Is the resistance pilot good?

I noticed the resistance pilot and first order pilot seem to be very similar: high attack blaster pistol with a higher attack secondary ability and lower healt. Since the first order pilot (i have him at 2 stars, lvl 50, gear lvl 4) isnt farmable, im wondering is it worth getting the resistance pilot and using war tokens on him? Also i have poggle so thats the other guy i would use war tokens on.

Please help me with any knowledge u can!

Replies

• JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Good question. I couldn't resist a 4x chrome pack earlier tonite and I got some useless shards and a 2* resistance pilot and a 1* coruscant underworld police. I assume both are worthless...
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    Good question. I couldn't resist a 4x chrome pack earlier tonite and I got some useless shards and a 2* resistance pilot and a 1* coruscant underworld police. I assume both are worthless...

Do u think resistance will be any good? And also police sucks. Got him up to 4* through shipments and shards from packs. Worst decison yet.
  • Options
    Same here. He was a cheapo version of FOTP that Andoid users get for free. But Resistance Pilot got nerfed effectively killing the character.

Maybe it would have been better to just delete the character. Some people may not have noticed the "fix"/mega-nerf and may be wating hard earned money on upgrades.

Anybody has this guy at level 6* or 7*. I have bith Pilot and this guy, abd I am so sorry for RP really. He does nothing.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I read on here somewhere that he used to be crazy good like tie pilot, but the res pilot was nerfed. The biggest problem I see is that his only farming option is GW shipments, which I would rather use for lumi, phasma, poggle, and a few in ig-86.
  • Options
    Ok I think I messed chars. Resistance Trooper was nerfed, Resistance Pilot may be ok (and is not as hard to farm as FOTP).
  • Options
    Underworld police and pilot are very hard hitters.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Venator_83 wrote: »
    Underworld police and pilot are very hard hitters.

Gotta be a troll..?....
  • Belg
    38 posts Member
    Options
    I have Resistance Pilot at 6*, Level 60, Maxxed Gear and I can say he is alright. I use him next to Luke for high damage single target attacks.

I would rather have 2 x Luke's than the Pilot, so if you have something that you would rather go for, then select it. I dont have all of hit abilities maxxed out but if his self buffs trigger then he can get a few good hits in quickly.

Great for attacking into Dooku (Use your special, 65% chance to trigger dodge next attack, Dooku attacks, you get turn meter)
  • Belg
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Full disclosure though, I am trying to cap out all the Resistance Characters to see if they synergise well
  • Options
    Underworld police is not hardhitter for he is only a support type of character, but also helpful in sone situation like if u need offence down and cant have old ben, police is a better substitute. He works well in pve ng gw but not s much in arena. But he has to be discovered to different synergy, dunno if he can work well with phasma as leader sunce his first attack has 40% chance to stun
  • Aleb93
    36 posts Member
    Options
    I have had res pilot and he is pretty awesome, used him with Dooku lead, has 20% evasion and Gains 25% turn meter and offence up on evade. He Also has the highest physical dmg in the game.
  • Options
    Pilot is a very good toon, easily farmable. Great for midgame. But VERY gearhungry, keep this in mind. He is great for a hardhitting B-Team in the endgame.
    Maybe superviable as part of a all-resistance team, though. But thats a looooong grind..
  • Options
    I used Resistance for awhile until I got Rey and she's pretty decent. Won't one shot anybody but evades well and crits a lot. Once the game gets going she gets a lot of extra turns thanks to turn meter boosts so she'll get extra attacks in. Once you get to gear 9 that's pretty much it though. Too much raid gear to move to justify moving to gear 10
  • Options
    Good or bad, you're going to need RP if you want to farm the Speed mods ;-)
  • Options
    With Poe (omega) lead, he will have +30% offense and +15% potency which is nice.
  • hyperXgen
    169 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    have a member in my guild who has her maxed at g11 and says she isnt that good
    Post edited by hyperXgen on
  • Options
    FYI.......Resistance Pilot is a female and was confirmed by the dev.
  • Options
    Yep--Resistance Pilot is a gal, not a guy. She was part of the ladies-only event a few weeks back ...
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    RP is top teir damage, up there with tie pilot Rey and clone sarge, but do note that she is MADE of purples, more than any other character, so if you can swing the gear cost she's a great hitter but she's got like 3 full gear levels of furnaces, agility things and 50 part purple gear
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    RP is top teir damage, up there with tie pilot Rey and clone sarge, but do note that she is MADE of purples, more than any other character, so if you can swing the gear cost she's a great hitter but she's got like 3 full gear levels of furnaces, agility things and 50 part purple gear

Took the words right out of my mouth. To say she's "not good" is inaccurate. She is, she's just an uphill trudge to gear.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    This thread necro was very confusing at first
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    This thread necro was very confusing at first

LOL I thought that, too. But then, I was pleasantly surprised they used a search to bring it back, instead of cluttering the forum with a new thread that already existed. I was happy to chime in because of that. More people need to do that. It's also fun to read opinions from January, to opinions now after so many changes.