"Connection error" Ios device

Prev1
I have my game in gamecenter and i had a login issue changed my apple id password and started the game. It started the new account demo. I exited game checked my gamecenter and re logged in it showed my account achievements then i started game up and I tried to play my arena now it says "connection error" whenever i try to do anything in game. It shows my account home page but try anything and same message occurs.. Any one have Ideas? Please help.

Replies

• Options
    I have my game in gamecenter and i had a login issue changed my apple id password and started the game. It started the new account demo. I exited game checked my gamecenter and re logged in it showed my account achievements then i started game up and I tried to play my arena now it says "connection error" whenever i try to do anything in game. It shows my account home page but try anything and same message occurs.. Any one have Ideas? Please help.
  • Options
    Has anyone been able to open the game successfully but once you try to go into any of the sections from the cantina, you get a "Connection Error Try Again" message? I know it's not my internet connection as other devices and even apps are currently working.
  • Options
    I can't get in more than 1 battle at a time today!
    Connection error ever time I play. No problems with any other games!!
    whats going on people???
  • Options
    just posted a similar problem..
    all morning long.
  • Options
    Same here.
  • Options
    Me too mine started at midnight. And I can't even do anything...
  • Options
    I posted similar problem. Mine started at midnight.
  • Options
    I have the same problem. It seems IP specific. If I disabled Wi-fi and try again with just my 4G network, it works again.

Not a really worthy solution tho. The data cost is probably too much if we do our dailies while wi-fi is out.
  • Options
    I have the same problem. It seems IP specific. If I disabled Wi-fi and try again with just my 4G network, it works again.

Not a really worthy solution tho. The data cost is probably too much if we do our dailies while wi-fi is out.
  • Options
    Does anyone have any help 12 hrs down now..
  • Options
    Having the same problem here, been going on for hours. IOS player, if that matters.
  • Options
    I am having the same problem. I have checked my wifi connection and all other apps work as does safari. I am using an iPad mini 3. My user name is captainp77 and ally code is 953-122-362. It was working at first but as I completed my first challenge the connection error notification popped up. I rebooted my iPad twice but nothing helps.
  • Options
    captainp77 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem. I have checked my wifi connection and all other apps work as does safari. I am using an iPad mini 3. My user name is captainp77 and ally code is 953-122-362. It was working at first but as I completed my first challenge the connection error notification popped up. I rebooted my iPad twice but nothing helps.

I'm having the same problem, and also using an iPad mini. Also tried to reboot, and that didn't help.
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know everyone, I'm reporting this to the game team.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • wallie
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Having this same issue for nearly 24 hours now. On wifi eastcoast brighthouse/time warner. Playing on IOS.
  • Options
    Same here. u_u Started last night.
  • Shady
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Received "connection error: there is a error with your connection" error last night (5/22/16) around 10:30 PM and still haven't been able to log in. I can log in when I'm NOT on wifi, which is weird.
  • Options
    This started for me after doing the latest IOS update
  • Options
    Same problem here. Brighthouse central time zone began last night
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem. I was ok this morning, then got kicked out about 915 this morning please help
  • Kalitan
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm having the same problem on my iPad.
    Update: Per another post in this thread, changing my wifi DNS from Brighthouse (Florida) to Google server's works. So, it appears that Brighthouse recently made a change to their DNS that is blocking game connection.
    Post edited by Kalitan on
  • captainp77
    27 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. Followed all the steps to log out and back into Game Center but still having the issue
  • Options
    I am having a heck of a time getting anything done today.. keeps kicking off
  • Options
    I can't get anything done in game because I'm constantly losing connection. Also on iPad. I tried the tips posted in the sticky thread. Nothing solves this issue. If I restart my iPad completely, the game will load, but everytime I try to do something, arena, raid battles, purchase shipments, etc, I get a loading screen then a connection error.

Everything else on my iPad runs fine, this game is the only thing giving me problems.
  • BWhitley515
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Same issue all day. If I go into settings and disconnect/reconnect my wifi it will let me finish a battle, or at least it did with the guild wars. But, if I try to modify any characters, or even log in at this point, it won't let me in... Please fix!!!
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

Team is looking into this more. Also, I merged all the separate threads on this issue.

Could one of you upload a screenshot showing the error you are encountering? Or post the exact error message you are receiving (as well as the error code)?

Thanks.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • wallie
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Here is a temporary solution that worked for me:

Change your wifi DNS to googles.

To do so go to settings - wifi - tap on the wifi you are currently using - tap the DNS section - delete the current DNS number then type this exactly:
    8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4
    ...then hit the wifi back button in the top middle. Then restart your wifi. Then restart the game.

You may want to save the old DNS number to revert later.

Hope this helps.
  • Mol_Zibby
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It just says "Connection error. There is a problem with your connection." with the green "try again" button. If you push the button, it just pops up the error over and over until you force quit the game.

I'm on ios, using an ipad mini, and with Brighthouse cable, if that's helpful also.
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue on my ipad
  • Options
    I've had the same issue... Haven't been able to complete even one battle. This has been going on since 12 midnight. Ipad...bright house... Eastern time zone.

The error message is just a green bar that says try again bc of a connection error.
    5 min ago was the first time I could even equip gear... B4 I couldn't do anything... Btw my internet connection is fine and I have restarted the game numerous times.