How to be a good Ally

Shobloth
10 posts Member
edited May 2016
This post is for those who don't know how ally characters are assigned when you "borrow" a character from an ally.

Basically each event or battle on the light or dark side remembers which of your characters you had as leader for that battle. So I've found that later in the game we're seeing the same 3 characters as available help.

Further the leader you choose for challenges is what's available to your ally's to borrow.
So! If you want to mix it up a bit and help your ally's on lower battles:

Use a unique character to lead in battles that you are now able to sim. Keep in mind that a borrowed character death does not affect the star rating of an ally so having a second leader ability is not always ideal. I throw Stormtrooper Han on some or even my FOTP just because he's fun.

I'd love to put together an index of the best characters for each battle but I don't have the time. So for instance on the battles that are swarmed with droids put someone who helps mitigate droid damage, stun them or a tank like RG. This is a list of Characters IMHO are most useful to lend out:

-Daka on lower levels
-RG
-St Han
-FOTP, REY , Leia
-Ewok elder
-Any assist characters
-Barriss
-5's or FOST for the counters
-Darth Maul for fun on Jedi infested levels
-Healers like JC or Talia

Just my thoughts, getting bored of seeing 5 Phasmas, Lumi & Dooku as my options
Post edited by Shobloth on

Replies

• Options
    Shobloth wrote: »
    This post is for those who don't know how ally characters are assigned when you "borrow" a character from an ally.

Basically each event or battle on the light or dark side remembers which of your characters you had as leader for that battle. So I've found that later in the game we're seeing the same 3 characters as available help.

So! If you want to mix it up a bit and help your ally's on lower battles:

Use a unique character to lead in battles that you are now able to sim. I throw Stormtrooper Han on some or even my FOTP just because he's fun.

Finally this is a list of Characters IMO are most useful to lend out:

-Daka on lower levels
    -RG
    -St Han
    -FOTP, REY , Leia
    -Ewok elder
    -Any assist characters
    -Barriss
    -5's or FOST for the counters
    -Darth Maul for fun on Jedi infested levels
    -Healers like JC or Talia

Just my thoughts, getting bored of seeing 5 Phasmas, Lumi & Dooku as my options

Good advice!
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    Options
    I leave a maxed rey for my allies.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

S

Honestly I would rather they just change the method so you can go into an allys full roster and select a "borrow" a hero. Why make it so needlessly complicated?
  • Shobloth
    10 posts Member
    Options

S

Honestly I would rather they just change the method so you can go into an allys full roster and select a "borrow" a hero. Why make it so needlessly complicated?

I would also prefer that
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nice idea to give some more variety, but hardly any of those are leaders so you wouldn't get the additional leader benefit. Still, better to have more choice I suppose if some do and some don't.

S

- yes this would be much better.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've always wondered how this works. Is it the same for challenges? Each individual challenge uses the last leader I used?

If so, I think I have a maxed out Savage, Lumi, Phasma, and Tarkin floating around out there.
  • Shobloth
    10 posts Member
    Options
    I've always wondered how this works. Is it the same for challenges? Each individual challenge uses the last leader I used?

If so, I think I have a maxed out Savage, Lumi, Phasma, and Tarkin floating around out there.

Yes, it's the same for challenges
  • DarthSLR
    66 posts Member
    Options

That would definitely help!
  • Options
    Well my allies get Rex out of me so at least I'm different lol
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I always put RG out there for dark side as the one issue with RG is that he sometimes dies because of his taunt. And deaths of your ally don't affect 3 star.

Then I put Rey LS because she is a killing machine that everyone should get to play with.
  • Shobloth
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    Nice idea to give some more variety, but hardly any of those are leaders so you wouldn't get the additional leader benefit. Still, better to have more choice I suppose if some do and some don't.

it's not always about the leader, like Greg said RG eating a death and all that damage can save a 3 star for an ally because a borrowed character doesn't affect the star rating
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    it's not always about the leader

That's why I wrapped the qualifying statements around it. It's still a valid point to make that you are forfeiting the additional leader ability. Not everyone may have realised.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com