Old Ben or continue GS farming

Just unlocked cantina node for old Ben, GS is at 4 stars already, should I continue farming GS up to 7 or start old Ben ?

Replies

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    I would continue with GS.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    Just unlocked cantina node for old Ben, GS is at 4 stars already, should I continue farming GS up to 7 or start old Ben ?

I am non-conventional. I do NOT have Dooku, Daka, Sid, Phasma, GS, or any of those other meta.

I do have Obi (Old Ben).

I am ranked 38 in Arena as Obi (L), QGJ, NS Initiate, Yoda and 5555's (who is only 5*) all else 7*.

Obi is like 3rd highest for Arena players, Lumi is like second and Dooku is first.. but I have done pretty well without the usual squads.

• Lcb12321
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Go for old Ben

Him along with St Han and Leia/Rey is pretty dangerous.
  • Options
    So should I unlock Ben or go straight to 7 with Ben them finish GS? My GS hits hard and I don't know if neglecting him will be a bad thing for my arena team as I progress
  • Lcb12321
    188 posts Member
    Options
    GS is a great dps but Rey and Leia are better...however i still see a lot of teams running GS under Ben
  • Options
    I would farm Old Ben from cantina, ST Han from arena, Qui-Gon from cantina shipments, and Rey from guild shipments. Those 4 make for a very meta arena team. You could eventually replace Han with RG, but you can't really farm him until level 77 unless you farm hard nodes. You could also add Daka or Fives once you finish qui gon, or GS once you finish old ben.
  • Options
    Finish up GS first, it won't take too long. You don't want to fall behind in arena while everyone else is getting their guys up to 7*.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Depends on your team.

But. GS is high dps in raid. Definitely usefup there.

Ben is goodneven with 4 stars. If u switch gears you can definitely gear and use ben at 4* while going back and finishing GS. In GW it is an oddity that my 4 star Ben ever dies. It is kinda fun when it does happen, but his death buff aint that great, really

80 shards of ben will take a long time, though.
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

I am non-conventional. I do NOT have Dooku, Daka, Sid, Phasma, GS, or any of those other meta.

I do have Obi (Old Ben).

I am ranked 38 in Arena as Obi (L), QGJ, NS Initiate, Yoda and 5555's (who is only 5*) all else 7*.

Obi is like 3rd highest for Arena players, Lumi is like second and Dooku is first.. but I have done pretty well without the usual squads.

4/5 toons on your squad are very common in arena. There's nothing really non-conventional about your squad except for using NI. Hard to believe you're ranked 38 with that squad
  • Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

I do have Obi (Old Ben).

Sid has not been Meta for ages my friend.

Ben is part of the meta now and QGJ has been for a good bit. 5's was but the balance/fix altered that. Yoda is not much. Now NI she is not. I used her because at 10 she is a beastly HP and decent hitter.

Now to the OP. Tough call. I was using GS back at cap 60 before he was famous. He is not what he was, but at max gear and Hive and Swarm Omegas he is pretty darn good.

Ben is a solid lead for evasion. The TM gain is better than Dooku's offense up, and his Mind Tricks blow the stun out of the water IMO. I have both at 7* gear 10. I ran Ben lead for about 10 days then switched to Phasma again since my FOTP is now gear 11. GS has stayed on the team. I'll tell you GS with that Hive and Swarm Omega is great. Swarm hits for a 12k crit, gains 50% TM, FOTP with Advantage called to Assist for 2 dbl taps at 4500-7500(only lvl 6 basic for another couple hours) Now add the 20% damage to that when I add 2 purples and 5 of my omegas I have and you are talikng 25k range in 1 move. Pasir GS right and he is still top level arena material. I'm atop my shard from Late Nov.

Both are good, finish the bug, then go to Ben. Unless you really need a new leader badly. Ben is not good in a non lead role IMO given poor damage and his unique that is never used unless on raids.
  • Options
    I like Old Ben. I know GS hits hard and he is pretty easy to gear, but I personally don't fear him when I see him in arena. My Jedi team deals with him pretty easily, and one of the reason is because of Old Ben's mind tricks. Now that Old Ben is also one of the best leaders, I would recommend going Old Ben.
  • Options
    I recently had the same dilemma & even though I badly want Old Ben too I opted to 7* GS.

I'm very happy with my choice. GS is a beast in my games & when you use swarm with offensive up? Lethal.
    Important to note it's very easy to reach gear 9...unlike a lot of others.
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah easy gearing of GS is a very important point in this period of insane gear gating. GS is my only gear 9 toon right now and will probably remain so for a while. If there is any justice in this world dodge will get nerfed, making farming Old Ben a waste of time. GS, however, will always be relevant due to his high damage output.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Depends on your current roster. If you have sufficient high damage attackers, you can farm Old Ben. Otherwise take GS to the max. Old Ben.as leader will not win you battles if you lack damage output.
  • Options
    I run a Phasma lead and my current power lvl in arena is 31,500 and I've finished first just about every day for a month now. But there is an Obi team that is only 26,500 that never gets knocked out of the top 15 and that I have a very hard time beating. I can only beat it if I take the right approach from the start and have even lost to it a few times. When fully starred up with more gear this team will be beast. It's Obi(L), STHan, RG, QGJ, and Rey. This game is all about who's paired up with who and this is a very potent combination. There is also a rebel team in my arena that is 1k less power than me that is very difficult to beat. It's Ackbar(L), Lando, STHan, HRS, and Leia. I only beat this team about half the time and usually with only 1-2 toons standing. Both Lando and Leia go off in this lineup. If you can't get Leia then sub Phasma. Also, if you don't have him, get Lando as he's highly underrated. Just some food for thought.
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    Options
    @Darth_M8er Do you have a taunt in your squad? When you face that Lando team, does Lando even do his AoE? I believe a taunt makes the AI forget he can use his double down.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Darth_M8er wrote: »
    I run a Phasma lead and my current power lvl in arena is 31,500 and I've finished first just about every day for a month now. But there is an Obi team that is only 26,500 that never gets knocked out of the top 15 and that I have a very hard time beating. I can only beat it if I take the right approach from the start and have even lost to it a few times. When fully starred up with more gear this team will be beast. It's Obi(L), STHan, RG, QGJ, and Rey. This game is all about who's paired up with who and this is a very potent combination. There is also a rebel team in my arena that is 1k less power than me that is very difficult to beat. It's Ackbar(L), Lando, STHan, HRS, and Leia. I only beat this team about half the time and usually with only 1-2 toons standing. Both Lando and Leia go off in this lineup. If you can't get Leia then sub Phasma. Also, if you don't have him, get Lando as he's highly underrated. Just some food for thought.

Sorry, still a little new here. Who is HRS and RG?
  • Woofy_MC
    219 posts Member
    Options
    Deffinetly GS. It doesnt take long to farm him to 7* and he hits hard. He also has pretty good hp for an attacker. Old Ben is good, but you can always count on an attacker like GS. For Arena and GW he is my best hero.
  • Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    @Darth_M8er Do you have a taunt in your squad? When you face that Lando team, does Lando even do his AoE? I believe a taunt makes the AI forget he can use his double down.

I do not have a taunter and yes Lando does his double down 3-4 times during battle(it's actually what makes the battle so brutal). I didnt know about AI making him forget about it against taunter. Good to know. Thanks
  • Options
    Darth_M8er wrote: »

Sorry, still a little new here. Who is HRS and RG?

No worries. I should've specified as there is a Hoth Rebel Scout and a Hoth Rebel Soldier. In this case I was referring to the Scout. And RG is Royal Guard.
  • Options
    @Ello_Asty I tried a taunt vs Lando and nothing changed. He still went off. Maybe it was a bug they fixed? Either way Lando is a good toon
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    Options
    Well now, isn't that interesting...another ninja fix.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    I would finish GS cause that s currently what i m doing