Best Raid Team? - F2P

So here's the issue.
Started the game 3 months ago, I was all over the place with where I was focusing my time and shards. Until I started coming on here and around a month ago I started focusing on Droids for my arena team:
HK (L)
IG 86
IG 88
JE
Jawa
They are getting there and should be done leveling them soon.
Just wondered in terms of the raid what should I be concentrating on?
I have Sid, Lumi, IG 86 7*
QGJ, IG 86, Poggle 6*
Those are just my highest toons, I don't tend to get past gear 8 as its a lot to save up for furnaces etc.

Replies

• HUSKARL
    99 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Droids are good for dps stages but you need:

Dispeller - Ackbar P1 or P3
    Debuffer - QGJ, Ventress
    TM reduction - QGJ, Yoda
    Spread Foresight - Yoda
    Speed/defence down any of first 3 stages - Phasma, Fives
    DPS - Droids, Rey, FOTP, Res Pilot, GS, Rebel Scout
    Tanks to be eaten - Obi Wan, RG, ST Han
    Stunners - Daka, RG, Ventress

Any of those are what I would personally look for heroics, I missed out on Rex so if you are FTP I'd immediately go Ackbar to remove death mark. Ewok Elder and Lobot can also do it but it's a long long farm.
  • Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Long term (heroic), you´re probably looking at 1 attack only before phase 4 (to ensure that everyone gets to hit atleast once).

Optimal in that scenario would be to attack in phase 1, fx using:
    Phasma (l), Ackbar, Rey, Qui-G & GS.

For phase 2 a base of: Phasma (l), Rey, Qui-G & GS --- Adding in fx Yoda or Jawa (yes really, he is easy to gear!).

More than anything you wanna get started on your Rey!
  • Jonnysnipe
    106 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Rey was my plan after JE,

Going to gear up:
    Phasma GW
    QGJ Cantina
    Ackbar Arena
    GS Cantina? (Who should I got for on Cantina nodes?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    I use the same team for any rancor phase - phasma lead, yoda, qgj, GS and Rey
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    Jonnysnipe wrote: »
    So here's the issue.
    Started the game 3 months ago, I was all over the place with where I was focusing my time and shards. Until I started coming on here and around a month ago I started focusing on Droids for my arena team:
    HK (L)
    IG 86
    IG 88
    JE
    Jawa
    They are getting there and should be done leveling them soon.
    Just wondered in terms of the raid what should I be concentrating on?
    I have Sid, Lumi, IG 86 7*
    QGJ, IG 86, Poggle 6*
    Those are just my highest toons, I don't tend to get past gear 8 as its a lot to save up for furnaces etc.

Trouble with best you can only use them ONCE, the other teams need to be viable as well..
  • Options
    I would rather at least have one strong team and hit hard for the one team and then mop up with less effective toons afterwards
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Rey was my plan after JE,

Going to gear up:
    Phasma GW
    QGJ Cantina
    Ackbar Arena
    GS Cantina? (Who should I got for on Cantina nodes?

GS or another Jedi which can help on the way to getting yoda if you don't have him yet.
  • Jonnysnipe
    106 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Which Jedi though?
    Have Mace 5*
    Lumi 7*
    will have QGJ 7*
    JC 5*
    Bariss 5*
    Ahsako 4*
    Old Ben 4*

Which ones am I focusing on for Yoda?

Literally sound so clueless here sorry
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Which Jedi though?
    Have Mace 5*
    Lumi 7*
    will have QGJ 7*
    JC 5*
    Bariss 5*
    Ahsako 4*
    Old Ben 4*

No don't worry. Everyone's been asking this for ages so it's good to know. the best used to be 3 healers then another 2.

But they have now changed the yoda event and made it much easier than before- the theory now is that the event is easy enough with any 5 Jedi as long as they are leveled and starred. In which case I would say go with 5 Jedi that is the easiest to farm then. Eeth is a very quick farm also if you aren't getting any else I'm arena now. And ackbar isn't too important for raids if you don't attack against the pigs phase 1 so maybe get eeth from arena first and finish jc or Ben or barriss from cantina battles. Or just two of those 3 if you don't want eeth
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Would definitely recommend getting yoda though. Hes been my favourite character since getting him. And for raids he's a beast if you go into attack when boss has 50% + HP. So yoda stays on foresight, he lasts long
  • Options
    Settled then I think I will complete Jawa on Cantina nodes and start on JC, I will be competing 1st stage so need Ackbar, but after him will start on Eeth
  • GForce9x
    36 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Which Jedi though?
    Have Mace 5*
    Lumi 7*
    will have QGJ 7*
    JC 5*
    Bariss 5*
    Ahsako 4*
    Old Ben 4*

Mace and JC can both be farmed in the Cantina tables. Mace on 4-A. JC has two different nodes he can be farmed on, but I've noticed that 6-E has a great drop rate.

The others may take a while to get to 7*. You may wish to go for Eeth Koth in the arena shipments. I was able to unlock and get him to 7 in no time. Right now I am short 60 JC shards to get my 5th Jedi to 7*. My team is the exact same as your top four + EK
    Post edited by GForce9x on
  • Leapster
    124 posts Member
    Options
    Just wanted to throw out there that Ahsoka is worth getting... She does help for the Yoda event.

Also her 2nd skill is an above/below 50% function. Heals team when above and hits 25% harder when below. I run her in my teams when fighting rancor below 50%, she crits hard w/ her 2nd skill and as leader of a team w/ jedi/nightsisters has the evasion/turn meter bonus like obi.

Ahsoka (L) / Mace / Barris / Nightsister Initiate / Talia
    Is a sub 50% or p4 team I run that survives well
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I also use Droids, HK, IG 88,86 and JE. My 5th Member is Han. This Squad worked very good for me, has crazy Damage and Han für TM Manipulation. The key is, wait until Deathmark than use Han for Taunt. Thanks to the Droids + JE you kill the adds more or less instant ;)

I try to save all of them but with Poogle (if HK or JE dies) , GS, IG100 (Offense Down is great for Raids) , Dakaa and RG I have good Toons to replace a dead Member.