Jawa Engineer Question

UlicQ
198 posts Member
Does anyone know if the engineers Rez is bugged? I just fought a battle with 3 droids, him and poggle. After the first droid went down I fired off the Rez, but the droid didn't come back.

The description doesn't say there's a chance of Rez it says random droid. If only 1 is killed shouldn't that be the "random" Rez?

Replies

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    never had it fail
  • Options
    I've never had it fail on me either
  • Options
    That's weird I have also never seen it fail.
  • Gypsyjen
    67 posts Member
    Options
    It's worked for me every time.
  • Options
    60% of the time, it has worked every time for me as well.
  • Options
    Was this in Raid? Was he Deathmarked or eaten by the Rancor?
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Just unlucky rng. Better luck next time :neutral:
  • Options
    Never failed for me either...
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    It was during a raid but hewasn't eaten by the rancor. Can't remember if he was death marked now. Will have to test again. If he wasn't would RNG have to do with it? That's my original question. Is it a chance to Rez or just a random Rez?
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    Second question: what's the timer on his attack? It says it goes off in 1 turn, but who's turn does that mean. I had 3 of them on a toon at one point and none of them exploded. In fact I don't think I've seen him do a single point of damage yet.
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    Has no one else noticed the odd timing on his attack?
  • Options
    UlicQ wrote: »
    Second question: what's the timer on his attack? It says it goes off in 1 turn, but who's turn does that mean. I had 3 of them on a toon at one point and none of them exploded. In fact I don't think I've seen him do a single point of damage yet.

It's based off of the other character's turns. You're probably killing the other character too quickly. Also if you mean you haven't seen a single point of raid damage you are right, he always ends up with 0. Since his bombs are a debuff they don't count towards his total but you will see it added at the bottom.
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    Well I meant I'd never seen him do any damage period, as the bombs seemingly never go off.

I've seen a couple explode now, but hey take forever. And it doesn't seem like it's based on the victim's turn, as I've seen them take multiple turns with the bomb debuff on without exploding...
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    I find the bombs to be pretty useful cause they don't trigger a counter. So if I'm facing fives, whenever JE comes up with his specials on cooldown, I roll one of those bombs over to fives and go back to focus firing the opponent's dps target like Rey. I leave fives for last, but by the time I get there, he's already in the yellow from 4-5 JE bombs. Easy to finish off. Could also do the same for dooku but I prefer to stun him with rg and focus fire.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    60% of the time, it has worked every time for me as well.

:p
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    opu120 wrote: »
    I find the bombs to be pretty useful cause they don't trigger a counter. So if I'm facing fives, whenever JE comes up with his specials on cooldown, I roll one of those bombs over to fives and go back to focus firing the opponent's dps target like Rey. I leave fives for last, but by the time I get there, he's already in the yellow from 4-5 JE bombs. Easy to finish off. Could also do the same for dooku but I prefer to stun him with rg and focus fire.

Right. That's what I've been doing now, but I'd still like some clarification from the devs or someone on when it "should" be exploding, so you can plan those attacks better.

"1 turn" doesn't really seem to be the case be it from the attacker or victim's perspective.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    UlicQ wrote: »
    opu120 wrote: »

Right. That's what I've been doing now, but I'd still like some clarification from the devs or someone on when it "should" be exploding, so you can plan those attacks better.

"1 turn" doesn't really seem to be the case be it from the attacker or victim's perspective.

It's been pretty consistent for me: exploding not when the victim goes next, but the time after that. Hope that helps. So skip a turn.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    It blows up on the turn FOLLOWING their current turn. Every time. I am still debating on Jawa Engineer.

I have been running my Droid team ( HK(l), IG 88, 86, GG, and JE) but with Han coming out.. he effectively neuters this team. Being able to stun JE makes droids 10000000 % worse.... and basically unplayable...

I know I know "but barrok, not everyone will have Han, and definitely not soon!" Well guess what, if you are playing at the top 10 level, and even a couple people have him.. you are in trouble.

He is way worse than Rex as a counter.
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    but barrok, Han has like 40% potency that's 20% less than xxx panther. :*
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    zerizut wrote: »
    but barrok, Han has like 40% potency that's 20% less than xxx panther. :*

@Barrok You're right, the entire battle will depend on (a) whether Han's first shot targets JE - 20% chance when opponent is AI, and 100% chance when you're on defense; and (b) whether his stun sticks - I estimate 70% chance given droid tenacity without any evasion and Han potency. So on offense you've got 85% chance to win (assuming an auto win with your squad if JE isn't stunned) and on defense 30% chance. Still not bad, but no longer close to 100% (with the exception of Rex-led teams - gotta love clones beating droids!)

Frustrating that with all the diversity of teams these days (which I think is great) we're basically back to the old "which Poe goes first" coin flip.
    Post edited by opu120 on
  • Options
    This is the droid team you're looking for https://swgoh.gg/u/jinsaotome/
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."