Displaying an Individual Toon's XP Bar

MasterSeedy
5072 posts Member
On the main "Characters" screen, it shows how many shards you have towards getting your next promotion. The shaded progress bar does not fill based on how many shards you've spent on previous promotions, only how many shards you've acquired toward your next one. So a 5* toon with 17 shards will have a progress bar that looks (and is) 20% full. The progress bar isn't [145 + 17]/230 = 70% full.

But when you click on a toon, the lower right of the character's page includes an XP progress bar, just over the "Train" button.

That lower right progress bar shows %full based on all the xp you've given to the character for previous levels. My Biggs currently shows "184,560/200,025" because he's working on 63rd level and it took 184,025 xp to get him up to 62nd. But 62=>63 is 16,000. Thus the progress bar text states that I've gotten 184k towards 63rd level...and the progress bar shading shows that I'm 90%+ of the way there.

except I'm not 90% plus there the way the vast majority of your players think about it. We think about it like we think about shards. "The other levels are in the past...how far have I gotten on finishing THIS level?"

It's not helpful to have a progress bar that is always 90%+ full (because even when you're 500xp into a 16,000xp level, the vast history of xp spent guarantees that characters over 60th level will always have a bar 90% full).

Please set the display so that it's actually useful. Have the text tell us how many xp are required merely to go from the last time that toon acquired a level until the next time that toon will acquire a level. I know you can do it, b/c when you hit "train" that's the display and progress bar you get. But for some reason on the main character page it doesn't display like that, it gives us the unhelpful "always 90%+ full" progress bar.

This isn't a hard fix, can we get it done soon, plz?