Teebo - Removes 75% Turn Meter...

So while Teebo is stealthed it indicates that he will remove 75% turn meter on basic attack. This rarely ever happens, I saw it happen once on rancor and it went down like 20% instead of 75%. Is this broken, or does it have to do with tenacity and potency? Its really annoying to have it labeled as doing something it never does.

Replies

• Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    It does do it
  • Options
    It removes as much as it indicates but opponents gain back some immediately at times due to the next turn progress. I've seen TM drop from above 50% down to 0 so I know for a fact it is working as described.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • IamTex
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo's turn meter removal is frequently resisted. His potency apparently sucks.

Additionally, even when it applies, you may not see it go down by 75% as it is netted against the next turn and other impacts (eg turn meter boost) (as Valent_Antona already noted)
  • Options
    Teebo's basic ability is now just a ****. I am doing tier 5 today. got teebo to 5*. In stealth mode he got at least 6 chances, but not a single time he reduced the turn meter.

It will be very helpful and non confusing if EA updates his basic ability like '10% chance to remove turn meter'. If EA has nerfed Teebo then honestly admit it.
    With the present description of ability, he is very disappointing.
  • Options
    Need to have a toon with him that grants potency up
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have teebo gear 10 and omega basic. He lands his TMR quite often in T6
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

My teebo removes 100% turn meter
    Post edited by vincentlondon on
  • Options
    Awesome thanks for the replies. I am glad to know that it is working. Its a little janky but I am interested enough to invest resources to get him up to gear 8 or 9 now to increase potency and increase his chance to land it. That 100% though!
  • Options
    Ahh guess Ill just stick to gear 8. Thanks for the info.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    jedii_2040 wrote: »
    Teebo's basic ability is now just a ****. I am doing tier 5 today. got teebo to 5*. In stealth mode he got at least 6 chances, but not a single time he reduced the turn meter.

It will be very helpful and non confusing if EA updates his basic ability like '10% chance to remove turn meter'. If EA has nerfed Teebo then honestly admit it.
    With the present description of ability, he is very disappointing.

Hes not crap in the slightest, he very good. I see success about 75% of the time in arena. Raid is different due to the rancors crazy tenacity. Tier vii i have never seen hit, i stopped trying after 8 fails, tier vi is hard, about 50% maybe, if you can restart enough times you can hit it on most attempts, I've got 4/4 in a battle before.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo's potency is too low for it to stick every time as others mentioned. I can report though that I was able to once or maybe twice remove turn meter on Rancor in a heroic raid. I think the amount of attacks tried is ridiculous but the reason it doesn't work is that enormous tenacity of Rancor.
  • Options
    teebo used to work. but CG/EA decided to stealth nerf him a few weeks back.

funny they waste time to break a character's only useful ability yet they don't fix his leadership stealth bug, not to mention more important broken issues in this game like evasion or raid rewards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    For T5/T6 it is all about RNG for TM removal.
    If it fails retreat and try again. I have high TM removal by teebo in T5 and T6 vs Captain and Rancor.

And no you don't want it changed to 10% chance to remove. That would mean even less times it actually works. Right now it processes 100% of the time when stealthed but it can be resisted.
  • Options
    Algren wrote: »
    Hes not crap in the slightest, he very good. I see success about 75% of the time in arena. Raid is different due to the rancors crazy tenacity. Tier vii i have never seen hit, i stopped trying after 8 fails, tier vi is hard, about 50% maybe, if you can restart enough times you can hit it on most attempts, I've got 4/4 in a battle before.

I see your attachment to Teebo :smile:
    Believe me it is positive for me that at least he is working for someone. If you remember teebo become important for most player when Tank Challenge IV was introduced. It was not possible to beat Mace without Teebo. That is the first time even I learned about Teebo's skill and was way impressed. At that time in stealth mode he used to have 100% success.
    But now even in Tank Challenge he is hardly effective. That is when I got to know that his skill has been changed.
    For other toons who can do turn meter reductions, it is mentioned that there is certain percentage of them doing it. So if it does not work, still it can be digested. Nothing like that is said for teebo. so getting annoyed with him is very reasonable.

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    First of all you should be using chirpa as lead i stead of teebo. The dmg/tm boost gives more turns in the long run, and as far as tm reduction while stealthed when he is not leading, i have seen teebo get the tm reduction on both of his stealthed turns AND on the group atk from chirpa. (Thats 3 times his 75% tm down hit in a row) His potency wont make it stick everytime but when it works you smile... :)
  • Options
    From where does this concept of leader came in between. In teebo's basic ability it is not said that he will get help of leader. Chiwe, QGJ, han all do TM reduction on their own.
    All work for me except this little guy. Actually both the little guys. Yoda also hardly does TM reduction. :smile:
    But I agree, whoever does TM reduction, it brings a huge smile.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    lunarwolf wrote: »
    teebo used to work. but CG/EA decided to stealth nerf him a few weeks back.

funny they waste time to break a character's only useful ability yet they don't fix his leadership stealth bug, not to mention more important broken issues in this game like evasion or raid rewards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't call it stealth nerf but rather fixing a bug. Up until the point they made TM reduction resistible every toon that had that ability had guaranteed reduction by using that ability. And believe me, you want to resist when facing a clone team with Sergeant.
    jedii_2040 wrote: »

For other toons who can do turn meter reductions, it is mentioned that there is certain percentage of them doing it. So if it does not work, still it can be digested. Nothing like that is said for teebo. so getting annoyed with him is very reasonable.

Not for all. As mentioned Clone Sgt has 100% chance to remove TM on his AoE, so does Poe on his taunt. For all three of them the reduction procs 100% of the time, but all have low potency so it is resisted quite often.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo is maybe the most broken toon atm. His leader don't work or is counterproductive with his special, Rancor sometimes roars stealth away but not all the time, his description is obviously wrong considering Fives' "fix", Teebo reads that he will always remove 75-100% TM.

But ye 1 bugfix for all these broken characters is awesome. GJ EA/CG, by the time we hit 2020 we might have working toons that fit their description.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Teebo is maybe the most broken toon atm. His leader don't work or is counterproductive with his special, Rancor sometimes roars stealth away but not all the time, his description is obviously wrong considering Fives' "fix", Teebo reads that he will always remove 75-100% TM.

That always is that it always will proc, that doesn't mean the enemy toon can't resist it. Teebo is not the only toon with the ability to inflict TM reduction 100% of the time. All of the toons I know have that ability though have horribly low potency though. As long as they are properly geared they do their job in regular battles though. Raid is different because Rancor and the pigs have higher tenacity so the chance for them to resist the TM reduction in higher.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    Need to have a toon with him that grants potency up

I know Kit Fisto can do potency up, but he's limited to chromium cards or crystal shipments.
    I can't remember anyone else having this ability...
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    His description says he will apply it, not a chance to apply it.
    But every description is pretty much broken in this game.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    His description says he will apply it, not a chance to apply it.
    But every description is pretty much broken in this game.

Same is with Lumi. She has 100 % of ability blocking, but she quite rare does.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    All abilities that apply or remove buffs/debuffs have 2 parts to the application process.

Chance that it will process, this is % listed in ability.
    Chance that it will be applied/resisted, this has to do with tenacity/potency.

Off the top of my head charaters that have 100% chance of doing something with abilities that can have effects resisted
    Rex, QGJ, Asajj, Talia, Sun Fac, Sid. I know there are more.

The problem with Teebo TM reduction is Teebo's potency. It does process 100% of the time when he is stealthed it is just resisted.

The resistance is a product of rng which is either good or bad. Retreating during the Raid will change RNG.