Huge Arena Dilemma- Need Advice

pmaroff
16 posts Member
I'm just about done getting my main team 7 starred and I'm stuck on what I should do. Here's what I'm working with:

7* lvl 74 Sid(L) Gear 7
7* lvl 74 JC Gear 8
6* lvl 74 GS Gear 8
7* lvl 74 Greedo Gear 7
7* lvl 74 Phasma Gear 7
7* lvl 74 Poe Gear 8
I also have a 5* Rey and Lumi, and 4* Dooku who I'm now mainly farming now that I have my other main ones at 7*

I usually run Sid(L), JC, GS, Greedo, Poe. Leaving out Phasma, but I just 7* Phasma so now I'm kind of reconsidering (or at least open to reconsider). Here's my argument for each:

Sid(L)- Love the critical hit leadership ability- each character hits at least 3500, with greedo hitting 5000 along with a bonus attack and GS hitting up to 9000 with his power up ability. Immunity ability in arena is awesome too.
JC- Need a healer, lumi will probably replace him once I get her to 6/7*, but he's good for now
GS- Obvious
Greedo- One of the most underrated toons in my opinion. High damage attacker with 50% chance at bonus attack after a critical hit, which is super effective when paired with Sid's leadership ability. Low health though.
Poe- 2-turn Taunt/Expose ability is huge for arena. Serves as a long lasting sacrifice so I can knock out 2-3 of my opponents while they knock out 1 of mine.
Phasma- Good leadership in theory, good health, solid damage when critical. However, and maybe it's just me, I feel that her lead only gives me like 2-3 bonus attacks per round, and even then it's not like the attacks have high damage. Advantage ability is sweet, but it takes 4 turns to regenerate and only lasts 1 turn. Plus low damage when she doesnt have advantage.

In other words, i have no idea. Please tell me what to do lol

Replies

• pmaroff
    16 posts Member
    Options
    P.S. I usually sit at around 500 in my server. I rarely lose when I play, but my team probably isn't the strong A.I. defensively so I think that's why it's harder for me to keep my rank high.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Here is my perspective: Arena rank defense is all about targeting. You don't want someone to look at their three options to hit and think that you look best. If you are winning on offense, that works, but you can't look easy to beat.

Sid is not an arena threat anymore. The low potency just kills him, so this is an easy char to beat. Greedo may be a hidden gem, but because he's hidden, he's not going to scare anyone. JC is average at best.

On Phasma -- I think you are discounting her middle ability. I find it fantastic. It gives everyone's next turn a critical, and gives 50% TM to your whole party. 50% x5 is 250%, or basically more than two full character turns. You spent 1 turn, get 2, plus everyone crits. It is great. You should use it every time it is available.

I would run:
    7 star Phasma (L)
    5 star Rey
    7 star Poe
    6 star GS
    7 star Greedo

You could sub in JC for Greedo if you wanted to, but I think running healers in GW is a think of the past. Most good teams don't run them anymore unless you are going against 5's. Lumi is pretty good though, so maybe when she gets to 7 star you can use her instead.
  • DarthMelkor
    277 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Meta on my server is Evasion Leader( Dooku or Old Ben), Tank( ST Han or RG), Dps( Rey and or Leia, sometimes GS), Qui-Gon for dispel, and one other like Daka or Fives. Some people favor more dps at the expense of controllers like fives and Daka, some use both tanks, I also see Phasma as a leader sometimes. You should be able to look at the top arena teams in your server under the Ranks tab, that should give you a better idea.

I would focus on Rey, she is easily the best ftp character at the moment, if you could get her gear level up high enough she can one hit kill. Poe is unfortunately outclassed by ST Han and RG. I actually like Greedo more than GS after the last update, but getting him from gear 8 to 9 is hard, and gear 9 to 10 is a nightmare compared to say GS or Qui-Gon, so focus on those two instead. Qui-Gon in particular is great once you start running into RG in arena.
  • pmaroff
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    Here is my perspective: Arena rank defense is all about targeting. You don't want someone to look at their three options to hit and think that you look best. If you are winning on offense, that works, but you can't look easy to beat.

Sid is not an arena threat anymore. The low potency just kills him, so this is an easy char to beat. Greedo may be a hidden gem, but because he's hidden, he's not going to scare anyone. JC is average at best.

On Phasma -- I think you are discounting her middle ability. I find it fantastic. It gives everyone's next turn a critical, and gives 50% TM to your whole party. 50% x5 is 250%, or basically more than two full character turns. You spent 1 turn, get 2, plus everyone crits. It is great. You should use it every time it is available.

I would run:
    7 star Phasma (L)
    5 star Rey
    7 star Poe
    6 star GS
    7 star Greedo

You could sub in JC for Greedo if you wanted to, but I think running healers in GW is a think of the past. Most good teams don't run them anymore unless you are going against 5's. Lumi is pretty good though, so maybe when she gets to 7 star you can use her instead.

Thanks, this cleared up a lot for me honestly. I think I'll go Phasma (L), Rey, Poe, GS, JC for now until I can get Rey into one-shot-form to the point where I dont need a healer, then I'll use Greedo. Just ran a variation of that combo all the way through GW and won a couple Arena battles, so it's looking good so far.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    You don't have Luminara?

If you can get her and level her up, she's strictly an upgrade to the Jedi Consular--more healing, more damage, slightly more utility (Her cooldown attack can Ability Block).
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • pmaroff
    16 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    You don't have Luminara?

If you can get her and level her up, she's strictly an upgrade to the Jedi Consular--more healing, more damage, slightly more utility (Her cooldown attack can Ability Block).

Yeah I have her at 5* Gear 7. I'm farming her and Rey primarily right now. I just delayed farming her for a while because I would just use her as an ally, but that obviously doesn't apply to GW or Arena, so got my head straight and decided to focus on her.