Don't change Arena for Pete sake! It's WAI

Reddplague
766 posts Member
edited May 2016
CG don't listen to the complains about the current arena system. You guys put a lot of effort in designing this system. I will admit that the current DST has been inconvenient for me but, that's only temporary. Once DST switches back I can continue to defend my arena placement without any worries of last minute looters.
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Options
    Agreed.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm fine with it....the only reservation I have is when everyone else changes time zones, I don't. Mine is at 6pm Arizona time right now which is perfect for my work schedule and I.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    It's lame that the game does not respond to DST changes. The rest of my life (work hours, kids' bed times, meal times) changes to accommodate time changes. The fact that this game does not also shift actually disrupts all of those other "real" things. It should be a simple fix and makes my life horribly inconvenient.
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    Options
    Creating a specific payout time that is automatically generated with no say of our personal schedules is asking for a large part of the POTENTIAL player base to be disenfranchised and not become paying players. They should fix Arena for their own good. You can't leave potential revenue on the table. They need a system where they still get crystals spent but if you take #1 at some point during the day, you get #1 payout.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    With everything else that's wrong, how is this even a topic of dicussion, LOL?! Arena is a finely tuned machine compared to a lot of what's falling apart, currently.

If it ain't (very) broke, don't fix it. Lot of other stuff needs to be the priority, atm.
  • Options
    Powda wrote: »
    With everything else that's wrong, how is this even a topic of dicussion, LOL?! Arena is a finely tuned machine compared to a lot of what's falling apart, currently.

If it ain't (very) broke, don't fix it. Lot of other stuff needs to be the priority, atm.

Because some cry baby created a thread wanting arena to be changed so he can achieve #1 everyday.

Agreed arena is fine the way it is. It's ok I don't get #1 everyday.

• Options
    I feel like just one bonus to your real finish if you reached #1 at anytime during the day would be great. That way, the guy getting #1 at payout gets say, 700 crystals, and a guy finishing top 20 at payout but reached #1 earlier would get 400. Seems like the increase in first place would promote more $.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    all good here.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    It's lame that the game does not respond to DST changes. The rest of my life (work hours, kids' bed times, meal times) changes to accommodate time changes. The fact that this game does not also shift actually disrupts all of those other "real" things. It should be a simple fix and makes my life horribly inconvenient.

that all depends on peoples personal scheduals. where one person is able to play from 5:00 to 6:00pm, the other might be able to play from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. Others might be able to play from 5:00 to 7:00pm, and others might not even be able to play at all during pay out times.
    letting the game respond to DST changes might be really convenient for you, but really unconvenient for others. I honestly dont even know what the pay out time is in countries without DST, 6:00 or 7:00pm ? That might be worth looking in to before requesting it to change along with the DST :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Overall, I am fine with Arena setup, too. But I'm not competing for anything above a #25 finish at the most, so I don't have to take part in the jockeying at the top.

I do feel that it would be nice to have had the opportunity to be able to choose what payout window I would be in, though. Mine is right at the end of the work day, which definitely doesn't even afford me the opportunity to attempt to jockey for the top, even if I had the roster to do so.
  • Options
    And when I created my account, I didn't know about the whole payout window, so I got way too far into my progress before I even learned that you could 'shard shop' when you created your account.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    When was there ever talk to change Arena? They should leave it like this and not even look funny in it's direction.
  • Options
    I'm happy to make it to the top 50 by payout because although the crystal rewards look nice as you approach the top ten, I get all the arena tokens I need. Two shard shipments daily (and the odd third) is adequate. After my fifth attempt, I've broken the top 30 and I'm cool with that. I only have two on my squad at G9 too.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

that all depends on peoples personal scheduals. where one person is able to play from 5:00 to 6:00pm, the other might be able to play from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. Others might be able to play from 5:00 to 7:00pm, and others might not even be able to play at all during pay out times.
    letting the game respond to DST changes might be really convenient for you, but really unconvenient for others. I honestly dont even know what the pay out time is in countries without DST, 6:00 or 7:00pm ? That might be worth looking in to before requesting it to change along with the DST :p

Understood. What would be even better would be to allow the user to choose his/her own reset times. They can just lock it so you can only change once a month or even once every three months to prevent it from being abused. If each person can choose his/her own arena reset time, then you can have multiple people take #1 during a day, but no more than once a day per person.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Understood. What would be even better would be to allow the user to choose his/her own reset times. They can just lock it so you can only change once a month or even once every three months to prevent it from being abused. If each person can choose his/her own arena reset time, then you can have multiple people take #1 during a day, but no more than once a day per person.

i cant imagine why any player would be opposed to that idea, i most certainly would love it if they gave us the option to choose pay out time ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I'm cool with my 25k power team smashing any team with a healer or Yoda.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

i cant imagine why any player would be opposed to that idea, i most certainly would love it if they gave us the option to choose pay out time ;)

Well if they change it like this i would have no objection.
  • BobAFeet
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    CG don't listen to the complains about the current arena system. You guys put a lot of effort in designing this system. I will admit that the current DST has been inconvenient for me but, that's only temporary. Once DST switches back I can continue to defend my arena placement without any worries of last minute looters.
    Reddplague wrote: »

Don't worry- the developers won't listen to masses.