We need a "fighter" tag, between Attacker and Tank

Sikho
1088 posts Member
They are many characters in this game that belong to this category: Fives, Savage, or Kylo for example.
These are tanky attackers.

Unlike tanks, they focus more on damage and usually have less utility and crowd control.

Unlike attackers, they aren't fragile and can
take a pounding easily. They often gain something from it.

Possible candidates: Fives, Savage, Kylo, Nightsister Initiate, Magmatrooper, Tusken Raider, Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura, Vader, FOST, JKA.

This would prevent confusion on heroes' roles.

Replies

• Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This is the classic tank class, actually, from before taunting became a thing in gaming. A tank is big, slow, does heavy damage and has lots of armour. It's a problem to ignore because it will pound you but it is difficult to take out.

When was the last time you saw a real life tank taunt its opposition?

In a way, the need to add taunting was a failure on the part of game developers to make their tanks balanced. They were too easy to ignore.
  • Options
    I normally agree with 90% of your posts Sikho... but this ain't one of them :p

The attacker/support/tank classification system shouldn't be overthought. In my mind it's just there to provide a little help to people when they first start navigating around the game and working out how different toons could roughly synergise, and to construct somewhat arbitrary divisions for the sake of the challenges. Once you have a stronger feel for the characters, the classification system ideally becomes redundant. In all, I don't see how an additional category would help rather than confuse new players or change how experienced players think about toons.
  • Options
    I normally agree with 90% of your posts Sikho... but this ain't one of them :p

The attacker/support/tank classification system shouldn't be overthought. In my mind it's just there to provide a little help to people when they first start navigating around the game and working out how different toons could roughly synergise, and to construct somewhat arbitrary divisions for the sake of the challenges. Once you have a stronger feel for the characters, the classification system ideally becomes redundant. In all, I don't see how an additional category would help rather than confuse new players or change how experienced players think about toons.

Man you nailed it on the head. And just for Sikhs sake the category is usually called bruiser.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    is it really that important to give them their own "tag" ? it would just limit your options for the challenges, not worth it just to have a more accurate tag imo.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I don't think Kylo falls into the heavy damage class lol
  • Options
    Tanky Attackers = Bruisers
  • Options
    Womp_Womp wrote: »
    I don't think Kylo falls into the heavy damage class lol

Not according to stats on basic attack, but based on rampage(more damage per toon than basic) and outrage, and the fact he can reuse them over and over again, he stacks up numbers pretty quick. Add that in with a higher health pool than savage, he'll be cutting people up all day.
  • Womp_Womp
    282 posts Member
    Options
    Umm, you realize it's very difficult to keep him under 50% health as he will more then likely die right after so you get one use out of that ability, there's a reason he's never in arena teams lol
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Can I be a fighter/Mage/thief?
  • Options
    Even being above 50% outrage is still hitting at ~4k. He is in arena, but I agree, you won't find him in top 10, due to the ridiculous meta, but I've used him and made it to top 20. With phasma as support, he really shines.

Besides, arena is a very small part of this game.