Darth Vader

First off I want to say there are many chars that need attention, even more so then Darth Vader, but he is Darth Vader and his current iteration is just unacceptable.

I've been playing since mid February and have a good knowledge of chars, abilities, etc and feel this is what he is lacking.

#1 His basic attack damage is too low, especially being designated an attacker. I get there are many reasons other then damage for being designated as an attacker but due to his special cool down rate being so slow he relies on this more then some. And being Darth Vader should entitle him to a damage bonus. Current basic damage @ cap is between 2792-3084 ...way to low, and with how many have him at 4*-5* because his shards are so rare it's even lower. I have him @ Lv.72/5*/Gs9 and his basic hit between 1500-1800 with crit hitting at avg 2500. That sucks, especially with how much resources ($) I've dumped into him. At the level I have him at I'd be happy with 2200-3000 crit'n at 4500, which would put his dmg range at cap somewhere between 3k-4k crit'n at 5.5k+ which is not unreasonable and still under what a lot of current no names deal. It's time and it's deserved.

#2 Shard rate. It's way to low, but I get it, he is Darth Vader and we should have to work towards powering him up. But at the current rate even the richest whale will never 7* him ...ever. and this is just another reason why his basic damage should be increased.

#3 He has no Unique Ability. Being Darth Vader should entitle you to a Unique Ability. Maybe something geared towards debuffing Jedi or increasing damage output, which would kill 2 birds with one stone (#1&#3) Honestly all unique chars should have a unique ability, they are unique after all.

There's other issues with him but I see these as the major 3. I'm sure I'll rant more later on to prove my case even further but as of right now most laugh at him ...he is Darth Vader, you do not laugh at Darth Vader.

So please EA/CG ...do right by us and Vader and give him some attention. #3 seems the most logical, 2 birds 1 stone thing and all. It would only make everyone happier, especially the f2p who don't have access to many. Thanks

@EA_Jesse
@EA_johnsalera
@EA_lucifersdaddy

Replies

• Alanis
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Don't you feel like they are saving him for an Event like Yoda or Guild Raid? At 7* be would be a Monster
  • Options
    Wait until someone gets him to 7*, until then it's waaaaaay to early to tell.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Dearth Vader is amazingly powerful even at 5 stars...

I agree that I wish his shards were more accessible and there should be more achievements to award them. Maybe one day I will have him at 6 stars.

Regardless he is very solid overall in my opinion...

His basic (with omega) has an 80% ability block chance which is incredibly useful... No resists or dodge for Jedi (awesome vs Yoda and QGJ)

Force crush wears down protection/ hp's very well and can add speed down with an omega... and it helps set up his final offensive skill

Culling blade is the highest single damage attack in the game when set up properly. It's truly amazing when it all comes together... I can't say enough about how powerful and useful it is when used properly.

Here's are some examples!

In challenges...

IQPuspH.jpg

vs. the rancor...

4duoC9j.jpg

In arena...

Gmqye2G.jpg

"If you only knew the power of the dark side"
  • Options
    Wow. Nice
  • GrimmVonHell
    338 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    And this is why he will stay weak, be ignored, and never feared ...smh
  • Options
    I hate him, but only in the right team, at the right level and only in GW. His specials have the ability to two-shot any of my chars, so in GW, when he is 5* and with protection, I need to get rid of him before I lose someone and he takes *a lot* of damage before he dies. When he's backed up by taunter(s) and a couple of other hard hitting chars, it gets very tricky deciding how to play the fight, or even which chars to bring (do I try to burn down, or do I bring a tanky-healy squad and hope to survive it)

At other times, when he's 4*, or without protection, I can leave him alone without fearing a two-shot, or I can burn him down fairly quickly.

I suspect he's going to get very strong at 6 and 7*.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    I hate him,

I suspect he's going to get very strong at 6 and 7*.

It even says so in the Dev notes
  • Options
    From those screen shots, I would say he pairs well with Leia. Father / Daughter combo for the win.