Should IG-100 get a Taunt

Taramel
601 posts Member
edited May 2016

Should IG-100 get a Taunt 59 votes

Yes
49%
Top_QuarkJJHMBL_66GuiHomeSlevinBurgerSuckaLazerriftOkerlundpepper10JermProofBar_BuryinAndarcBostonmessJinSaotomeSkarchaRenanFilipeEgo12DraconisJbizzyGJosh_KAycee1 29 votes
No
11%
SlyKrysisLaLiamAlwaysABigerFishUglukFreak_of_natureZeyhloiloiloi 7 votes
No But he needs something
38%
cheetah2114EricsonXDarth_ReyCookieCrisppAndroIT_L1V3SDooku_for_daysFatherToastTaramelDarth_Jay77Gank_KillerCopperheadewtaylor2001Snake2RiftChasmTijidTeagueEglendSlay85MrWag 23 votes

Replies

• Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    people seem to keep bringing him up so I thought I would ask. I would have to say no on this one.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Are you SURE you want him to take damage?

That would pretty much be a nerf to his unique. :|
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    @BentWookiee giving him a Taunt would be a nerf to his unique, but the upside to droids would by FAR outweigh his unique being borked. they would have to replace his unique with a taunt counter. But once again I would say a big fat NO.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    @BentWookiee giving him a Taunt would be a nerf to his unique, but the upside to droids would by FAR outweigh his unique being borked. they would have to replace his unique with a taunt counter. But once again I would say a big fat NO.

So you are asking for a rework of IG-100. :D

Yeah.. that might be cool.

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Are you SURE you want him to take damage?

That would pretty much be a nerf to his unique. :|

THIS.

Plus, he will get a taunt when gg forces him.
    {RotE}
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    @LaLiam I think you ment IF GG forces him...

@BentWookiee Not so much a rework.. personally I just think he needs a slight buff to his basic dmg and and increase to his counter chance and he would be good to go. I just see alot of people saying to give him a taunt so I thought I would start a poll.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Mabye even change his unique to gains 50% turn meter whenever one of his attacks is dodged? might help in the current dodge meta :smile:

Edit: in addition to keeping his counter that is.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Taunt or make unique "gain X% turn meter when enemy dodges or you dodge" the later would be more powerful but a taunt wouldn't break him...example...once he takes dmg taunt, since he has lost the su/ou. Thats not a nerf to his unique, but rather a insurance policy...if you ignore him he is a capable of 5k+ hits, if you wanna hit him...then you taunt and make dang sure you soak up some aggression. Would offset RG. And a 100/RG on a team would = if not better any healer/daka combo making 100/RG + 3 attackers one of the preferred arena methods.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes I would like too see him with Taunt, it makes me mad that we have to use non Droid Tanks.

IG100 Damage, HP etc is fine for a Tank but without a Taunt he will always killed last simply because he isn’t powerfull enough. Sadly his Offense Down is often blocked from relevant characters (QGJ, Rey, GS etc.) or leaders (Dooku..) so it isn't impactful enough for Arena fights. The problem is, that if he can't protect IG88 / 86 he must be strong enough on it's own for a real spot(compared to RG, St.Han etc), especially since he is not so easy to farm compared to the other Droids (besides GG).

I like IG 100 and hopefully he get a little update to get his spotlight in any Droid squad because Synergy should make him stronger than the non Droid Tanks in a Droid Squad.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Ig 100 gets his potency bumped 40% to 95% at gear 9. So yeah g9 he gets alot more stats, as you stated he ALWAYS dies last. I have never seen him die anything but last...
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Not without a complete rework, because giving him a taunt would turn him into a one-trick pony.

IMO he just needs a counter chance boost.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    How bout giving IG-100 a 65% to taunt remainder of turn when hit with a critical? That would synergize with his current unique?
  • Options
    I have a 7* gear 9 ig100 he needs something but a taunt is a dull solution. I think o down on all opponents if not attacked in one turn.
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Meh, maybe they should just delete him and try again.
  • Options
    Yes
    At the start of its next turn if IG:88 hasn't taken damage it gains speed up and offense up.

If it already has offense up it gains foresight and critical chance up.

If it already has foresight it gains offense up, speed up, advantage, respite, defense up, and taunts for three rounds.

This makes people attack it.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    At the start of its next turn if IG:88 hasn't taken damage it gains speed up and offense up.

If it already has offense up it gains foresight and critical chance up.

If it already has foresight it gains offense up, speed up, advantage, respite, defense up, and taunts for three rounds.

This makes people attack it.

and then if he dies with all those buffs, he gives it to his team right? (like the **** "Old Ben needs a taunt" crowd)
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    With hans shoot first I acutally think I will change my vote to a yes he needs taunt... if not and JE gets stunned its game over for droids.