2Next

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    uffdan wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    uffdan wrote: »
    Maybe its the licensing costs they're trying to make up?

EA already signed a 10 year contract with Disney. CG is owned by EA. Licensing costs aren't the concern. Star Wars is a premium IP and as a result they can charge more simply because people will pay more.

I spend way less on this game than I did in HoDA simply because my money does nothing for me in this game. There is zero instant gratification from buying fractions of a character I may never get to usable levels.

I totally get and respect that. But that unfortunately doesn't change the reality of why they do it and that many of us (me included), are guilty of indulging them.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    It's the most annoying and fustrating thing in this game to me. It's such an artificial barrier and stops what these games are meant to be about... Progression.

I've just hit 80 and I realized if you need to buy credits to move toons from 79->80 595 crystals gets you 2 toons up one level, how pathetic!

The only way to actually make things fair is to make ALL credit rewards scale with level.

Why would a level 79 be earning the same as a level 40? It's ridiculous!
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    Baldo wrote: »
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Only way not to go crazy is focus on one toon at a time. It will only take 10 days to level him to 80 :wink:

Yes 100 days I've done the math. By then I have another 10 7* maybe 15. By then 90 out and it will be another 30 mil to level up the guys that just cost 80 mil. Future not looking bright to me for this

I don't mind working for it but it is slowing down the ability to farm toons now drastically. One mistake will be a HUGE set back which is concerning.

Oh by then they'll raise the level cap to 90 ;) LOL...I actually get a little annoyed when I level up...all those credits down the toilet. 4k away from 80 and hopefully it stays at 80 until next year -.-

If they announced a level cap increase before summer is over I'm 99% sure I'd be done with this. I can't even get my arena team leveled up to 80 because of the credit shortage. Being borderline on whether or not to continue playing as it is, when it costs an entire galactic war to level up a single character and they haven't improved the credit situation it'll make my decision to delete this game a lot easier.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    Baldo wrote: »
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Only way not to go crazy is focus on one toon at a time. It will only take 10 days to level him to 80 :wink:

Yes 100 days I've done the math. By then I have another 10 7* maybe 15. By then 90 out and it will be another 30 mil to level up the guys that just cost 80 mil. Future not looking bright to me for this

I don't mind working for it but it is slowing down the ability to farm toons now drastically. One mistake will be a HUGE set back which is concerning.

Oh by then they'll raise the level cap to 90 ;) LOL...I actually get a little annoyed when I level up...all those credits down the toilet. 4k away from 80 and hopefully it stays at 80 until next year -.-

If they announced a level cap increase before summer is over I'm 99% sure I'd be done with this. I can't even get my arena team leveled up to 80 because of the credit shortage. Being borderline on whether or not to continue playing as it is, when it costs an entire galactic war to level up a single character and they haven't improved the credit situation it'll make my decision to delete this game a lot easier.

This, but I can't imagion this is even an option (increase of level cap that fast).
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    papnwors wrote: »
    It's the most annoying and fustrating thing in this game to me. It's such an artificial barrier and stops what these games are meant to be about... Progression.

I've just hit 80 and I realized if you need to buy credits to move toons from 79->80 595 crystals gets you 2 toons up one level, how pathetic!

The only way to actually make things fair is to make ALL credit rewards scale with level.

Why would a level 79 be earning the same as a level 40? It's ridiculous!

Nothing in this game scales appropriately. I have every ls/ds mission accomplished, except ds hard 7D, preventing me from beginning stage 8. I almost made it today, and I realize I need stronger characters, but still, the difficulty of 7C to 7D isn't even on the same level.
  • StarSon
    7470 posts Member
    Options
    You can only play with 5 toons at a time in arena. Why have 30+?

Because honestly, Arena is the worst part of this game. But, to follow your point, you need
    - 10 for LS/DS
    - 10 others for GW
    - 10 others for Raids

You can pick your 5 for Arena from that list of 30, but if you want to do well anywhere else, you need at least 30 well starred/equipped/abilitied/levelled toons. To make credits the wall in that situation seems very odd to me.

I have been playing since December. I spend money every now and then, but cannot yet purchase Aurodium packs. I currently have 12 7* characters, and 3 others that have shards to go to 7* but no credits (Poe @ 6*, Teebo @ 5*, Biggs @ 5*). I also have several other lower star promotions just waiting. And 3 characters with shards but not even activated, because what's the point if I can't do anything with them?

And lastly, how can you honestly think we should have a ton of characters when this game is specifically designed as a collection game? They even use that as a tag line in their promotions! Hopefully they are actually looking at it (as they have said they are), and they will make the credit issue better, instead of worse (still remember the profit mining "improvement"). In the meantime, I am going to sit here and continue to gain shards that I can do nothing with.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not a big spender, but i would be happy to buy another $11 subscription (bought one already and the darkside pack) because i like this game and would like to support it and have 100 extra crystals a day. But i refuse to spend another dime on the game since I've hit the credit wall and since i got to the point where i realize they want me to pay to buy furnaces and junk. When they get rid of these problems I'll spend some more. They don't care about my $11 I know because whales will keep spending, but its the only form of protest i have.
  • Options
    Yeah that credit issue is frustrating. I currently have 6 toons waiting with enough shards to star up, but with no credits to do so. And I'm not even totally f2p, I mean I've subscribed to that 100 crystals per day thing twice, and bought some minor crystal packs, but I'm broke as hell every single day.
  • Options
    I agree the credit issue is horrible. I broke down and started using energy to run credit mining challenges....26 energy a pop and out of 10 runs I maybe get the 30k 1/10 times. Currently I have 18 seven star characters w/ 3 more 7* by the end of next week. All I can do is level them up one at a time and activate their next star when needed. I've even purchased the 500k credits pack for 500 crystals but to be honest those 500k credits don't help much but maybe levels up a character one or two levels.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    If this credit problem continues, we are going to see the same toons in arena over and over again unless you are in a whale shard. I have Phasma waiting on the bench for like 2 weeks i think. Even the crystal refills in energy and cantina have dropped in effectiveness, because now at level 79-80, it's not exactly a 'refill' anymore.
  • maza7671
    33 posts Member
    Options
    They need to have alternative ways to beat the credit crunch- as many other posts have suggested. Things like selling gear or sim cards for credits is a small step in the right direction but at least its a step.
  • Options
    Agreed. This is a major issue. I was considering buying the Droid pack they currently have out. But why do that when I can't get credits to level them. So I decided not to purchase.
  • Options
    Add me to the list of people who think this is a major issue that needs to be addressed. If not, I can't see spending any more money on this game.
  • Options
    I stopped buying Chromiums AND stopped farming players in the Arena and GW b/c there is no point - I have 3 toons waiting for the credits to move them up a star level (including 100 shards for 6* Poggle who is level 40, and no purple gear because even though I have 5000 training droids, I only have 600K in cash

In every other game XP and rewards scale with level - here...its the same for level 50 and level 75. Why not scale up - I would say after level 69 credits should double (they can increase slowly as you level up) and at 80 it should be triple - I believe its only ~450K per GW....seems like 1.2M is fair for someone at the top top level
  • Options
    I often wonder if people who complain about these things realize that if you could get everything quickly (gear, shards) and max everyone quickly (droids, credits), the game would lose any lasting appeal really quickly. The grind and effort it takes to level and gear characters IS what keeps us all playing. It doesn't have to be a race and if you want it to be, they've made it easy for you to spend money to get "there" faster.

But you're only doing yourself a disservice if you rush to gear and level everyone. its not like you can use every character in any mode or content that is currently available anyway.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Koryphaia wrote: »
    I often wonder if people who complain about these things realize that if you could get everything quickly (gear, shards) and max everyone quickly (droids, credits), the game would lose any lasting appeal really quickly. The grind and effort it takes to level and gear characters IS what keeps us all playing. It doesn't have to be a race and if you want it to be, they've made it easy for you to spend money to get "there" faster.

But you're only doing yourself a disservice if you rush to gear and level everyone. its not like you can use every character in any mode or content that is currently available anyway.

@Koryphaia the credits have not changed since level 40 GW when it costed about 10k to level a guy? Now it costs a quarter million and everyone has way more toons.... Explain that.
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    Options
    They should raise the credits with the cap but also it stops everyone maxing out toons so quickly so it gives everybody the oppurtunity to catch up