Do you use tanks in Arena??

My 3 tanks have a lot of health but they aren't powerful enough to make a hughe damage. Watch my latest GoH Videos on YouTube, Search for " niclasreus". Have fun

Replies

• Dayma
    260 posts Member
    Options
    I use STH (lead) and RG. They are an insane combo.
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    Options
    me too. plus lumi, ig86 and gs. i have moved up noticeably since getting sthan, (saint han!) to a new high of 36, and crucially seem to fall down less overnight.
  • Bialaska
    74 posts Member
    Options
    I used Old Ben (Lead) and RG. Currently I use only RG. I have a very hard time imagining running tankless, as RG gives me the room to heal my squishy damage dealers.
  • TemperTantrumRen
    407 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I get that nagging feeling I should. I've not trained up STH enough and need to bring RG right up to the cap. However, I'm happy with what I currently run and a little undecided on who I can swap out (probably Dooku). Having fought squads with RG geared up nicely, I don't see him as much of a challenge, but having the extra defense couldn't hurt either.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Zephon
    122 posts Member
    Options
    I'm running RG in my arena team for a couple of weeks already.

But I am running RG with Savage Opress and Kylo - both of whom have tank-like armor.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Most everyone uses a taunter and taunters are tanks. RG and ST Han being the most popular.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Very few teams in my arena without a taunter which defend worth a darn and aren't a droid team.

One all jedi team (and they have Ben and two conterattackers and 4 omegas), JE droids, and that's about it.

Every other team without a taunter is higher rank. There are only a couple of these guys in top 50 any given time. I think you will find a lot more non tank teams when you look at the higher ranks of arena. AI is too dumb to play your non taunt team very well.
  • Options
    I use RG on my team (AA lead, Leia, QGJ, 5's, RG).
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    Most everyone uses a taunter and taunters are tanks. RG and ST Han being the most popular.

Bah Humbug I've not used a taunt in weeks,lol.
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I just swapped Han into my arena team, so I'm now running Han(L), RG, Lumi, QGJ, and GS. Thought about putting Lumi in the leader spot, but figured Han's leader ability is better since I only run 2 Jedi. Dunno.

I actually had swapped Lumi out for Daka in my old Phasma-led team, but decided to put her back in. I love Daka, but running 2 tanks I really need a bit more DPS, which Lumi brings. And most importantly, while Daka is a healer the AI will never use her heal until someone is dead. The issue with that is I think you really need a good healer to pair with RG and Han, both to keep Han alive and also to be able to get injured teammates back over 50% health so RG's taunt can trigger more than once.
  • Options
    I run Old Ben And Saint Han in the arena...It is hard to dispell a taunter when ability blocked (while doing less damage)