Are Jedi teams still a thing? Or even possible?

I am a f2p player so characters like Aayla and kit are definitely out of a Jedi team for me. The reason why I'm pushing this and not something like a clone or rebel team is because I feel like I'm too far gone with my Jedi team. I have 7 * lumi 6 * old Ben 6 * mace 6 * Yoda 6 * JC nearly 7 * qgj and a 4* Barris I've been farming a lot. And while that's not all I have. I also have 7 * savage 7 * sid. It's just not enough. I do have low level characters that I see are very popular right now like phasma, rg, fives, dooku. But they are all around 4/5 * so I can't really use them yet. So tell me what you guys think, and some suggestions so I know what to farm

Replies

• Options
    I'm not a big pro, but I used to run jedi team and max I could reach was top 50 (sometimes), usually top 100 was my spot. I changed to 5* RG, 6* Phasma and suddenly I started ending in top 20. I still keep farming chars from current meta and with ~30k power I can end in top 10 (depends on day, I'm usually 5-15) and the only 2 jedis I'm using are yoda and QGJ. It's sad, but there's no point going jedi team, even with 32k power I have with jedi team, I would never get so high rating.
  • Options
    That depends on your style of play. I sport an all out jedi-Team, because i like the starwars-movies. I dont care about my ranking.
    My tip: start farming UGD. He is a really good jedi, tanky, good damage and a very good kit.
    With the appearance of Cad (check his terrible anti-jedi -kit) jedi-only teams will have a very hard time in the near future.
    But: metas come and go...
  • Options
    Well if I do decide to move away from a Jedi team what else should I do?
  • Darthbane
    75 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes and yes. Is is the top their? No but it's definatly not horrible and pve it's near the best
  • Options
    Darthbane wrote: »
    Yes and yes. Is is the top their? No but it's definatly not horrible and pve it's near the best
    Well then what do you think is the best Jedi team to run?
  • Options
    The easyiest way by far for f2P are droids+Poggle. They hit very hard and are easily farmable. They will get you quite far, if thats what you want.
    Rebels are also an easy option. Akbar, Han, Luke and Biggs are in the shipments, the rest in the cantina.
    Or some funny mixup from the shipments..
  • Options
    I cant imagine that a jedi team with QGJ leading Rey couldn't be competitive. I would pair it with Lumi and Royal Guard.
  • Options
    How successful would a Jedi team with Barris lead, lumi, qgj, Yoda, and either mace/obi/Jc be?
  • Options
    banjo1071 wrote: »
    The easyiest way by far for f2P are droids+Poggle. They hit very hard and are easily farmable. They will get you quite far, if thats what you want.
    Rebels are also an easy option. Akbar, Han, Luke and Biggs are in the shipments, the rest in the cantina.
    Or some funny mixup from the shipments..
    I would go for a droid team but I'm way to far behind to start it now. So that's out. I'm farming ackbar and after I will farm Han. But to get them up to 7 and max then it'll take too long. I need a short term answer to get into the top 100/50 and while I do that I'll be able to get up other characters like Rey/rg/fives/phasma/dooku to get into top 10

• Options
    I cant imagine that a jedi team with QGJ leading Rey couldn't be competitive. I would pair it with Lumi and Royal Guard.
    Qgj leader ability doesn't affect Rey at all though right?
  • Options
    The main problem with an all Jedi team is not that there are anti jedi characters. Let's be real. Dooku is the only good anti-jedi character worth using.

The main problem with an all Jedi team is they don't have a real tank. Ben and Mace are not tanks no matter what they are labeled. Neither pulls damage away from the team (Ben, in fact, is guaranteed not to take damage until the end). Maybe some day, Mace will be tweaked to have taunt or maybe some sort of team protect (Lightsaber Deflection - Jump in front of your fellow warriors and use your lightsabers to deflect all incoming damage for 2 turns). Or maybe they will add another Jedi. Until then, Jedi are best used as supporting roles on other teams.
  • Options
    I think it is a combination of no Jedi taunt plus Dooku being so anti-Jedi. A good taunt would help a Jedi team a lot, but Dooku has a 90% stun chance against Jedi with his special, and a chance to stun or ability block Jedi on his basic. And anyone in the top ranks probably has a maxed out Dooku laying about. So odds are that a Jedi with taunt wouldn't even be able to activate it before they were locked out.

If I see an all-Jedi team in a slot above me, they are an instant target, and I put Dooku back in the lineup to make it a cake walk. I cannot imagine a real tank changing that.
  • Options
    I think it is a combination of no Jedi taunt plus Dooku being so anti-Jedi. A good taunt would help a Jedi team a lot, but Dooku has a 90% stun chance against Jedi with his special, and a chance to stun or ability block Jedi on his basic. And anyone in the top ranks probably has a maxed out Dooku laying about. So odds are that a Jedi with taunt wouldn't even be able to activate it before they were locked out.

If I see an all-Jedi team in a slot above me, they are an instant target, and I put Dooku back in the lineup to make it a cake walk. I cannot imagine a real tank changing that.

What about a jedi tank with 100% tenacity ;)?
  • Options
    I read on a post a week ago about jedi team being a thinking men's team.. I agreed to the notion, I dont know whether i am lucky or maybe somehow the force is with me, but I was rank #1 on friday, #1 on saturday, #12 on sunday, and #2monday..

my main team

QGJ lead / switch with mace
    phasma / if mace lead then QGJ take over
    Yoda
    Lumi
    Ashoka
  • Options
    Maybe they should give a Jedi an anti sith capability to counter dooku, that would balance it because I don't think 1 character should blow up an entire team like dooku can
  • Options
    A pretty solid Jedi team (mainly for the raid), would be something like:
    Anakin (lead)
    QGJ
    Yoda
    Asoka
    IGD/Fisto/Aayla
  • Options
    I used to run

Bariss (lead)
    Yoda
    QGJ
    Lumi
    Ashoka

Which is actually pretty great (stayed top 10 easy). The big issue for competitiveness is not having a taunt. In the modern day, I think you have to replace Asoka with Royal Guard to have a chance.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    No, Jedi teams will get you dropping down the rankings a lot. They have the best synegery but so many counters are made against them... it feels like the Light Side of the Force is 3rd thing in this game. Hopefully it becomes a bit more viable in the future.
  • K1ngYoda
    203 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi teams are useless.

There needs to be a taunter at the least, especially with all the anti jedi advantages out there.

Give old ben a taunt..or at least Mace/JKG.

Then you can have a viable team.

Especially with old ben....whose absolute best buff comes from his death.....but no taunt????????

QGJ
    Lumi
    Yoda
    Ahsoka
    Old Ben with taunt.

Also Anakin should not be a useless piece of junk....|Vader is far more viable at 4 stars than Anakin at 7*...makes no sense.
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Options
    I think Old Ben should have had something equal to RG's taunt. That would do a lot to make Jedi teams viable.

And there are some Jedi that really need a buff. In particular Anakin, who I never see in arena or GW or anywhere, simply because he is so bad. Considering he is the main focus of the prequels, the one of prophecy, it is kinda disappointing that he has less use than the padawans.
  • Options
    Pacdiggity wrote: »
    I used to run

Bariss (lead)
    Yoda
    QGJ
    Lumi
    Ashoka

Which is actually pretty great (stayed top 10 easy). The big issue for competitiveness is not having a taunt. In the modern day, I think you have to replace Asoka with Royal Guard to have a chance.

What kind of team should I run with rg, savage, Sid, lumi, Barris, phasma, Yoda, qgj, JC, mace, dooku, old Ben, ackbar. Those are the my best characters that have some decent stars
  • Options
    @DebtlessJet I'd recommend Barriss lead, QGJ, Yoda, RG and experiment with the 5th. My instinct says Dooku tho.

Also try making Dooku lead of that squad.
  • Options
    Pacdiggity wrote: »
    @DebtlessJet I'd recommend Barriss lead, QGJ, Yoda, RG and experiment with the 5th. My instinct says Dooku tho.

Also try making Dooku lead of that squad.

Dooku is becoming a backup to Old Ben now that they fixed his leader imo. I'd definitely take 25% turn meter over offense up for a turn. If I wanted that, I'd get Poggle.
  • Options

What kind of team should I run with rg, savage, Sid, lumi, Barris, phasma, Yoda, qgj, JC, mace, dooku, old Ben, ackbar. Those are the my best characters that have some decent stars

Old Ben/QGJ (L), QGJ (if you didn't have him already), Barriss/Sid, Yoda, RG.

I recommend getting a hard hitter or two, specifically Rey and/or GS. Remove Yoda and Barriss/Sid at that point, and you have one of the only teams that matter currently, aside from Rebels.