Saved by the Bell?!

Veritasum
754 posts Member
Background story: I was rank 39 and doing my last match before payout. So this match was not going to affect payout.

I was up against Dooku(L), QGJ, GS, RG, Lumi. Not sure how I was even in control of this fight with the 10+ dodges I counted and Dooku getting a bonus attack, stun/ability block with 100% of the actions he took.

With just under a minute left, I had Dooku 3-1. Plenty of time? Nope. Due to his multiple attacks, dodges and stuns he drew out the fight to 1 second left. I got off an attack by Yoda which killed Dooku. But due to the animations, that second ran out before Dooku hit the ground.

I got a DRAW....

How about arenas credit the last action taken before the timer runs out? I had 3 standing and my opponent had 0, but I got a draw. That's a decisive W in my book. Especially against a team I could hardly hit. Taking down a maxed RG that dodges 2-3 times is a b word.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Options
    Next time use auto ;)
    Has happened to me a few times mostly bc ive wasted time elsewhere first.
  • Kabal
    62 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, whenever I'm down to just one opponent in the arena I turn on auto play to fast forward through the remaining attacks.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    I see. Good to know. Thanks.
  • BradBread
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Although yes putting it on auto does help, it doesn't address the issue that there is a definite coding issue here.

I'd much rather them spend their time on the much bigger issues at hand, but you have to wonder who thought this system up? Why not give the match a 5 minute timer, but have an invisible time that runs to 5:05 or 5:10 as a calculation time? It's sad when a beloved franchise goes to a major corporation and they use second rate devs knowing full well that people will throw cash at the Star Wars name.
  • Options
    I wait when I have an assured victory until 30 secs with one enemy in the red, then I auto him to death.

Once

A while ago

I lost track of time and got a draw because the timer ran out when I had an assured victory! Argh!!!