Is it ok for the game to be difficult?

Predian
615 posts Member
Reading this forum it seems like a good number of players expect to clear GW every day, and to win something in the order of 95% of their arena battles. If anything less than that occurs, there's a problem with the game. Is that reasonable? Is it not OK for the game to be harder than that?

What's the acceptable balance where challenge adds to enjoyment and doesn't take away from it? What's the win rate you'd be able to live with and why?

Replies

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    To be honest this game is to easy and the devs usually cater to those who find it to difficult.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options
    It is easy, and majority of the players can complete dailies and keep progressing even tho at a slow rate. they can make it harder, but prolly at the cost of losing some significant amount of playerbase, because besides slow progression, this game has nothing much to offer.
  • Options
    If the game gets any harder it will be boring.
    If the game gets any easier it will be boring.

Keep everything the same, but add optional content with varying degrees of dificulty:
    Omega events with three different difficulties.
    Different tiers of raids.
    Yoda and future heroes obtained like him should be very, very difficult.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Most want easy and participation trophies. And many think games should be this utopia of equality and access and they want it all for free or at little cost or effort.
    Devs have to cater to this to a great extent cause there are so many. Just the way it is.

I personally enjoy a challenge and always want to beat the guy above me and the next and so forth.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    It is hard to balance between being a difficult game that requires strategy and being a mobile game that is just meant to kill time. I think the problem with difficulty is that the game isn't robust enough to add difficulty that isn't mostly based on RNG. The devs set a precedent with later levels in cantina and LS/DS nodes and challenges. When the patch first hit, people were saying things were too difficult. Well, what if those things had the same difficulty level as they first did now? I am sure there would be fewer cries because we are level 80 and have some geared up toons. But no, the devs decided to nerf all content and make it easy. OK, I guess. This game is going to be one of those mindless mobile games that could have been much more if the devs didn't give into the people who can't handle a challenge.

The worst part of it is the changes they made to Yoda. They didn't even realize what they were doing either. The first 3 times yoda was here, he was just as difficult. It was just that the people who had 7* jedi were the ones who have played for a long time and were ok with not getting it on the first try. They were willing to put in 30-100 attempts. Sure, they complained about it but we didn't have such things as "Megathreads" back then to consolidate all of the whining. Now we had the same difficulty as before but the Megathreads to consolidate the complaining. So the devs thought they needed to take action and nerf the only challenging content in the game. I feel bad for anyone who got Yoda after nerf, it basically means nothing because they don't get to overcome a challenge.

The best way to fix this is to make multiple difficulty levels for all content and drastically increase the rewards for the "hard mode" content. They should do this specifically for modes that can't be sim'd, namely GW and Challenges. That way the people who want to auto through GW every day can do so but for fewer rewards, same for challenges. I wish they were more challenging and had better rewards.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I love this post. Pretty much just how I feel and I think the majority of the players feel. It cracks me up how people want things changed in the game instead of getting better on their own. There are ways to clear GW everyday, without making it easier.

Two current complaints on the board today. Change arena so people can't hold onto top spots. Somedays you're not gonna get a top spot. It's just how it is.

I'm actually impressed at how well a F2P player can do in this game.