Jawa Engineer

Speakender
108 posts Member
edited May 2016
The picture says if all. 7 bombs, still killed Fett the hard way. Jawa engineer needs to have these bombs on a remote detonator. Basically, they could operate the same as now, but you add a 4th attack which triggers the bombs. If you can't do that, then just give him that grenade the storm troopers use. Right now his attack basically does zero damage. Sure, you can drop bombs on a different target, but in the image I killed both Droids and Fett before any of the 7 bombs went off.

i.imgur.com/QGAsaGS.jpg

Replies

• Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    Options
    +1 to the detonator button or make it that they are chained together so that when one goes off they all go off. Don't want him to be OP but when he is called for an assist you basically get no damage from him at all.

I actually like the detonator idea for any grenade thrower and the chain idea. If any grenade blows that is on a character blows they all blow.

Plus he is useless on offense against Yoda battle meditation as his only attack is a debuff which is auto resisted, can't do damage and if Yoda is lead also gives turn meter to the person attacked. If there was ever a reason for a skip turn button it's this
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    When are they supposed to detonate? Boba's turn or JE's turn? I encountered something similar earlier in same challenge. Except suddenly they went off and Boba was gone. I'm just getting started with him, and so far I'm uncertain of how his basic attack really works. It definitely shouldn't be resisted.
  • Options
    Yeah chain reaction would be a must, if the remote detonator option is used. Also, while it's handy in some situations for the bomb to be treated like a status effect, I think it causes more issues with status resist. It needs to be treated like any other attack that can be dodged or blocked, but not resisted, whereas now it gets all 3.
  • Speakender
    108 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have no Idea. I've seen characters take at least 1 turn, if not 2 while having bombs on them. Clearly JE was able to take 7 turns from the image, so it has nothing to do with his turn. I really would like remote detonator. It'd be unique and fun. Here's my JE concept:

Jawa engineer
    Miniaturized Detonator
    STICKY BOMBS (basic): Throw a sticky bomb on target enemy. This attack can be dodged, but not resisted. Bombs detonate when triggered or when Jawa Engineer dies. (NO COOLDOWN ON THIS)
    DETONATOR (basic): Deal low damage to target enemy. If that enemy has any sticky bombs, they all detonate doing lots of damage (Think 1000-2500 per bomb based on level skill). (NO COOLDOWN ON THIS)
    PATCH UP: NO CHANGE
    RECALIBRATE (special): NO CHANGE
    CRUNCH TIME (leader): Jawa Engineer has +9 speed for each Jawa or Droid Ally. Droid and Jawa allies gain half this speed and gain 20% increased protection.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    He isn't there to do damage though. He is balanced around not doing any damage and making the droids OP again.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    He isn't there to do damage though. He is balanced around not doing any damage and making the droids OP again.

And is he doing this? He'd be better if he had a basic wet noodle attack than what he has now. Right now, he has 2 functional abilities. He doesn't make Droids any better. Sure, he can rez a Droid, but that not an offensive ability or improving your Droids. He also can give Droids crit chance up and turn meter, but I think I bet a Dps toon will do more damage than increased turn meter and crit chance up, meaning there's no reason to use JE, especially if my focus was Droids. There's no reason to run Jawas over Lobot right now, and engineer could change that with the right abilities.
  • Options
    Imo he's great. Dont do all droids. I did Hk lead,IG88,ig86, JE, jawa
    JE basic buffs jawa's basic
    (it'd actually be cool if jawa's basic consumed detonators for higher damage)

Also, if it were made impossible for ig86 to call on JE for an assist that'd be nice cuz it is very sad when that happens