Kylo Ren Outrage damage inconsistency

I've had multiple instances where Kylo is clearly below 50% hp but when I use his outrage he only hits for around 2200 which is the normal un-modified damage. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'm not sure but maybe it has to do with DoT damage from enemy characters messing up the calculation or something...?

Replies

• Options
    If you're judging his health by bar color, keep in mind that yellow doesn't mean <50%. Other than that, consider the fact that you might be using it on better geared/higher armor value targets compared to the usual squishy targets' damage values you've observed. Also, perhaps you're comparing crits to non-crits or comparing damage while buffed (offense up, advantage, etc.) to unbuffed or your Kylo was debuffed (offense down) and/or your target was buffed (defense up - which can also come as a passive bonus from certain leaders).

Either way, I think you're either misjudging the point at which he's <50% or "comparing apples to oranges" via some of the aforementioned situations that would cause significant damage fluctuations.
  • Options
    It just happened again. his health was red and it did 2200 damage against a sidious. This is 100% a bug.
  • Options
    Actually, it wasn't even red it was basically non-existent and it still did standard damage. I'm lv 60 and know how debuffs, buffs, and crits work. Don't be condescending.
  • Options
    Okay this is happening CONSISTENTLY when you go into battle in GW with a low hp kylo ren. It's extremely frustrating and really takes away from the effectiveness of the character..
  • Poerli
    113 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    Guys is it normal for outrage to crit for like 4-4.5k with jut sid buff when kylo is at 100%? I swear I never saw a Kylo hit that on me till today.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Options
    Guys is it normal for outrage to crit for like 4-4.5k with jut sid buff when kylo is at 100%? I swear I never saw a Kylo hit that on me till today.

Normal damage is in the 2.2-2.5k range so a 4.5k crit at normal hp with sid as leader should be expected. When he's low hp the unmodified damage should be 4k and it should crit for around 8k.
  • Options
    After another round of testing, I can confirm this happens 100% of the time when you bring a sub-50% hp kylo ren into Galactic War. This needs to be fixed.
  • revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Normal damage is in the 2.2-2.5k range so a 4.5k crit at normal hp with sid as leader should be expected. When he's low hp the unmodified damage should be 4k and it should crit for around 8k.

2.2-2.5k attacks dont crit for 4.5k with sid. My consular hits around that non critted with his special, and doesn't crit anywhere close to 4.5k with sid as a leader.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Options

2.2-2.5k attacks dont crit for 4.5k with sid. My consular hits around that non critted with his special, and doesn't crit anywhere close to 4.5k with sid as a leader.

You're joking right? Both my luke and luminara can hit 5k or over using their specials with sid as leader. This is against same level teams with gear 7 or higher. If your consular is not hitting that hard, it may have something to do with the fact that his special is not physical damage. I don't know how the blue damage is calculated with the crit modifier but I'm pretty sure it's affected in the same way.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    I used Kylo in the strength event, I got to the final mission and killed a droid with another party member, when it got to Kylo i decided to use his Outrage ability.. and it only did 2k buffed (Other members do 14k-25k with the buff). Somethings wrong.
  • Options
    @xylitol0524 you're right. If Kylo starts a battle below 50% health, the only way he can get the damage buff in that fight is if he's first initially healed above 50% and damaged back down below it. Basically, it's like a hidden (so that it cannot be dispelled) "buff" that applies only when the conditions get met and remains solely for the duration of that fight. Still, I believe it to be working as intended or it would simply be abused intentionally in GW.

@AdamW, yeah, it doesn't appear to get modified by the support droid buff. There are other character abilities that don't as well.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reports everyone, I've passed along this information to the dev team.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz