagine 7* gear 11
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    I am building an all-Resistance team. Already have RP and Rey 7 starred, would probably take a month to 7 star Poe and Finn. But RT is the problem - he's gonna be an incredibly slow farm. Thanks to him being the monthly login prize I have him at 110 shards now, so 220 are still needed. At 2 shards a day (out of 6 tries from 2 nodes on average) it's gonna take 110 days - 3 and a half months to finish him!! I just hope they will be worth it.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Hellcat wrote: »
    I am building an all-Resistance team. Already have RP and Rey 7 starred, would probably take a month to 7 star Poe and Finn. But RT is the problem - he's gonna be an incredibly slow farm. Thanks to him being the monthly login prize I have him at 110 shards now, so 220 are still needed. At 2 shards a day (out of 6 tries from 2 nodes on average) it's gonna take 110 days - 3 and a half months to finish him!! I just hope they will be worth it.

He is also in guild shipments so that can accelerate the farm
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    KeKattia wrote: »

He is also in guild shipments so that can accelerate the farm

I already blew all my guild coins on Rey, I think I should save them up for Droid Callers. I think I have to farm RT the hard way :(
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I already blew all my guild coins on Rey, I think I should save them up for Droid Callers. I think I have to farm RT the hard way :(

Yeah that is true. I am using all my coins for gear now because reward drops are full gear way too rarely -.-
  • DingleTingle
    210 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have RT currently maxed out except for omegas. There is good damage output & decent speed. Expose triggers at my expectations in arena. Not to bad to gear up compared to others. RT might be quite good if the +65% expose chance works with 65% potency. It will be awhile before I try it since I have other characters to omega first.
    I'll have to test out with Resistance team.

Edit: RT is currently in my arena team.
    Bye Forums.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

LMAO
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    I have him at 5* and run him in Galactic war and the Raid with my other Resistance guys (Poe lead, pilot and Rey) and he does quite well considering (even against the 7* purple gear teams)
    Manages to Expose the Rancor quite often,
    His durability seems a bit lacking (as he is almost always the first to die in galactic war) but other than that he isn't a bad character.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

LMAO

Glad you find it funny. I get in top 2 almost daily.
    Bye Forums.
  • Boxmint
    127 posts Member
    Options
    I have RT currently maxed out except for omegas. There is good damage output & decent speed. Expose triggers at my expectations in arena. Not to bad to gear up compared to others. RT might be quite good if the +65% expose chance works with 65% potency. It will be awhile before I try it since I have other characters to omega first.
    I'll have to test out with Resistance team.

Who do you run with him?
  • Options
    Phasma (L), RG, Rey, GS, RT. RG is only one that does not have max gear, but working on it. One piece away.

My team will change in a week or two. RT will not be there. He works for the time being.
    Bye Forums.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Have him at 98/100 so I'll have him at 7* tomorrow. He's pretty dang good at 6* already.
  • Options
    Interesting, I didn't know this one could shine when you invest in him. Looks like I'll be taking him out of my permanent low-level bench after all. I doubt I'll buy guild shipments though - Rey and JE are the only ones I want to spend my valuable guild coins on before I move to gear salvage.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • nickalleye
    35 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've been farming him the hard way since day one, and then luckily enough there were his shards in daily rewards for a month. Thanks to couple of guild store shipments I managed to build him up to 7*, and I'm happy he's paying off.

The resistance team idea looks very appealing to me.
  • Options
    Good luck with RT, I've farmed him for quite a while also. Finished him off in the guild shop.

I am undecided if finishing off the resistance team is worth it. It is a slow team. Draw back on RT is that multiple exposures on TM gain does not carry forward. So if you get 3 exposures at 55% turn meter you lose 65% plus where ever your turn meter is at. This would be a rare occurrence with Poe, but under current game dynamics you lose out. If it was to changed it would make it ridiculous by potentially taking 4 to 5 turns in a row under perfect circumstances.

I switched out RT for FOO temporarily. They are both about the same. FOO's Marching Orders can pass his return off to a better team member plus advantage. FOO will sit on the bench when my project is close to being finished.

Bye, my last post in forums. Still playing the game. I find more useful & constructive information in guild chat.
    Bye Forums.